Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png
    There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 5 years ago

Just wait until all these yahoos on the planet are in flying cars

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #252 5 years ago

Attend the hearing, plead Nolo Contendre, ask for a reduction in fine from Turner County, Super Speeder is a no get away from. Lawyer is a waste of more $. You have a minor point in that in Georgia there is a state law on the books now (went into effect either 7-1-17 or 7-1-18), for slow pokes in the left lane, but an argument that that is why you were doing 100 will not hold any water to a judge.

#253 5 years ago

Does Georgia not have the thing where you take defensive driving to dismiss a ticket?

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

Does Georgia not have the thing where you take defensive driving to dismiss a ticket?

Probably even more expensive then the ticket would be...

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Attend the hearing, plead Nolo Contendre, ask for a reduction in fine from Turner County, Super Speeder is a no get away from. Lawyer is a waste of more $.

I guess it depends on what your time is worth. Presumably this is several hours away, I'm guessing, from where the OP lives. If you have to pay to travel there, potentially take a day off work, etc., a lawyer might be negligible assuming they can represent you in court. And saves you from paying for parking.

Personally (and your motives may differ), I wouldn't care about reducing the fine. At this point, it's expensive no matter what -- I'd want to get it reduced to a non-moving violation (probably unlikely in this case, but something might be possible), or something with fewer points. This would be particularly important if the points get reported back to the home state (no idea, but probably). Most counties primarily care about the $$. Saving $500 now seems great but if you get hit with several hundred dollar increase in insurance premiums for the next 5+ years, you'd wish you had gone that route.

A lawyer can tell you what to expect. If you are friendly with your insurance guy (I'd only do this if you know him/her at least casually) you can ask about premiums if you "hypothetically" got a speeding ticket out of state.

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Attend the hearing, plead Nolo Contendre,

When I went to pay my last ticket a few years ago, the cashier gave the option of pleading no contest in absentia as long as I didn't have a history of frequent traffic violations. You pay the ticket and the court fee, but you don't have to show up for court and no points.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Probably even more expensive then the ticket would be...

Totally, but if it saves you points and a bump in insurance it's still well worthwhile. But I'm guessing that program may not apply to "super speeders" like OP.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Totally, but if it saves you points and a bump in insurance it's still well worthwhile. But I'm guessing that program may not apply to "super speeders" like OP.

I hadn’t considered insurance costs, that is a darn good observation fosaisu

How many states do the point system now? Louisiana doesn’t have it but I know Texas does. Does Georgia? What happens if you don’t live in the state where you are ticketed? Do you lose a point in your home state?

#259 5 years ago

I love all the lawyers in this thread. LOL

If you get a ticket in another state, you will receive points on your Florida driving record if the violation is an offense that earns points in Florida. For example, if you get a speeding ticket for going 14 miles above the speed limit outside Florida, you will earn three points on your Florida record. In terms of points added to your driving record, Florida treats out-of-state citations as if the ticket was received in Florida. It does not matter how many points the other states would assess against their drivers for the same violation. The point system is a graduated scale of points that assigns relative values to convictions.

Florida drivers are not eligible to attend driving school for out-of-state tickets.

Toastertog will receive 4 points on his driving record by paying the out of state citation.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

If you get a ticket in another state, you will receive points on your Florida driving record if the violation is an offense that earns points in Florida.

Even if Georgia gives him the option to plead no contest and doesn't actually assign points? If so, that sucks!

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

If you get a ticket in another state, you will receive points on your Florida driving record if the violation is an offense that earns points in Florida.

How does Florida find out about the citation in the other state? Do all the states now share this info with each other? Or is it only in some states that share it?

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

How does Florida find out about the citation in the other state? Do all the states now share this info with each other? Or is it only in some states that share it?

He may have a little hope here. Georgia isn't a member of the DLC.

https://www.carinsurance.com/which-states-share-traffic-ticket-reciprocity.aspx

#263 5 years ago

For what it’s worth no attorneys in Georgia will touch the county that I got my ticket in. They say they enforce it at a ridiculously high level they don’t guarantee anything.

I had to sign a guilty plea for a reduction to 90 in a 70 and that was my fine of $1132. I paid it yesterday.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

He may have a little hope here. Georgia isn't a member of the DLC.
    https://www.carinsurance.com/which-states-share-traffic-ticket-reciprocity.aspx

GA isn’t a member of the compact but they still share the information. I have several clients with suspensions of their Florida driver licenses due to GA tickets.

