(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I want to know what Markmon traded the 2nd WOZ for...

I'll tell you about it when I see you next

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I want to know what Markmon traded the 2nd WOZ for...

or ask him what he did with the 3rd one ; )

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

If you purchased this machine with any timeframe on getting your product by a certain date blame yourself for poor decision making. I and most early purchasers did so before any estimates were even given.

Seriously? Yes I was a early pre-order & was given an estimated ship date. I doubt I'm the only one too.

Quoted from jamespin:

Jacks only error in promise is shipping a pin without complete code.

I am glad he put out a quality machine but if you think thats the only mistake that was made its a waste of time debating it with you. I'll most likely buy a Hobbit pin when its complete & ready to ship. The 1 year plus pre-order system has too many flaws.

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This thread is pretty funny:
Hate!
(jack shows up)
LOVE JJP!!!!!
(almost feels like the jjp google group)
(jack leaves)
Testing the hate waters again

That's when people's character gets put to the test. Some fail.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

IMO, One company has not chosen wisely. Unofficially.

It is one thing to come here and offer tech support or even make basic announcements. That is great. To get down in public and hurl mud at detractors and the competition is extremely unprofessional. Turning the other cheek when attacked and taking the high road as "one company" has always done here and in RGP is a big part of why I have a lot more respect for that one company than the other. Hurling mud just makes things worse and if anything brings out even more bad blood than just letting things be as they will be. This thread alone proves there are plenty of smart people here to balance things out and defend untrue accusations without people from the actual companies having lower themselves to chime in at all.

By the way, the WOZ NIB for sale last weekend at GameWarp in Orlando (mentioned earlier in this thread) was part of a day one order made by Curly at Little Shop of Games. Aggravating on the surface to pre-order holders, but no shenanigans were involved...

#306 10 years ago

The only thing I remember from Calcuseless:

D_e_to_the_x.JPGD_e_to_the_x.JPG

#307 10 years ago

I wish I had the popcorn concession stand rights on this thread......

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

So which is it? Which version can you actually prove to the level that would satisfy a judge? Remember, your post has already had a monetary impact on JJP based on those posting in this thread, and is thus libellous if untrue or even unprovable. Merely saying someone told you something does not absolve you of responsibility for the truthfulness of the statement.
Should people be crucifying Jack... or apologizing?

Posting here must now reach the same level of proof as a court case?

Just out of curiosity, have you required the same burden of proof on "promises" Jack made in the past? Or is that different? Does those get the old "aw shucks, his hearts in the right place and he's saving pinball for chrissakes- dont judge him" treatment?

And, regarding all the folks wanting to take credit for "saving pinball" - lets not leave out the Hobbyists & Distributors who have shelled out $5K, $6K, $7K for these machines.... (some paying YEARS in advance).

If there was not the DEMAND, there's be no pinball.... it aint just SUPPLY.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seriously? Yes I was a early pre-order & was given an estimated ship date. I doubt I'm the only one too.

I am glad he put out a quality machine but if you think thats the only mistake that was made its a waste of time debating it with you. I'll most likely buy a Hobbit pin when its complete & ready to ship. The 1 year plus pre-order system has too many flaws.

Never said mistakes weren't made making a company and an eventual great pin. Jack would admit he would do things differently I am sure on many fronts if asked. If you were a pre-order no timeframe was ever promised to you. If so, I would like to see it and then stand humbly corrected but until then its just more of the same.

#310 10 years ago

It's real simple........Games are being sold as fast as they hit the market. Jack needs money to continue to run, so what is he to do???.................Build a game for a customer who he already has their money or take in another $60K from a new customer who will selling to people who would otherwise bought from pre-order people. The market will get saturated on this game very fast. I am waiting to pick one up in 2014 for $6200-$6500. Great game (except for theme) and great company....................I want Jack to survive and I hope he does whatever it takes, even if it requires some shady tactics on who gets what when.

#311 10 years ago

Congrats Markmon. Glad you got one... Just not glad you got yours before me since you dropped your preorder and resigned back up.
If I share this info with the better half we will be off of the WOZ list also.

This is literally an online soap opera.

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It's real simple........Games are being sold as fast as they hit the market. Jack needs money to continue to run, so what is he to do???.................Build a game for a customer who he already has their money or take in another $60K from a new customer who will selling to people who would otherwise bought from pre-order people. The market will get saturated on this game very fast. I am waiting to pick one up in 2014 for $6200-$6500. Great game (except for theme) and great company....................I want Jack to survive and I hope he does whatever it takes, even if it requires some shady tactics on who gets what when.

We shall see if we get saturation, it really depends on how well people like the game.
There are still NIB Avengers and XMEN out there but AC/DC LE and Tron LE
Are long gone. If the game ends up being great I don't think there will be saturation JMHO
Remember there are something like 20,000 Adams family out there.... where are they?

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

If you were a pre-order no timeframe was ever promised to you. If so, I would like to see it and then stand humbly corrected but until then its just more of the same.

I pre-ordered late in the game, Jack directed me to Jen who told me at the time of purchase that they would ship last August, November at the latest.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

We shall see if we get saturation, it really depends on how well people like the game.
There are still NIB Avengers and XMEN out there but AC/DC LE and TRON LE
Are long gone. If the game ends up being great I don't think there will be saturation JMHO
Remember there are something like 20,000 Adams family out there.... where are they?

The addams are all 20 years old and heavily routed. So where are they? Thrashed and destroyed.

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Posting here must now reach the same level of proof as a court case?

Just out of curiosity, have you required the same burden of proof on "promises" Jack made in the past? Or is that different? Does those get the old "aw shucks, his hearts in the right place and he's saving pinball for chrissakes- dont judge him" treatment?

You don't see the difference between Jack giving estimates of when games will ship and - yes - being repeatedly and almost comically wrong about it... and someone publically relaying damaging rumors about a third party where the only evidence is what some anonymous source told them?

One case is someone discussing a matter he has knowledge of about a company he owns, where the consequences to being wrong only hurt himself, his business, and no one else.

The other case is someone with no first-hand knowledge spreading information based on false or incomplete data either innocently or willfully, where the consequences to being wrong have no effect on him personally, but instead monetarily damage a third party.

Like I said earlier, just because someone told you something doesn't absolve you of responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of information that you choose to present. By relaying it in a public setting in such a way that others might act upon it, you are taking personal ownership and vouching for what you are saying - regardless of any excuses you might make to disavow all responsibility.

If you don't want to own what you're saying, then the solution is simple: don't say it. Wait for the person who told YOU to put their head on the chopping block, and if they're not going to do it... then maybe there's a good reason for that.

Now, Markmon has already removed some of the more combustible paragraphs from his original message and added clarification, and I commend him for that. However, this should never have been made public in the first place without first checking to see if it was true (which would involve either getting some real proof, publishing the name of a source who will stand behind the information, or at least asking for a response from the other involved party). This thread is a good example of why spreading damaging rumors about a third party should not be tolerated, and demanding verifiable proof of what someone is claiming should similarly not be seen as an unreasonable request - even if you personally would have liked the rumor to be true.

#316 10 years ago

My name is Glenn and am the owner of Mount Hood Dist. the distributor in question. A little background. My parents started their business in 1951. I run a 2nd generation business. Have been a Distributor for 24 years for various companys from the coin-op business. I've attended every trade show involved with the industry since 1988. Back in those days that was 2 a year whereever which means they were not always held in Vegas. I know almost everyone across the country involved in the coin-op business. Yes I've been in touch since day 1 and beyond when it was just a dream. When I preordered my WOZ I knew I was financing the start up of a new company. I also knew it was a dream to be actually producing inside of 2 years. I also think that the people who preordered knew this as a fact too. If not, they were kidding themselves. I run 600 machines on route. I move, clean, maintain by myself. I have one collection girl that does help in various ways besides just checking out the money. Thats it 600 machines of which 120 pins, 2 people. I have worked day and night in this industry for 40 years and theres no way that a newbie would be capable of that feat. Our company bought 14 new Twilights when released, 14 LOR's when released, 6 Circus Voltaires etc etc I think were into pins here. I have the first 10 Gottlieb flipper woodrails, along with 150 mechanicals. I rest my case as far as involvement in the industry.

Now lets talk about Stern for a bit. I have bought most every title that Gary Stern has ever built. I kept buying them trying to help him survive this economy as well myself. Lets face it, there were several flops during the hard times of the economy that he produced. There was even talk of them closing there doors more than once. It's hard to imagine that Jack has even pulled this off in one of the toughest economies, especially for this industry, I've ever seen and guess what folks were far from being out of the woods yet.

Have any of those here that are complaining about not having their pinball yet ever given the thought that maybe Jack might be doing you a favor by not sending you your pin till it's actually done? Can you imagine if he sent them all out, not finished, how many calls a day they would have to answer? There was a couple issues I had to handle before putting mine out and did need to call them once to bring me up to speed. Heres a perfect example. Arcade owner here in Oregon somehow got ahold of a prototype. Hes had problems with it to the point that it's sitting there unplugged. I don't really think he has the knowhow on pinballs as his expertise is video games. He has badmouthed it to the point that some of the operators in the area don't want to try them. Even though hes dealing with a prototype machine hes hurting something, a company called Jersey Jack the dumb---- doesn't realize that we need this company to survive. I very much understand the frustration that people think there getting passed by. In my personal opinion I think that JJP is doing all of you a favor by putting off the LEs going out. By working with the distributor/operator on a commercial level the problems in these machines are going to get solved way faster. Our input to the producing factories is second to none. We see and repair the problems way before home use because of the numbers of machines were running at once. Our insight and knowledge is very important to the factories. This is why JJP is trying to get some into the field of commercial play because the problems are going to show up if there are any.

The pinball WOZ.
It's been a long time since I uncrated a pinball and put a smile on my face. The quality of this pin compared to it's competitor is night and day. When I opened it up and slide the glass off, the first thing I went for was the ramps. Nice thick plastic ramps like a Williams, nice playfield underrails to set on the endrail so I can work on it. High quality stickers that come with felt pads for the legs. No more sticker wrinkles. All the assemblies look like Williams, same quality steel we've come to respect after all these years with the Stern pot metal junk. I could go on and on about the quality of these machines. I'm looking forward to many years of JJP"s on my route. This is a tough game to master. My all time favorite is Star Trek the Next Generation. This game somewhat reminds me of it in that the wide body toughness is defintely there. I'd love to tell you more of things that I've seen in this pin but I don't want to antagonize you guys waiting for yours. Trust me it will be worth the wait and from what I understand the LEs are still going out faster than the standards. It's a business thats very very tough to survive. Their decision to get some standards out there was purely a business survival move. Honestly do you really want your pinball before it's done? Theres been times in the past where I've passed on the first runs of equipment because problems showed up and waited till corrected. Some we passed on all together. Remember Stern Freefall they never work out of the box or when the distributor tried to fix it. This distributorship was the best at servicing what they sold. They wouldn't sell it to you if it didn't work or they would take it back if they couldn't fix it. That is Lieberman Music Company in Bloomington MN. THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE U.S. BAR NONE. My point being that without the distributors these companys will not survive. Theres been many that tried, 99% of them are gone.

To the gentlemen that started all this, shame on you. I didn't even sell them to you. You sent over your buddy to pick them up knowing that you had premeditated this whole mess. From what I understand you didn't or don't have an issue about the money, it's just the fact that you didn't get yours first. As well you didn't get all the facts. I wasn't somebody that just one day decided to be a JJP distributor. I've wanted to be a distributor for JJP long before it was even possible. By the way I had no idea that they were taking pictures in the warehouse when I was in my office. A little underhanded to send these guys over to do that I'd say. If your such a straight up guy why didn't you call me. I'm sure your buddies would have given you my number. I've noticed theres more people that understand how business works a lot better than others.

Everything stated in this blog is my personal opinion and what I believe to be the total truth. I'm also not afraid to state that I'm a God fearing man. No man should hold JJP accountable for anything I've written here.

One other thing I did have a heated discussion on the phone with this guy that started this crap and he was sure to let me know that he knew more about pinballs in his 3.5 of collecting than I did with my 40 years of operating/distributing. REALLY?????

YOUR PINBALLS ARE COMING FOLKS-----PATIENCE------WHEN YOU GET IT, IT'LL HAVE BEEN WORTH THE WAIT. THE 2 ON ROUTE HAVE HAD 1 SERVICE CALL IN 3 DAYS. THEY ARE CLOSER THAN EVERYONE THINKS. I COMMEND WHAT JACK HAS DONE. HIS FIRST PIN IS A HOME RUN.

I'M ALSO HOPING THAT JACK WILL POSSIBLY BUILD MY DESIGNS. I HAVE 3, ONE OF WHICH THAT EVERY TIME YOU HIT THE START BUTTON THE CONFIGURATION OF THE PLAYFIELD IS DIFFERENT. STAY TUNED TO JJP THEY'RE JUST GETTING STARTED.

#318 10 years ago

This thread has jumped the shark. Butt kiss, for shame, butt kiss, bash Stern, hit up Jack for a job.

YAHTZEE!!!!

