(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#42 10 years ago

GAH! This is a TRIP. It almost seems like we are Wayne's victims, those of us who still wait for an ECLE. Really starting to feel like impending doom. Could be the IRS though

If I had room I would get a refund and go get one from a distributor. Or buy HUO. Must sell three pins right away...buy my pins!

#49 10 years ago

You mean and then represented to be LE and sold as LE? Wonder if there is some way to verify with JJP. Like call and ask about a specific #. Or will it not matter in the end, with LEs and Standards ending up priced exactly the same?

#59 10 years ago

Grrrrrrrrrrrr......had not considered that.

#79 10 years ago

Y'all are assuming a buyer would be as knowledgable as we are about the details. Down the road maybe years. It's just a hypothetical.

#80 10 years ago

See, I was thinking a moving topper like FT or something visually exciting like WH2O .

#515 10 years ago

Glad this is open. It is weird to wake up and find arbitrary closings. Wy would this thread have been locked? JJP himself is in this thread, giving out good information. It's open now, so anyways.

I can't believe an owner/CEO would threaten on a public forum. I am a CEO also and I find just shooting to work better than threatening.

The remaining question for me was brought up earlier, and the answer seems obvious unless I missed a rebuttal. If mt hood has someone buy all 10, and has to order more, are his prepaid customers being pushed back? It seems unavoidable, just a logistics thing. And if that's the case it sucks.

None of this will matter once everyone has their machine. But everyone knows that already.

edit:I see why it was locked now. The Danzig thing. Maybe it will get back on topic, but I see I just slept through the good part and woke up too late for the real discussion earlier.

#521 10 years ago

Yeah, dude. I just don't get it. It seems like puffery with a malicious lining - the kind of thing an attorney would whisper in your ear. We want to support a new pinball company, but not if they are going to legally pursue customers who are just talking on a forum.

I think of Pinside as my private backyard, my pinball house, the place I come to talk to friends about pinball. This makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that is NOT what Pinside is. You may be pursued, including legally in court for everything you have, for comments you are making on a pinball message board. Welcome mat deployed!

ps - what about drunken late night posting? poster beware I suppose, the lawyers with the black boots have arrived, and they are listening.

#530 10 years ago

Looks like it was locked for going off topic. I am interested in this thread and hope it stays open - as long as it stays on topic . The legal threats are crazy interesting, and the question of what happens to pre-orders when distributors can order and sell stock right now is really timely and newsworthy, to me anyway. Once all the LEs are delivered, it won't remain topical from that perspective anyway.

#560 10 years ago

I thought the thread was started to point out markmon picked up 2 WoZ the other day and for that to be discussed. Maybe that sounds naive, but that is how I read it. Lots of us have different positions on this, and, for me, I am interested and find it hard to wait knowing I could walk in and pick one up now. If I sell three pins I will do just that.

It is weird to see WoZ come and go, HUO, and NIB standards in showrooms, maybe some ECLE in showrooms, all while not having one myself. It's a part of the journey I did not foresee. It makes pre ordering seem less attractive, dare I say naive again ? If it holds it's value, what is there to lose by buying one now? If there was location pin anywhere near me this would so not be an issue xx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact?tu=rommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.