8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 months ago

My experience is a lot of times you get a very high fine or double offense knowing that a plea bargain will still ding you, meaning you'll get one of the charges or a reduced, still high fine. They are expecting you to plea bargain even in this case still a high fine. I'd take that if I were you. Here in Mass you'd have to pay to get a court date anyway and if the policeman shows up and you put the system through the drama, you'll get the highest charge. IMHO.

#31 8 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

So describe this ordeal a little better - were you on the expressway? 2 lane blacktop? Where exactly were you that you couldn't get around someone for 15 miles, whether they sped up or not? Were they in a Lamborghini? Because there ain't a car on the road I can't get around if I really want to - that's why God made shoulders......

God made shoulders to support the ole decision maker on top.

#40 8 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Well, some feel the left lane is theirs and anyone going slower should get out of their way. Speeder’s rights?

I've seen people get tickets for "pushing" people out of the passing lane, meaning come up behind them at a high speed like cruisers do.

#115 8 months ago

All of the stuff in this thread is admissible should you fight it.

#120 8 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A traffic stop in itself is inherently dangerous.
    I don't disagree that serious offenders should be stopped and ticketed, but I do disagree that this is not seen as a chance to raise revenue. I've been pulled over for a rolling stop violation, and going 5 over (even slowing down when I was entering a reduced speed zone). It's a joke.

I hafta agree that a traffic stop on the highway is dangerous and unproductive as well. As someone who has commuted on Rte 128/95 around Eastern Mass for a long time, just having a cruiser within sight of motorists causes huge traffic backups. So the ticket is legal system revenue of $100 or $500 and it's at what cost of lost time, wasted gas in traffic for thousands of people? Yes, I said thousands...

#124 8 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is not true at all. Not sure why you think so. They did a study and NYS is actually the worst state with a long history of allowing the most chronic speeders to plea away or throw out their tickets.
    Hell we regularly drive 85mph on the Northway here in NY and the cops don’t start getting annoyed till you hit 90, but they give warnings and such. Just get an attorney and plea your case by mail. It’s easier and trust me it’s waaaay cheaper than the insurance and points you’ll get if that sticks.

Saratoga Springs is a great town!

#140 8 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

If you do decide to go to court to “fight” the charges, do not go without an attorney. This judge could make an example out of you and you could wind up in work duty, community service or jail. You’ve got two options: pay the fine and live with the consequences or attorney up and deal with those potential consequences- while hoping the judge will not throw the book at you-

In Massachusetts, you request a hearing and go before the mag for a plea bargain. No need for a lawyer. The plea is what it is. If you say no, request a court hearing, pay a fee $100? maybe and then lawyer up.

#240 8 months ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Once again I average 35k miles a year for about 16 years now. Over the course of the last few years it's gotten really bad with inconsiderate drivers. Most of the speed changing left lane drivers are drivers that are texting. It's much easier to keep traffic behind you and not contend with someone applying brakes in front of you when you are not looking.
    I really don't mind slow left lane drivers as long as they stay slow. It's not ideal, but I can pass safely on the right. As for speed changing left lane drivers. I don't want to go faster and faster to make my pass. Just move out of the left lane.
    Keep in mind I'm not driving across town. Most of my drives are at least 2-3 hours in one direction. My $1132 ticket was on a 10 hour trip.

If the left lane is for passing, why would you be passing on the right? That sounds like you have someone slower than you want to be in the right lane in front of you as well. So you are talking about passing on the right then passing the guy in front of you on the left to get back in the non-passing right lane? That's called weaving.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 244.99
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside