• Latest reply 2 years ago by bonzo442
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Archived after 4 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) “This machine is absolutely stunning and next to impossible to find in this condition. Play field is original. Back glass is original. Very slim chance you will ever see another one...”
2017-05-15
Oakland, CA
7,000 (Firm)

Someone care to explain this to me. I see an ad for a $7k Evel Knievel and it's like click bait. Where does someone get that price ? And then I look further. Supposedly a pinsider here for many years, posts 109 ads over the last year with one sale total (with prices like these not surprising). Lots of different machines, lots of ridiculous prices. Said pinsider has only seemingly opened threads about selling their pins and otherwise not contributed. Supposedly only owns two pins. And who the heck posts 109 ads for pins and only gets one sale. Thats just got to take effort of some kind to do so. Usually only see this kind of futile persistence by a bonkers Craigslister.

Are pinside and it's members being trolled ? Seems like it.

Shouldn't they just be told to go back to EBay and foist their wares there ? Or am I just being too harsh here ?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Said pinsider has only seemingly opened threads about selling their pins and otherwise not contributed.

Don't forget making lowball offers.

#3 2 years ago

Agree with the OP. If you are going to use Pinside as your advertising platform you need to contribute to this website. Really wish that the powers to be would limit the number of ads one can place without contributing financially, it would get rid of a lot of these type of leeches......

#4 2 years ago

If it's a premium listing, they are paying whether sold or not, at least the $10 listing fee or whatever it is. The seller also has ridiculously priced games, so it's doubtful they make a sale very often.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

explain this to me.

You try selling a pin with $2-3K into it for $7K and see how many you sell... I presume it takes extreme patience to wait for the bottomless-wallets to surface and ignore the price tag...

Look, there's nothing inherently wrong with overpaying for something you are going to keep for a lifetime... But...

What makes me scratch my head is -- how do these people with bottomless-wallets who overpay for pins MOVE a machine once they bite? That's the part of this chain of idiocracy that I can't figure out.

Just speculation. I can't help but imagine there's a trail of tears here. Not sure how that's good for the hobby. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it -- and most bottomless wallets don't care about losing $3-4K on a resale...

/shrug
-mof

#6 2 years ago

The seller of the game is a known flipper here in the Bay Area, who has prices that don't reflect the game at all. I know a few people who got burned by him pretty badly.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

burned by him pretty badly

Right, what if someone on a budget doesn't realize they are about to lose $3-4K on a deal? Is that good for the hobby?
-mof

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The seller of the game is a known flipper here in the Bay Area, who has prices that don't reflect the game at all. I know a few people who got burned by him pretty badly.

He posts on Craigslist as well. Always big prices except once one was priced fairly. I agree seems like a lot of effort to constantly post ads shooting for the moon.

#9 2 years ago

I thought the moderators shut him down a while back. If I remember correctly it was about the fee issue. Or was that Gorf?

#10 2 years ago

I actually contacted him a couple yrs ago about a restored Lost World he was selling. It was VERY VERY nice and I talked him down from 2500 to about 1800. Thought that was a pretty fair deal even though it is Lost World. Changed my mind for whatever the reason and haven't inquired about another pin since. Seemed like an alright guy to me. Always had mint pins.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Said pinsider has only seemingly opened threads about selling their pins and otherwise not contributed.

Shouldn't they just be told to go back to EBay and foist their wares there ? Or am I just being too harsh here ?

did this really need its own thread?! how do you know they haven't contributed? Is it because there's no red heart beside his name! Irony! I don't see a red heart or a moderator tag by your name! Seems like your trolling for peeps to join a lynch mob! It's threads like this ruining pinside IMO, Just saying

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

... how do you know they haven't contributed? Is it because there's no red heart beside his name! ...

Here's the ad poster's activity on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mallory/forum

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

did this really need its own thread?! how do you know they haven't contributed? Is it because there's no red heart beside his name! Irony! I don't see a red heart or a moderator tag by your name! Seems like your trolling for peeps to join a lynch mob! It's threads like this ruining pinside IMO, Just saying

And yet you read the thread and felt the need to post. You are free to click ignore. Go look at my thread history and see if I've contributed any. Did I ever claim to be a moderator ? No. Did I say this should be banned ? No. Seems like you however want to be the "acceptable forum posting" police.

Not looking for a mob but trying to understand why this seems an acceptable use of he marketplace. That's a legitimate question especially when you have behavior at this extreme.

#14 2 years ago

Kinda funny too how he lists a EK for 7k, and has just ONE pic???

#15 2 years ago

It says you have been a member since 2012. I appologize if I missed it, but where does it say how much you have contributed?

#16 2 years ago

This guy is a waste of oxygen. This is the same game he claimed to have sold like a year ago for $9000 and he says he sells them all day long for that price.

John

#17 2 years ago

He may have inspired someone in Detroit...
detroit.craigslist.org link
8k...Yeesh

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from paddlepaw:

He may have inspired someone in Detroit...
detroit.craigslist.org link
8k...Yeesh

I dunno... that seems fair. I mean, it comes with a chord!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

it comes with a chord

Oooooooooo i missed that. G chord, C Chord, or harpsichord?....endless possibilities.

#20 2 years ago

I don't think his one sale is a lie.

#21 2 years ago

If that was an EM Evel Knievel for $7000.00 I would have bought it already, discussion over.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

If that was an EM Evel Knievel for $7000.00 I would have bought it already, discussion over.

Not from me, your a little low.
LOL

John

#23 2 years ago

Maybe it's the LE snake river canyon model and come with a parachute...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Sale Pending!
Blaine, TN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside