(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JerseyJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No problem dude... I understand! Your a WoZ head through and through. I'm pretty sure it could get delivered to you in 2021 on fire and you would still love it... LOL, its all good. Your going to love it so no worries for you...

So much hate, so many false assumptions written as fact.

We learned for THLE - won't happen that way again.

We have no control over what distributors do with games after they get them. We have posted on the JJP group how many LE and WOZ we built and shipped so far. We had lots of visitors here in the last several days and they all see what is here and on the line - LE games - we had to honor early distributors wishes to get WOZ to their operator customers - thats what they said - because of the "Season" and we honored some, not all.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's easy to distinguish an LE from a standard. Aside from the powder coat the standard has a different apron, different topper which can't be purchased so it's not like someone can powder coat a standard, add a shaker and invisiglass and try to pass it off as an LE.

Every game has a dongle with programmed data including the serial number, born on date, LE or WOZ, Country and game number. Keith will be able to make that all active on screen with a prompt or in a display in test.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Its the standard line cutting, happens everyday. I personally wouldn't put up a dime for the hobbit, when I know I can get one right when they come out 3 years from now. The fact that Jack is allowing line jumping is poor business practice.

You will not be able to buy THLE unless there are pre-orders. I do understand that those people funded the company and made it all possible. This is why it is so painful to me to see some WOZ games for sale to non-operators. YES - I said that - I did not demand that distributors keep their word and sell the WOZ games to Ops but that's the primary reason that some of them were built.

I see LE games going now for $9,500 - $12,000 - private sale, eBay, whatever. Guess what - the game is not done yet.

On location they are kicking everything else's ass including the high end Metallica - that's why Gary Stern does not want our games next to his on location in Chicago - I know this because a number of operators there told me that.

They don't want us to get momentum and traction - they are still saying we have no game, we are shipping nothing, yadda, yadda, - so there are games on location....boo hoo.....

Nobody wants to get all of the LE games out of here more than me, really.
I miscalculated this whole thing in that I did not know that the hate/libel factor would be so high from ten people who have no horse in the race.

We have some big things coming in the next month or so and it aint smoke.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just put in a communication to Jack to see if this is really him...

It's me and thanks for the signed music box that's on my desk.....

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Some people are just losers who can't stand to see someone else succeed. Funny how their tune slowly changes as you produce more games LOL
Hoping #112 is in the August batch somewhere

"It's only Pinball" - so if you like beer and another pub opened in town I guess you would say the beer sucks.

Let me say what a thousand people have said to me - if we did not start JJP, many people at Stern Pinball would not have jobs there today. The games you are playing from Stern would not even exist. I helped Stern.....uh...we helped Stern stay in business from 2000-2007 when I was their biggest distributor in those years because of many of you loyal home customers - when Gary told me that nobody at home ever needed a pinball machine and that Internet crap would not amount to anything....

It was because of all of you that we were able to start JJP - That will never be forgotten. You built it and you can all pull it down too if you feed into a few haters who did not get aboard early, have patience and stick it out. This took much longer than any of us thought it would....sorry, we got here as fast as we could.

A year ago maybe we could have shipped a "game" it would not be what we wanted it to be. The Hobbit - it will be better for sure.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHOA! It's YOU!
Welcome!!

It's me....thanks!

Tired of the one-way street sign here

Pinball does not belong to the few haters - it belongs to all of us including the passionate lovers of Pinball crazy enough to start a whole friggin real live pinball manufacturing company from an idea.

I don't take a salary from JJP - I've spent 3+ years of my life working on this and I did not even need to ever do it.

I have not regretted one day of it. The people who visit us daily, the pictures and e mails, seeing people play the game on location, seeing the collection reports and repeat orders for the game...amazing.....we have an amazing product and we are at the beginning of the road.

I have distributors asking me daily if anyone cancels a ECLEWOZ - even at $7500 they will buy the game and pay me for it. They know if four months on eBay they will be $12,000+

The risk was a year ago, two years ago...when we had nothing and less than nothing - not when we are building 50 games a day!

Come on over - see what we are doing - the door is open!

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Why are you ripping on game I bought ? If you don't like a certain game being ripped on, then I must not like it either.
Why do you get a pass ?

I understand you bought a WOZ or ECLEWOZ McQ - correct - congrats!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Vyzer at the desk!

Love it - I think he is dreaming of how much fun it is to have a pinball company run your life....hmmmm

#121 10 years ago

Yes - today. Probably another next week or so. We will show the whole playfield by the end of August. "Jack saw it and he likes it" - others have seen it and they LOVE IT. Several customers visiting here yesterday saw it and the two that did not have THLE on order - ordered the game on the spot!

The development is going really well and ahead of where we were on WOZ.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Jack, Thank you for making WOZ. My son and I enjoy it very, very much. Buying NIB is out of my league, but I guarantee I will putting many dollars into it on location with the hopes that I can play The Hobbit in the future.
It's disappointing to see early supporters become disenchanted by the process, but I hope everyone with an LE coming eventually feels it was worth the wait. I am very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Thank YOU!

Not everyone can buy a game. But hopefully everyone can play it somewhere - soon -

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That -^ A huge portion of the work on WOZ was building the software foundation. HUGE.

Massive job that Keith undertook, Alex was involved more recently and Ted as well. Bless them all, massive job well done.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. That is an impressive level of spin!
Have you thought about going into politics?

I had a distributor just ask me to swap LE games in his queue for WOZ...part of the e mail he wrote me:

"I am getting really backed up on regulars too. New orders every day! I know other distributors are getting a few and offering them to my customers who have had deposits for a long time. I have 20 on order with you and am well oversold. Can you put me in for another xx and see about getting some to me on a regular basis? I am putting a full size ad in xxxxxxx. I know I will sell a ton of WOZ machines as the magazine goes to a huge audience."

These distributors had the opportunity to order both ECLEWOZ and WOZ

Our main focus is on ECLEWOZ right now.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yes, still working out the deals , I will let you know when the deal is made . I am not buying it direct from the factory.
It could take up to 3 years for the deal to come though. It will be worth the wait, for me at least.

3 years - sarcastic? Really?

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Am I the only one who thinks that mentioning the competition by name in this manner is not at all helpful to you?
How is this relevant to the issue raised in this thread?

I'm saying what I have been told. That has been written about publicly already, not by me. Many advertisers mention their competition. I love Stern and the people there. I want more pinball, not less.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I couldn't agree more with this. You have this amazing looking game that's built like a tank and outshines anything else like it in comparison...then you have this sad acrylic topper on it that looks out of place compared to everything else that is there.

We had one of our "Team" work for six months on a different idea for a Topper - after that time - he created nothing.....it will be in the book.....We are happy with what we have. After all, not much up top will compete with the LCD anyway.

I guess there is the aftermarket for someone to create something else.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Jack, thanks for jumping on. A lot of this crap fest will go away if you honestly and openly clarify Markmons original post. Did this distributor just order and receive those games or was that order put in years ago and shipped acording to his place in line.
As a late LE orderer (just missed the early bird price) I am seriously bummed that I could hop up to Portland and buy one off the shelf and save the shipping costs. I would still rather have my LE than a standard, (freaking awesome looking game) but this is for me a very spendy item, THE most expensive thing I've ever bought that isn't a house or car and my first NIB pin. (My family thinks I'm nuts and with the delays has been a very sore topic aroung the house for months)
Just looking for reassurance that there is no line cutting happening and a time frame for shipping the remaining LE's.
And even with the level of crap that been happening and said lately, I'm sure everyone on Pinside is happy you are in business making games, but when you have had a game paid for that you don't have for this long and someone who just played one on location without ever hearing about it before can go buy one that same day while we are still waiting is going to cause some hating, no way round it.

Back in February someone called me and asked if they would have their game for memorial day and I said "yes" then I got other calls and I said yes....May and June were long away and we should be shipping games in February....except...all the delays that we have documented that nobody could have even counted on.

Day one/day two distributors - ordered games. Lots of them....we have to get them something too. We wrote placeholder invoices in January 2011. We cannot go back in the system and change them. We had to write new invoices for them because they were unpaid. Many LE games remain unpaid as well from individuals and distributors. I wrote a post on the JJP Group the other day about this too.

We were told by these distributors that they "needed" WOZ not LE games because operators are putting them on location for the Season- OK - so we did as asked. Maybe they shifted their own LE customers or they are unsold waiting for Christmas....I don't know.