#265 5 years ago

Toasterdog, I like your choice of colors... I sort of like them myself.
    Later, Sputnik

20190404_180829 (resized).jpg20190404_180829 (resized).jpg3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    #266 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

For what it’s worth no attorneys in Georgia will touch the county that I got my ticket in. They say they enforce it at a ridiculously high level they don’t guarantee anything.
    I had to sign a guilty plea for a reduction to 90 in a 70 and that was my fine of $1132. I paid it yesterday.

You should frame that ticket as a reminder. Damn!

#267 5 years ago

Sorry to hear brother-yeah GA can suck. I remember back when I was in the Marines and we got pulled over coming back from performing a funeral in full dress uniform trying to get back to base for training. The cop pulled us over doing 80 in a 65 and talked to us for 20 minutes about his time in the army back in the 80's and then proceeded to write us a ticket.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hadn’t considered insurance costs, that is a darn good observation fosaisu
    How many states do the point system now? Louisiana doesn’t have it but I know Texas does. Does Georgia? What happens if you don’t live in the state where you are ticketed? Do you lose a point in your home state?

That's why I had my son hire an attorney for his Tifton, Georgia ticket. Charge dropped to some non-moving violation, no points (Georgia reports back to the home state) basically, he paid the original fine and $100.00 less than the total with Super Speeder including the Attorney fee.

Well worth it as his insurance is only $58.00/month instead of $258.00 it would have jumped to.

#269 5 years ago

Gotta love Ohio. No reporting back to Michigan. On the spot fines [credit card only, or cash back at the station] pay and go.

My best was a 91 in a 55 during the national 55 mph speed limit days.......

#270 5 years ago

got a ticket going 81 in a 55 in Ohio a few years back , asked the local court office if there is something they can do for out of towners , had to supply my abstract of my driving driving record , which was clean . The moving violation was changed to a parking ticket with a set higher fine , sent money right away . God Bless America

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

That's why I had my son hire an attorney for his Tifton, Georgia ticket. Charge dropped to some non-moving violation, no points (Georgia reports back to the home state) basically, he paid the original fine and $100.00 less than the total with Super Speeder including the Attorney fee.
    Well worth it as his insurance is only $58.00/month instead of $258.00 it would have jumped to.

What kind of insurance do you get for $58/month?

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

What kind of insurance do you get for $58/month?

Basic legal liability coverage on his 2003 Audi TT.

20190404_230020 (resized).png20190404_230020 (resized).png
    #273 5 years ago

I've been pulled over by State troopers 3 times. Once in Vermont doing 80 on my way to pick up a High Speed! (true story)

And twice in my home state I did 100mph both times, but they said I was doing 80! They lied.

$200 tickets each time. I've been pulled over for speeding half a dozen times by random town cops, never ticketed from them.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

got a ticket going 81 in a 55 in Ohio a few years back , asked the local court office if there is something they can do for out of towners , had to supply my abstract of my driving driving record , which was clean . The moving violation was changed to a parking ticket with a set higher fine , sent money right away . God Bless America

I hated Nixon’s double nickel on the interstates. And the back highways, too. Those years sucked so bad for driving. My ‘77 Lincoln Mark V speedo only showed 80mph as top speed—-but it went much faster and I broke the speedometer cable.

Got a lot of tickets for 70mph.

#275 5 years ago

If you travel a lot via car you know that I-75 south of Macon is nothing but speed traps. Podunk towns making lots of $$ on everyone headed to/from Daytona or Orlando. 0 reason to be doing the crazy speed you were.

Pull over. Fill up the car. Get a milkshake. 20 minutes later he’s 20 miles in front of you. Get back on the road.

You got the ticket you deserved! Thanks for paying!

I’ve been in 0 wrecks and have had 0 tickets. But somehow my car insurance goes up 8-10% every year.... I wonder why...

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

If you travel a lot via car you know that I-75 south of Macon is nothing but speed traps. Podunk towns making lots of $$ on everyone headed to/from Daytona or Orlando. 0 reason to be doing the crazy speed you were.
    Pull over. Fill up the car. Get a milkshake. 20 minutes later he’s 20 miles in front of you. Get back on the road.
    I’ve been in 0 wrecks and have had 0 tickets. But somehow my car insurance goes up 8-10% every year.... I wonder why...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #277 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

#278 5 years ago

Get a bike. You could have dusted him miles before

Can you guys still use radar detectors there?? They were outlawed years ago here in OZ

#279 5 years ago

I think its comical the online defense attorney is the dbag prosecutor. What a joke.