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

My name is Glenn and am the owner of Mount Hood Dist. the distributor in question. A little background. My parents started they're business in 1951. I run a 2nd generation business. Have been a Distributor for 24 years for various companys from the coin-op business. I've attended every trade show involved with the industry since 1988. Back in those days that was 2 a year whereever which means they were not always held in Vegas. I know almost everyone across the country involved in the coin-op business. Yes I've been in touch since day 1 and beyond when it was just a dream. When I preordered my WOZ I knew I was financing the start up of a new company. I also knew it was a dream to be actually producing inside of 2 years. I also think that the people who preordered knew this as a fact too. If not, they were kidding themselves. I run 600 machines on route. I move, clean, maintain by myself. I have one collection girl that does help in various ways besides just checking out the money. Thats it 600 machines of which 120 pins, 2 people. I have worked day and night in this industry for 40 years and theres no way that a newbie would be capable of that feat. Our company bought 14 new Twilights when released, 14 LOR's when released, 6 Circus Voltaires etc etc I think were into pins here. I have the first 10 Gottlieb flipper woodrails, along with 150 mechanicals. I rest my case as far as involvement in the industry.
Now lets talk about Stern for a bit. I have bought most every title that Gary Stern has ever built. I kept buying them trying to help him survive this economy as well myself. Lets face it, there were several flops during the hard times of the economy that he produced. There was even talk of them closing there doors more than once. It's hard to imagine that Jack has even pulled this off in one of the toughest economies, especially for this industry, I've ever seen and guess what folks were far from being out of the woods yet.
Have any of those here that are complaining about not having their pinball yet ever given the thought that maybe Jack might be doing you a favor by not sending you your pin till it's actually done? Can you imagine if he sent them all out, not finished, how many calls a day they would have to answer? There was a couple issues I had to handle before putting mine out and did need to call them once to bring me up to speed. Heres a perfect example. Arcade owner here in Oregon somehow got ahold of a prototype. Hes had problems with it to the point that it's sitting there unplugged. I don't really think he has the knowhow on pinballs as his expertise is video games. He has badmouthed it to the point that some of the operators in the area don't want to try them. Even though hes dealing with a prototype machine hes hurting something, a company called Jersey Jack the dumb---- doesn't realize that we need this company to survive. I very much understand the frustration that people think there getting passed by. In my personal opinion I think that JJP is doing all of you a favor by putting off the LEs going out. By working with the distributor/operator on a commercial level the problems in these machines are going to get solved way faster. Our input to the producing factories is second to none. We see and repair the problems way before home use because of the numbers of machines were running at once. Our insight and knowledge is very important to the factories. This is why JJP is trying to get some into the field of commercial play because the problems are going to show up if there are any.
The pinball WOZ.
It's been a long time since I uncrated a pinball and put a smile on my face. The quality of this pin compared to it's competitor is night and day. When I opened it up and slide the glass off, the first thing I went for was the ramps. Nice thick plastic ramps like a Williams, nice playfield underrails to set on the endrail so I can work on it. High quality stickers that come with felt pads for the legs. No more sticker wrinkles. All the assemblies look like Williams, same quality steel we've come to respect after all these years with the Stern pot metal junk. I could go on and on about the quality of these machines. I'm looking forward to many years of JJP"s on my route. This is a tough game to master. My all time favorite is Star Trek The Next Generation. This game somewhat reminds me of it in that the wide body toughness is defintely there. I'd love to tell you more of things that I've seen in this pin but I don't want to antagonize you guys waiting for yours. Trust me it will be worth the wait and from what I understand the LEs are still going out faster than the standards. It's a business thats very very tough to survive. Their decision to get some standards out there was purely a business survival move. Honestly do you really want your pinball before it's done? Theres been times in the past where I've passed on the first runs of equipment because problems showed up and waited till corrected. Some we passed on all together. Remember Stern Freefall they never work out of the box or when the distributor tried to fix it. This distributorship was the best at servicing what they sold. They wouldn't sell it to you if it didn't work or they would take it back if they couldn't fix it. That is Lieberman Music Company in Bloomington MN. THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE U.S. BAR NONE. My point being that without the distributors these companys will not survive. Theres been many that tried, 99% of them are gone.
To the gentlemen that started all this, shame on you. I didn't even sell them to you. You sent over your buddy to pick them up knowing that you had premeditated this whole mess. From what I understand you didn't or don't have an issue about the money, it's just the fact that you didn't get yours first. As well you didn't get all the facts. I wasn't somebody that just one day decided to be a JJP distributor. I've wanted to be a distributor for JJP long before it was even possible. By the way I had no idea that they were taking pictures in the warehouse when I was in my office. A little underhanded to send these guys over to do that I'd say. If your such a straight up guy why didn't you call me. I'm sure your buddies would have given you my number. I've noticed theres more people that understand how business works a lot better than others.
Everything stated in this blog is my personal opinion and what I believe to be the total truth. I'm also not afraid to state that I'm a God fearing man. No man should hold JJP accountable for anything I've written here.
One other thing I did have a heated discussion on the phone with this guy that started this crap and he was sure to let me know that he knew more about pinballs in his 3.5 of collecting than I did with my 40 years of operating/distributing. REALLY?????
YOUR PINBALLS ARE COMING FOLKS-----PATIENCE------WHEN YOU GET IT, IT'LL HAVE BEEN WORTH THE WAIT. THE 2 ON ROUTE HAVE HAD 1 SERVICE CALL IN 3 DAYS. THEY ARE CLOSER THAN EVERYONE THINKS. I COMMEND WHAT JACK HAS DONE. HIS FIRST PIN IS A HOME RUN.
I'M ALSO HOPING THAT JACK WILL POSSIBLY BUILD MY DESIGNS. I HAVE 3, ONE OF WHICH THAT EVERY TIME YOU HIT THE START BUTTON THE CONFIGURATION OF THE PLAYFIELD IS DIFFERENT. STAY TUNED TO JJP THEY'RE JUST GETTING STARTED.