Trying to make everyone happy never works, we know. Many of those distributors have placed additional orders which will not get filled for six weeks at least as we focus on LE games now.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

All this talk of WoZ makes me want to buy one now......is this whole thread a carefully planned pump and dump marketing scheme to drive sales up?

I have no more LE's.....sorry

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

As CEO of a major company, I think it's odd to hide behind "I'm just saying what I have been told" (when referring to your previous comment "...a thousand people have said to me - if we did not start JJP, many people at Stern Pinball would not have jobs there today").
With all due respect, who cares what 1000 anonymous people have said to you? It just promotes and perpetuates the "hater, us vs. them" culture you apparently dislike. The community is much more interested in what YOU think...
The pinball community almost unanimously loves what JJP is doing! I know a lot of players/collectors and everyone is excited about your company - the team you've assembled is impressive on many levels. Nevertheless, hearing someone in your position continuing to indirectly pat yourself on the back about "saving Stern" (and the pinball industry) is distracting and (more importantly) off topic.
The topic at hand is when will LE customers get their game. I'm sure you can sympathize with markmon's post/concern. You said earlier you are building 50 games a day. If this is true, then 1000 machines can be manufactured in 20 work days. Since there are 20 work days in August, it seems like ALL LE's will be built in August. Even if you decide to build 250 standards, your still in fairly good shape. At 50 games a day, seems like you are in a great position to fulfill all the prepaid orders in 30-60 days max! Why not just focus on this upbeat news/facts and leave the rhetoric to others?

Steve - welcome back - We are working to 50 games a WEEK - not 50 a day - I wish.

apparently I'm not entitled to pass along what I have been told even by you via e mail.

Would you like me to post the e mail you sent me from 1/1/11 where you told me about your experience with Gary Stern or the one on 6/11/12 where you beg me to contact Stern to hel you get a new AC/DC playfield (I did not sell you the game) and I did help as Curly installed it for you......

Please allow me to post both here for the Group to see what you wrote me.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

This is some funny shit. Like watching Days of Our Lifes except I am actually amused.
All kidding aside. I am glad JJP is making games and helping keep pinball alive.

AMEN

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

In all of this the short version of the original post to me is: preordering doesn't get you the machine before the average joe because distributors pre-orders are also being filled. It's just as easy to wait and buy a machine when it's released and you don't have to part with money for 2-3 years.
I thought we beat this horse to death with Stern and all this pre-order nonsense as well? How many more times is the "don't bother pre ordering just wait and see how the game is" conversation going to explode like this?
Personally, I'd have filled individual preorders first because those people wanted to feel special having the game first. Now that it is clear they could have waited and bought the game today and had it immediately, they might not be so eager to provide funding for new titles in advance.

I agree and we are changing that with THLE order queue

#190 10 years ago

Mistake - per week - I wish it was a day - sorry

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

From your past actions, statements, heck... even the WOZ plaque (unless your referring to Zizzle), you sure have a funny way of showing it.
Oh... and welcome to "Wrongside".

I'm lost on this one but you have always been a huge JJP "supporter" too....sorry is sometimes my personal experience and being truthful is taken wrong. I do want to see more pinball, not less.

I said I was wrong before and I said I was sorry before too.

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm confused? My distributor just told my 6 to 8 more months?but other dist. who ordered additional will be getting them in 6 weeks??

Who? You can PM me if you don't want to say......

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Taking credit for Stern Pinball....
Threatening to release private emails of those who disagree... (hmmmm... you'd be once again breaking out the lawyer card if the tables were turned)...
Thank you once again for confirming your arrogance.

Not true - just asking someone to remember what they themselves wrote me.

Stern is responsible for what they do. Years ago a game designer there credited me with "saving them" at a trade show. I said I did nothing, that I was only as good as the games they built.

I don't believe the credit goes to me, others have told me that via e mail and in person. I understand that Gary Stern saved pinball. I once bought a hand signed picture of him holding a button that he was holding that says that.....I bought it at a charity event at expo - so I certainly would never claim even close....sorry for the confusion.....

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Jack you are fitting right in I see. Don't go down that road.
You have done an amazing thing for pinball that no-one has ever done in our lifetimes. You have created a pinball company from scratch! AND have a superior quality pin on the streets! Gary was handed down the company from relatives correct? An established company that Gary has continued to run. BTW Great Job Gary Stern is cranking out pins!!!.
Please continue the journey, do what you have to do to keep it going even if you need to upset some, transparency is good but it also can be bad.