#280 5 years ago

FWIW. Georgia doesn’t offer Driver Improvement courses to out of state residents. Had it been FL I would have gone that route.

I also have slowed my cruise control setting to 77 in a 70. I feel totally safe and not overly concerned about law at 79, but find I have to pass much more often. My recent commutes have actually been less stressful overall not passing as much.

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Fraudulent accident claims and complacent customers?

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from kayakkingoz:

Can you guys still use radar detectors there?? They were outlawed years ago here in OZ

Virginia and D.C. are the only places where they are illegal here.

#283 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry i do not believe it and he actually did say that the cops get commission whether it was hyperbole or not, and i personally don't think it was hyperbole either.
    None of this really matters though. My only point is NOBODY should be driving over 100mph on public roads. You can defend it all you want but if some asshole comes down my street doing 100mph im chasing the son of a bitch down and its probably not going to end well for one of us. Same goes for anyone ANYWHERE that puts my family in danger, interstate, neighborhood, i dont give a F.

Dude, there is a huge difference in blowing it out on a freeway with no one around and doing it down a road where people live. I have actually chased people down and threatened to pull them out of their car and beat their ass for hauling ass down my street where kids, and now my grand daughter, play in the road. One kid was showing off for his girlfriend and I told him I would kick his ass right in front of her and we would see what she thought of him after that and she laughed in his face. I regularly exceed 100MPH on the highway when no one is around. I do it on the bike and in the Corvette. You of course are asking for a ticket but hey, that is what lawyers are for. My bitch with cops is sitting on the highway waiting for someone to come by doing 80 on a 4 lane highway when everyone else is doing the same when they could be out stopping or preventing real crime.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from NathanP:

I think its comical the online defense attorney is the dbag prosecutor. What a joke.

I kinda figured that was a good thing for the defendant. He doesn't have to negotiate with the prosecutor because he is the prosecutor. Surely he wants his ticket clinic customers to be happy. But yeah, from an ethical viewpoint, it's a joke.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Wow, it's not cheap, but it does pay itself within 2 tickets. Thanks for the tip, I'm getting it !

I have one and they are awesome. I don't think much of their customer service though. Mine broke and I sent it to be repaired and it was the same when I got it back. They basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about but I could send it back at my expense and pay to have it repaired again. They are the best radar detectors available though.

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Dude, there is a huge difference in blowing it out on a freeway with no one around and doing it down a road where people live.

he was passing cars, it wasn't an empty road. try to actually follow the rules sometime. if you want to speed go get some track time where you won't potentially f*ck people who aren't trying to race.

#287 5 years ago

Wait, you weren't even speeding to go get a pin! Figured you were in a rush to pick grab the super deal before someone else got there.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Virginia and D.C. are the only places where they are illegal here.

Ontario, Canada too.

20180630_071337 (resized).png20180630_071337 (resized).png
    #289 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

"There's not a cop in the world that would let you go with just a warning." Don't know if that's true. If the driver was another cop, he'd stand a chance. Some cops treat the force like a publicly-funded private club.

Wrong, When I had the infamous ZR-1 I had just gotten it back from having a 410 gear put in it and having headers put on it. It felt like a rocket. I hit the entrance ramp doing 90 and kept going. I may not have been doing 120 but it was definatly over 3 digits. I got pulled over by a DPS cop. Im shitting my pants knowing I'm going to jail and they are going to tow my car. He gets out of the car and says to stay in the car and pull the hood. He looked at the engine and asked me some questions about the car and said that he had always wanted a ZR-1but couldn't afford it. He said to slow down so he didn't have to scoop me up off the freeway and to have a good evening and he drove off. I had to stay one the side of the road and clean the shit out of my pants.

