Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

A chief prosecutor who also works for Ticket Clinic

I’ve been sitting in traffic court in Florida for almost 25 years and have personally handled well over 1,000,000 traffic related cases. I subcontract for all the larger traffic firms, including the firm you mentioned.

While the larger firms provide a valuable service, in the smaller counties they farm it out to the local attorneys. My advice is to hire the local experienced traffic lawyer, not the big traffic firm and not a local general practitioner. You may spend a few dollars more in attorney fees but you want the local guy who’s familiar with the players in the local court up to bat for you and not there because the some big firm is paying them $50 to cover. You become just a name. Trust me.

#259 5 years ago

I love all the lawyers in this thread. LOL

If you get a ticket in another state, you will receive points on your Florida driving record if the violation is an offense that earns points in Florida. For example, if you get a speeding ticket for going 14 miles above the speed limit outside Florida, you will earn three points on your Florida record. In terms of points added to your driving record, Florida treats out-of-state citations as if the ticket was received in Florida. It does not matter how many points the other states would assess against their drivers for the same violation. The point system is a graduated scale of points that assigns relative values to convictions.

Florida drivers are not eligible to attend driving school for out-of-state tickets.

Toastertog will receive 4 points on his driving record by paying the out of state citation.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

He may have a little hope here. Georgia isn't a member of the DLC.
    https://www.carinsurance.com/which-states-share-traffic-ticket-reciprocity.aspx

GA isn’t a member of the compact but they still share the information. I have several clients with suspensions of their Florida driver licenses due to GA tickets.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-1132-speeding-ticket-in-georgia?tu=tktlwyr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.