Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago

If you have to go to the courthouse, will you have to pay for parking?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

A really good attorney could potentially get you off or dramatically reduced, but that kind of lawyer is going to cost a ton more than the ticket, so only reason to do that would be if you were in danger of losing your license. These kind of speed traps are designed to make it as unattractive as possible to fight it, often the judge is just going to rubber stamp it, as these tickets are what are funding the justice system in that county.

I always wondered, what would qualify as a good attorney for something so simple as a speeding ticket?

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

A friend dealt with a situation like this and the attorney he used specialized in this kind of thing, got the cop so twisted up in what happened, various details and what he was saying that he ended up contradicting himself, and got the case dismissed.

Was it this guy?

5-My-Cousin-Vinny-quotes (resized).png5-My-Cousin-Vinny-quotes (resized).png
    #74 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Unfortunately unless you have a friend in law you are probably best off just paying the fine. I can understand the situation you were in and you seem like a pretty reasonable person but you did get clocked going 100 and 30mph over the speed limit. A good lawyer has decent chance of getting your off completely but it will cost you more then the ticket. So you need to decide if it has additional benefits for it not to be on your record and if lawyer fees and court dates are worth it. The first thing a good lawyer is going to do is request the calibration records for the radar the cop was using. Police departments are historically terrible about recalibrating and certifying them on time and if it's not certified they have to throw out your result. Lots of other little tricks a good lawyer will know that can help you get a reduction or the ticket thrown out.

That's what I was asking about having a "good" lawyer. If we all know about the calibration thing, I would assume every lawyer in the world has heard of it....
    I just don't see what could be so involved with a speeding ticket that there's even a slight difference in lawyers.?

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally right...none of the "good" lawyers make a living in the speeding ticket world regardless (seriously...not a single one). If you are any good there is far more high paying work out there for you as an attorney than arguing about speeding tickets and trying to get someone who doesn't want to pay a $500 ticket to pay you $500 for your time crossing a law enforcement officer on the stand about his calibrations...
    A "good" lawyer, in the context of resolving this particular speeding ticket, would be someone who would have a good rapport with the prosecutor or law enforcement agency who issued the ticket...

So not so much with knowing/arguing the law and more to do with who you know? huh.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Too bad you were not driving through Hazzard County Georgia. You could have just jumped a dirt ramp over the police car and gotten away.

I usually go with Lupe's escape.

#95 5 years ago

I once got 7 no-front-tag tickets in one summer.

#189 5 years ago

3:52

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Dude, how can you put Levi on ignore. He is very entertaining and he is pretty cool once you get past his subtlety.

I have everyone on ignore. I can only see my own posts. Don't even ask how I just quoted you.

1 month later
    #339 4 years ago

So people will type in their phone while driving that they saw a pothole? Sounds safe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-1132-speeding-ticket-in-georgia?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.