(Topic ID: 28851)

So I finally cleaned under my ramps on Tron

By Toasterdog

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I was a little worried about pulling my ramps off Tron for the first time, but really wanted to clean up the orbit, gem and quorra shots. Lots of dirt that I couldn't get to.

Took me maybe an hour and a half or so from start to finish. Not sure I did it the right way, but I just dropped the bulbs out of the blue and yellow ramp flashers and unscrewed the ramp switches and left on playfield. Worked out well for me (I assume that's the right way to do it)

Regardless the outcome was good for me. Gained some experience and my lanes are clean and faster than ever (not sure that's a good thing, lol)

Anyway, if you have a Tron and it's dirty under the ramps it's not too bad. If I can do this, you can too. Was worried about creating a permanent ball track if I didn't clean it.

#2 11 years ago

How many plays did you do it after?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I was a little worried about pulling my ramps off Tron for the first time, but really wanted to clean up the orbit, gem and quorra shots. Lots of dirt that I couldn't get to.
Took me maybe an hour and a half or so from start to finish. Not sure I did it the right way, but I just dropped the bulbs out of the blue and yellow ramp flashers and unscrewed the ramp switches and left on playfield. Worked out well for me (I assume that's the right way to do it)
Regardless the outcome was good for me. Gained some experience and my lanes are clean and faster than ever (not sure that's a good thing, lol)
Anyway, if you have a Tron and it's dirty under the ramps it's not too bad. If I can do this, you can too. Was worried about creating a permanent ball track if I didn't clean it.

Yeah I've had 50 plays on mine and the track has already started. When I clean I'll be swapping to white rubbers. Black is durable and looks nice, but man does it leave a mess behind...

#4 11 years ago

Ebay and Amazon have "mini vac kits" that you just stick into the end of a shop vac for less than $15. They neck down to a 1/2" plastic hose with a bunch of plastic elbows, different brushes on the end of the tubes etc to get into tight places. You usually can't get 100% of those areas with the kit, but you can get enough of it so that you can put off ramp removel for cleaning for longer periods of time.

#5 11 years ago

I stick cleaning patches on a old toothbrush to get at hard to reach places

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-finally-cleaned-under-my-ramps-on-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.