(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#35 10 years ago

Man, some of you WoZ guys are tolerant as hell... good for you though! I certainly am glad I stayed away from this WoZ debacle? (No too strong...) WoZ mess? (Yeah, that's better.)

How many here wish they would have kept their money in their pocket and stayed away and just waited to get their WoZ when they become available? I'm sure most won't admit that. I mean plenty here complain about Stern yet tolerate this? And don't kid yourself, your not saving any money. A $6500 WoZ over two years ago is the same as buying a $7500 WoZ today. And for many it will be a big disappointment. The hype will be hard (impossible?) to live up to at this point.

It looks like it will be going into 2014 for some of you... hope you guys love it!

Some will love it for sure. Some will force themselves to love it and the others will admit the whole thing was a mistake and move on without WoZ.

Which one will you be?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Already at the powder coating shop. If I'm lucky the parts will be done by Friday

Hopefully JJP takes a lesson from Stern and starts making their future LE's with different artwork or at least something really unique... Standards can be made into LE's too easily.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I will admit I wish there was a bit more to separate the two, but I'm not that fond of the different artwork idea... because there's no guarantee that the LE version will actually be better or more desirable than the standad/pro (unless they purposefully gimp one). Just look at some of Stern's issues with multiple LE versions, or where the Premium is less favored than the Pro.

If a pin ends up being a winner then most will always prefer the LE but with WoZ there just isn't much reason... yes, the true collectors will always desire the LE more but when you can take a Standard and make it 99% into an LE easily and pretty inexpensively that's just not good. JJP needs to do better next time IMO.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My powder job won't be the same as on the LE, or probably even as good. The LE is definitely a better deal price wise. If I buy invisiglass ($300), powder coat ($200), shaker motor ($250?), I'll be in for $7850 at that point and still won't have the better topper, signed apron, or limited run. But I didnt care about any of that. I just wanted the game now since it was available.

Your prices for the extras seem high here... and you say 1000 is 'limited run'? Better topper? Okay and signed apron? Darn...

Just saying hopefully JJP takes a lesson from Stern... they can both help each other make pins great in the future.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If I wanted to I could go have decals made for my ACDC Premium that looks like a BIB along with a powder coat job and could be done...it will never be an ACDC LE though and demand the same money or be rare. WOZ LE comes with powder coated parts, unique topper, unique apron with LE plaque, signed certificate, plus the shaker and invisiglass. If I bought a standard now it would cost far more to make it look like an LE then just waiting another month or two for my game at this point.

No problem dude... I understand! Your a WoZ head through and through. I'm pretty sure it could get delivered to you in 2021 on fire and you would still love it... LOL, its all good. Your going to love it so no worries for you...

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Some will never buy it

You got something right for once Big Hurl...

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

So u will never own a woz?

Its possible but from day one I never liked the theme. I just thought since they were making 1000 and endless Standards I could be patient and wait. Play it when the code is complete and decide. I know they will always be available so no reason to buy now... I really doubt I will own one. I've played it several times and respect the quality but most everything else is rather blah to me.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I see what you did there. Well done..
maybe consider giving up your day job of scalper/oppurtunist, for comedy.

naw, scalper/opportunist/profiteer... much more satisfying.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey TeeKee what did you get on your MET LE over a premium? Cabinet decals? For and extra
$700 "darn"....

ABSOLUTELY!! To me and I think to a lot of people the different artwork is huge! Especially when its so much better looking than the others. Its the one thing that would be really hard, costly and time consuming to ever duplicate. It really separates the two more than anything. And the collectors gobble that up! Tron could have really been special with this difference... It would have helped WoZ dramatically as well but right now there are too many other things to worry about regarding WoZ...

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I'm glad you love your METLE and thanks for reminding everyone how worried they should be about WOZ

No one should be worried about WoZ because of what I say. Its all pretty much personal opinion and the way I'm looking at things, that's all. MoPLE is great but has its own issues that we are hoping will get worked out. It has its positives but the negatives are there as well. Its the same with all pins. Hopefully they all get worked out and everyone is happy in the end but it never happens that way...

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think your time would be better justified trying to pump up the latest Stern release a bit more since the "Wow factor" seems to be wearing off and LE's are sitting at sub $8K pricing....

Why is it always about money with you? Love pinball for the hobby like me not the money!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Okay, here's one for you. Do you want to make a bet that the Wizard of Oz code gets it's wizard modes released *before* Metallica gets it's done?

Its had a two year head start!

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The "big toy" STILL doesn't work correctly, even with patched software. Issues indeed. I can't even imagine what losers like you would be screaming if WOZ's main toy failed on every shipped game?

Loser? Wow, sensitive are we? Can't take the good with the bad? Please tell me what I said that was so horrible? What did I say that made you cry?

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm not ripping on anything. The big toy STILL does not work. That's a fact, not a rip. The rest of the game is fun so far, but there's serious issues with the magnet detect circuitry that Stern needs to fix.
As for WOZ, you can keep bashing the game all you want, if that's the point you're trying to make. I couldn't care less whether you like that game or not. There's a big difference between bashing a game (and backing it up with examples of why said game sucks), and bashing a person or company mercilessly and relentlessly, just because you dislike them. The former can be informative and even fun (for those of us who remember Aron Boag and his rants LOL). The latter just shows you're an a$$hole.

Please give examples? Bashing? Example please... your outta control! You complain about bashing as you bash! LOL... never bashed anything if you pay attention.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Good with the bad? You haven't posted anything good in years, if ever. I do 'congratulate' you for taking your trolling to the point Jack himself had to respond.. achievement "pinside-a$$hole" complete LOL
BTW I'm not crying, I'm laughing. At you. <-- See here?

Like I said, your definitely not paying attention but you sure know how to personally attack someone, thanks! You can't give any specifics of bashing like I thought. You totally missed my multiple posts regarding WoZ's quality, look and feel being unmatched. My comments regarding theme, number produced, etc. are my opinion and personal experience...

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#356 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am still wondering why everyone is mad at Markmon. I just don't see what he did here to get people lashing out at him.

Because its WoZ... WoZ is a touchy subject. The WoZ heads are here to protect and serve JJP! They will bash Stern, will bash the Stern flippers that sell for a profit, will bash Stern quality, they bash Stern for incomplete code, etc, etc, etc... but when it comes to WoZ there are no rules. You can flip them for nice profit... all good. They always have an excuse for the issues regarding WoZ. Incomplete code? ... gotta be a good excuse for that one. It goes on and on and on. If your a WoZ head you'll do anything!

WOW, another Hobbit update... It has 3 pop bumpers! Where do I send my money!

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Blondy...you're doing a splendid job!...as usual!

Quoted from Hitch9:

Agreed. I think it's one of the best posts on this whole thread.

Can we do a poll? Which is worse: kissing the mods a** or kissing Jack's?

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...or just BEING an ass....

sure, we can add that to the poll!

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Wait... are we lumping all mods into one poll question or separately? Cause I think I could totally beat all the guys on this one.

any pics? never hurts ask I hope...

#518 10 years ago

Do you have to be a CEO to know this stuff?

I guess I better leave now, I only make $8.49 an hour...

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am just one of those guys that understands the reality

Quoted from Whysnow:

I prefer to focus on the positive

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

How or why someone would give this any "thumbs up" is amazing.
I cant think of any context to "joke" or suggest any other forum member is a child molester.
Not funny in the least and I am amazed it was not nuked by a mod already.
If you want to swap jabs or barbs about the state of game delivery that's all good, but making a molester analogy becasue you don't like a certain poster or the message talked about is weak.

All you have to do is look at who actually gave the thumbs up and you'll understand...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.