Another time after my wife's mother died we were coming home from San Antonio and I was probably doing 95 along with everyone else and I got pulled over by a DPS cop. He walked up to the car like Buford T Justice and told me how fast I was going. I told him that I was not going that fast on purpose but we were tired and wanted to get home that we had had a long day because my wife's mother had just died. We had a big grandfather clock that might have looked somewhat like a coffin in the dark in the back of the truck and he looked back there and looked back at me and asked if that was her in the back of the truck. I seized the opportunity and said that yes that was her and would he kindly help us dig a hole in the field and put her in it. He laughed his ass of and said that we got the laugh of the day and to slow down and he let us go. My wife didn't speak to me for days but I got out of the ticket.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have one and they are awesome. I don't think much of their customer service though. Mine broke and I sent it to be repaired and it was the same when I got it back. They basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about but I could send it back at my expense and pay to have it repaired again. They are the best radar detectors available though.

I was about to click buy, then started reading reviews, then those darn suggested searches started popping out, so I got caught in the radar jungle of offers !

Now I don't know which one to get, I started reading more about Laser detection, they have a lot of Lidar in California and at that game it seems the Valentine 1 plays in a much different league but lacks some features that Valentine sees as counter productive.

There seems to be a relative consensus on laser detection though, basically once your detector picks up the beam it's already too late, the cop gets your speed. Searching more I found the stealth veil, not a laser jammer that's illegal but an actual coating for 100$ that would supposedly absorb the laser beam.

Lost in the jungle I'm telling ya !

#291 5 years ago

The only good thing laser detection is good for is that if they are aiming at someone else you can detect it and slow down. If they are aiming at you, you are pretty much busted. The good thing about laser is that they have to aim directly at you one car at a time so you have time to catch it and slow down. nothing will get you out of all tickets but the V1 will get you out of a lot. If you drive fast you are pretty crazy not to have one. I cannot drive slow, it literally stresses me beyond belief. I drive safely and respectable but I drive fast unless it is a residential area and/or a school zone. I have to have a V1 and even then I manage 1-2 tickets a year. Defensive driving for one and deferment for the other.

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinside: solving everyone’s legal issues since 2019.

This is why I took you off of ignore.

#293 5 years ago

Dude, how can you put Levi on ignore. He is very entertaining and he is pretty cool once you get past his subtlety.

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I cannot drive slow, it literally stresses me beyond belief. I drive safely and respectable but I drive fast unless it is a residential area and/or a school zone.

Then you are the problem, and those 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Dude, how can you put Levi on ignore. He is very entertaining and he is pretty cool once you get past his subtlety.

I have everyone on ignore. I can only see my own posts. Don't even ask how I just quoted you.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I have everyone on ignore. I can only see my own posts. Don't even ask how I just quoted you.

#297 5 years ago

Has anyone ever though that these fuckheads that insist on driving the speed limit or slower in the left lane and refuse to move over for faster traffic are more of a danger than people driving over the speed limit? on any given day in Houston traffic is usually going 80-85 and flowing nicely. Then there is the asshole who thinks he needs to drive 65 or slower in the left two lanes and everyone has to slow down and go around him which usually means weaving in and out of traffic to get around the person. You can tell me all day long that speed kills but stupid and inconsiderate is worse. You want to know what the one accident I have been in is? It was when I backed into someone who didnt show up in either mirror because some dipshit thought he needed a 10 minute window to pull across an intersection. He had 4 cars lined up behind him and the one behind me was parked at such an angle that her car did not show up in the rear view or the side mirror.

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone ever though that these fuckheads that insist on driving the speed limit or slower in the left lane and refuse to move over for faster traffic are more of a danger than people driving over the speed limit?

The fine for slow driving idiots blocking the left lane should be $1132! I wish the left lane law in Georgia was enforced half as much as the speed law is.

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone ever though that these fuckheads that insist on driving the speed limit or slower in the left lane and refuse to move over for faster traffic are more of a danger than people driving over the speed limit

I'm convinced the teaching that the left lane is for passing has been eliminated from modern driver education programs!

#300 5 years ago

I have no problem with someone who wants to go slow. Just not in the passing lane. That is what the right hand lane is for. The left is not an "I want to casually drive at 56 MPH in this lane for about 13 miles or so." lane. Especially when they are perfectly matching the speed of the driver in the middle and right lane. They you get behind a rolling wall that effectively blocks off everyone who wants to get around the jerk on the left. I love how they sometimes ignore the horn or the high beams instead of just moving over to the right. I wish that I could build a realistic looking rocket launcher and stick it out the window aimed at their car to see if that would make them move over. Honk Honk! That's it. Look in your rear view mirror jackass. Do I have your attention now? Move the F*** over.

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-1132-speeding-ticket-in-georgia/page/6?hl=golfkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.