(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamdarras.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 10 years ago

And I was the first on to play it last night!!! Thanks Mark

#5 10 years ago

What a light show, but what the hell am i shooting for? The lights seem to change just to change.
I do really like the toto out lane and how you always get a chance to get you ball back in action. I think eventually it will be a very dope fun packed game, but its going to take more then a few updates to get it there. At least that's what I took away from it after about 8 or 9 games.

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

My name is Glenn and am the owner of Mount Hood Dist. the distributor in question. A little background. My parents started they're business in 1951. I run a 2nd generation business. Have been a Distributor for 24 years for various companys from the coin-op business. I've attended every trade show involved with the industry since 1988. Back in those days that was 2 a year whereever which means they were not always held in Vegas. I know almost everyone across the country involved in the coin-op business. Yes I've been in touch since day 1 and beyond when it was just a dream. When I preordered my WOZ I knew I was financing the start up of a new company. I also knew it was a dream to be actually producing inside of 2 years. I also think that the people who preordered knew this as a fact too. If not, they were kidding themselves. I run 600 machines on route. I move, clean, maintain by myself. I have one collection girl that does help in various ways besides just checking out the money. Thats it 600 machines of which 120 pins, 2 people. I have worked day and night in this industry for 40 years and theres no way that a newbie would be capable of that feat. Our company bought 14 new Twilights when released, 14 LOR's when released, 6 Circus Voltaires etc etc I think were into pins here. I have the first 10 Gottlieb flipper woodrails, along with 150 mechanicals. I rest my case as far as involvement in the industry.
Now lets talk about Stern for a bit. I have bought most every title that Gary Stern has ever built. I kept buying them trying to help him survive this economy as well myself. Lets face it, there were several flops during the hard times of the economy that he produced. There was even talk of them closing there doors more than once. It's hard to imagine that Jack has even pulled this off in one of the toughest economies, especially for this industry, I've ever seen and guess what folks were far from being out of the woods yet.
Have any of those here that are complaining about not having their pinball yet ever given the thought that maybe Jack might be doing you a favor by not sending you your pin till it's actually done? Can you imagine if he sent them all out, not finished, how many calls a day they would have to answer? There was a couple issues I had to handle before putting mine out and did need to call them once to bring me up to speed. Heres a perfect example. Arcade owner here in Oregon somehow got ahold of a prototype. Hes had problems with it to the point that it's sitting there unplugged. I don't really think he has the knowhow on pinballs as his expertise is video games. He has badmouthed it to the point that some of the operators in the area don't want to try them. Even though hes dealing with a prototype machine hes hurting something, a company called Jersey Jack the dumb---- doesn't realize that we need this company to survive. I very much understand the frustration that people think there getting passed by. In my personal opinion I think that JJP is doing all of you a favor by putting off the LEs going out. By working with the distributor/operator on a commercial level the problems in these machines are going to get solved way faster. Our input to the producing factories is second to none. We see and repair the problems way before home use because of the numbers of machines were running at once. Our insight and knowledge is very important to the factories. This is why JJP is trying to get some into the field of commercial play because the problems are going to show up if there are any.
The pinball WOZ.
It's been a long time since I uncrated a pinball and put a smile on my face. The quality of this pin compared to it's competitor is night and day. When I opened it up and slide the glass off, the first thing I went for was the ramps. Nice thick plastic ramps like a Williams, nice playfield underrails to set on the endrail so I can work on it. High quality stickers that come with felt pads for the legs. No more sticker wrinkles. All the assemblies look like Williams, same quality steel we've come to respect after all these years with the Stern pot metal junk. I could go on and on about the quality of these machines. I'm looking forward to many years of JJP"s on my route. This is a tough game to master. My all time favorite is Star Trek The Next Generation. This game somewhat reminds me of it in that the wide body toughness is defintely there. I'd love to tell you more of things that I've seen in this pin but I don't want to antagonize you guys waiting for yours. Trust me it will be worth the wait and from what I understand the LEs are still going out faster than the standards. It's a business thats very very tough to survive. Their decision to get some standards out there was purely a business survival move. Honestly do you really want your pinball before it's done? Theres been times in the past where I've passed on the first runs of equipment because problems showed up and waited till corrected. Some we passed on all together. Remember Stern Freefall they never work out of the box or when the distributor tried to fix it. This distributorship was the best at servicing what they sold. They wouldn't sell it to you if it didn't work or they would take it back if they couldn't fix it. That is Lieberman Music Company in Bloomington MN. THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE U.S. BAR NONE. My point being that without the distributors these companys will not survive. Theres been many that tried, 99% of them are gone.
To the gentlemen that started all this, shame on you. I didn't even sell them to you. You sent over your buddy to pick them up knowing that you had premeditated this whole mess. From what I understand you didn't or don't have an issue about the money, it's just the fact that you didn't get yours first. As well you didn't get all the facts. I wasn't somebody that just one day decided to be a JJP distributor. I've wanted to be a distributor for JJP long before it was even possible. By the way I had no idea that they were taking pictures in the warehouse when I was in my office. A little underhanded to send these guys over to do that I'd say. If your such a straight up guy why didn't you call me. I'm sure your buddies would have given you my number. I've noticed theres more people that understand how business works a lot better than others.
Everything stated in this blog is my personal opinion and what I believe to be the total truth. I'm also not afraid to state that I'm a God fearing man. No man should hold JJP accountable for anything I've written here.
One other thing I did have a heated discussion on the phone with this guy that started this crap and he was sure to let me know that he knew more about pinballs in his 3.5 of collecting than I did with my 40 years of operating/distributing. REALLY?????
YOUR PINBALLS ARE COMING FOLKS-----PATIENCE------WHEN YOU GET IT, IT'LL HAVE BEEN WORTH THE WAIT. THE 2 ON ROUTE HAVE HAD 1 SERVICE CALL IN 3 DAYS. THEY ARE CLOSER THAN EVERYONE THINKS. I COMMEND WHAT JACK HAS DONE. HIS FIRST PIN IS A HOME RUN.
I'M ALSO HOPING THAT JACK WILL POSSIBLY BUILD MY DESIGNS. I HAVE 3, ONE OF WHICH THAT EVERY TIME YOU HIT THE START BUTTON THE CONFIGURATION OF THE PLAYFIELD IS DIFFERENT. STAY TUNED TO JJP THEY'RE JUST GETTING STARTED.

My name is Kevin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamdarras.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact?tu=iamdarras and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.