Gary is a good friend and I still regard him as such. I do have immense respect for him, still.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

OH BOTHER! Is the Hobbit update out yet!

Yes

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

This is actually why in community relations we usually suggest CEOs do NOT participate in forums. It's very easy as a human to get emotional and say things that are inappropriate for a leader to say.
It's unfortunate that the whole JJP/Stern thing seems to have had a divisive effect on the community, but we look to our leaders as uniting forces, and not to feed the feelings of us vs. them.
I'm so tired of us vs. them on these forums. I don't know how you solve it, but it shouldn't BE us vs. them, and someone has to make a choice to stop that. To stop the water cooler gossip talk. I won't lie, I am shocked to see a veiled threat like this from one of our leaders. We're all humans at the end of the day, but leaders need to be professional and strategic at all times, with every word they type.
Can we all just cut it out?

I agree. That's what I said to start with, it's all pinball, it's all good. Competition is great for any industry. I'm happy there are 7 or so companies now making pinball. It's great for all of us.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That makes much more sense, but if you go back to your post in this thread, it said "we are building 50 games a day!". Here is the text cut/paste from your post on the 3rd page.
"The risk was a year ago, two years ago...when we had nothing and less than nothing - not when we are building 50 games a day!"
Sounds like a typo I guess...thanks for the clarification!

Thank you Steve.

I do appreciate the encouragement you gave me on 1/1/11 and in other e mails. I'm truly sorry that you did not get a ECLEWOZ - maybe we will reconnect at some point in the future. I know you do mean well.....

#249 10 years ago

I agree with you, point well taken

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Wow. That's petty. You trash "Wrongside", then roll up your sleeves and jump right into the fray. And yes, you are expected to be above threatening to air customer names and correspondence on public forums.
Should we really start talking about who said what in January of 2011, or even June of 2012? Things clearly change, right? Or should we go find some video of the dates you were talking about in, say, March of 2012 about WOZ production and games in July 2012?
.............or all of 2011, when you were making big plans for the March 2012 production start?
Those rocks are going to do a number on that Invisiglass House.

I agree - I did not coin that phrase, I believe Chris the MM did. I think Pinside is a wonderful place.

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Here is the issue. A year ago the talk was its close and now you say its that we had nothing and before that less than nothing.
People have something to talk about because you give it to them.

We are all a lot smarter now than a year ago. Hindsight is wonderful. Thanks

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Please Jack, we all know the game is awesome and greatly admire all you have accomplished, it truly is amazing, that said, we just want to know people (distributors) are not getting preferential treatment or "cuts" in line, and an accurate time frame for when the remaining paid LE's will be shipped.

A customer of ours is putting his ECLEWOZ on location as we speak -

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

To be fair, he just spoke the truth. At the time games were not shipping and it had taken 2+ years to even sorta get a game out. As Stern would I be worried? Not in the slightest. I don't currently own a stern or jjp game so I really have no dog in any fight here, just stating it how it is.
If you took what Gary said as an insult towards JJP etc then I would say contact JJP and tell him to get that show in gear over there. Just like any new company, there are going to be struggles, delays etc. They will be ironed out and things will get smoother

I agree with you - Stern is not worried

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll tell you about it when I see you next

Probably in Melrose Park.....

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Well this thread got quiet real quick. So now we have established Jack isn't filling 10 pin orders at the drop of a hat can we just get back to looking forward to an awesome finished code in Woz and a very interesting Hobbit machine! Time to stop the hate

AMEN to that

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Not really, they both either lied or unknowingly spread false information, and according to you one is a comic and one is a criminal. Other than that, Jack should have factual inside information and the other guy is just some dude on the internet.
JMO

Seems like a pretty libelous statement there

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

JMO = just my opinion. He is entitled to his opinion based on past actions, and is entitled to share an opinion without the vague threat of malicious prosecution. The delays he is clearly referencing did, in fact, occur despite your repeated assurances at production schedules and target dates that were not met. You don't like the language used, surely, but he has a right to his opinion and a well documented timeline to base it upon.

Reads like a statement of fact, not opinion

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Salesmen and route operators are know for their integrity. Thank you for clearing things up!

What are YOU known for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JerseyJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact?tu=JerseyJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.