Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
20190815_190314 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I am trying to add a service outlet to one of my pinball machines (it was missing) and want to make sure I solder the correct wires. My other pins have green, white, and black wires on the fuse side but this one does not. Can someone help me so I don't blow myself up? I know the green goes on the grounding tab in the middle. The other two am not entirely sure.

20190815_190314 (resized).jpg20190815_190314 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Black attaches to brown (hot)
White attaches to blue (neutral)
Green goes to green/yellow (ground)

#4 4 years ago

just attach to the black and white wires.?.?.
You don't need that to be fused.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

just attach to the black and white wires.?.?.
You don't need that to be fused.

I think you’re looking at the circuit incorrectly. The white and black wires are on the load side of the line filter(After the fuse.) Connecting the service outlet there would add the fuse and the filter to the circuit.

The brown, blue, and green/yellow wires come from the wall. That is where I would attach the service outlet.

#6 4 years ago

Sorry, every 110 power cord I ever seen has black 4 power, white 4 common, green 4 ground.
So your saying the power coming in are the black, blue and yellow green striped ones?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

So your saying the power coming in are the black, blue and yellow green striped ones?

Not unusual color codes for electronic equipment.

#8 4 years ago

In this case the power coming in is brown, blue, and green/yellow.

It is a common color code for single phase wiring in the EU and other countries. In the US Black, white and green is the standard color code. However I have seen the EU color code used in many electronics.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

Interesting.
Never worked on a EU. game.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Interesting.
Never worked on a EU. game.

I see it in a lot of computer equipment in the U.S.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses! Wired up and working great!

#12 4 years ago

Black always used to be Neutral here in Oz, with Active as Red. Obviously this was changed along with standards decades ago to avoid confusion, for both reasons of international uniformity as well as safety contingencies aroud undiagnosed colour blindness. Plenty of equipment still exists with this scheme though, of course. Just some trivia

*Brown/Blue/GreenYellow is now our standard.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Black always used to be Neutral here in Oz, with Active as Red. Obviously this was changed along with standards decades ago to avoid confusion, for both reasons of international uniformity as well as safety contingencies aroud undiagnosed colour blindness. Plenty of equipment still exists with this scheme though, of course. Just some trivia
*Brown/Blue/GreenYellow is now our standard.

I know my machine is a reimport as the coin door has three coin slots and the label shows the voltage as 220v. Does the color combo I have mean that it came from Australia, or is this standard for many countries? I have always wondered why the coin door is different. Why more slots?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

In this case the power coming in is brown, blue, and green/yellow.
It is a common color code for single phase wiring in the EU and other countries. In the US Black, white and green is the standard color code. However I have seen the EU color code used in many electronics.[quoted image]

Please draw all my schematics thanks. That’s the most understandable one I’ve seen in pinball

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I know my machine is a reimport as the coin door has three coin slots and the label shows the voltage as 220v. Does the color combo I have mean that it came from Australia, or is this standard for many countries? I have always wondered why the coin door is different. Why more slots?

I think now we match europe, also 220-240v @ 50hz in common.

As far as I understand 3 slot for europe in the day, more coin variety with only one coin mechanicals to utilise. In the 80s we had mostly 2 slot it seems (20c & $1). Our 50c were always much too large. In the 90's we got $2 coins, but by then digital mechs still meant 2 slot was plenty. In general through 90s B/W in Oz 3 slot seems to mean euro import, 2 slot for Oz delivered. That's just my observation and info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-don-t-burn-down-the-house?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.