Thanks Glenn.

Its a shame yourself and Jack got pulled into this bullshit soap opera.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

My name is Glenn and am the owner of Mount Hood Dist. the distributor in question. A little background. My parents started they're business in 1951. I run a 2nd generation business. Have been a Distributor for 24 years for various companys from the coin-op business. I've attended every trade show involved with the industry since 1988. Back in those days that was 2 a year whereever which means they were not always held in Vegas. I know almost everyone across the country involved in the coin-op business. Yes I've been in touch since day 1 and beyond when it was just a dream. When I preordered my WOZ I knew I was financing the start up of a new company. I also knew it was a dream to be actually producing inside of 2 years. I also think that the people who preordered knew this as a fact too. If not, they were kidding themselves. I run 600 machines on route. I move, clean, maintain by myself. I have one collection girl that does help in various ways besides just checking out the money. Thats it 600 machines of which 120 pins, 2 people. I have worked day and night in this industry for 40 years and theres no way that a newbie would be capable of that feat. Our company bought 14 new Twilights when released, 14 LOR's when released, 6 Circus Voltaires etc etc I think were into pins here. I have the first 10 Gottlieb flipper woodrails, along with 150 mechanicals. I rest my case as far as involvement in the industry.
The pinball WOZ.
It's been a long time since I uncrated a pinball and put a smile on my face. The quality of this pin compared to it's competitor is night and day. When I opened it up and slide the glass off, the first thing I went for was the ramps. Nice thick plastic ramps like a Williams, nice playfield underrails to set on the endrail so I can work on it. High quality stickers that come with felt pads for the legs. No more sticker wrinkles. All the assemblies look like Williams, same quality steel we've come to respect after all these years with the Stern pot metal junk. I could go on and on about the quality of these machines. I'm looking forward to many years of JJP"s on my route. This is a tough game to master. My all time favorite is Star Trek The Next Generation. This game somewhat reminds me of it in that the wide body toughness is defintely there. I'd love to tell you more of things that I've seen in this pin but I don't want to antagonize you guys waiting for yours. Trust me it will be worth the wait and from what I understand the LEs are still going out faster than the standards. It's a business thats very very tough to survive. Their decision to get some standards out there was purely a business survival move. Honestly do you really want your pinball before it's done? Theres been times in the past where I've passed on the first runs of equipment because problems showed up and waited till corrected. Some we passed on all together. Remember Stern Freefall they never work out of the box or when the distributor tried to fix it. This distributorship was the best at servicing what they sold. They wouldn't sell it to you if it didn't work or they would take it back if they couldn't fix it. That is Lieberman Music Company in Bloomington MN. THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE U.S. BAR NONE. My point being that without the distributors these companys will not survive. Theres been many that tried, 99% of them are gone.

Woah.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

My name is Glenn and am the owner of Mount Hood Dist.

WOW. Bombshell.

#322 10 years ago

Is it too late for popcorn?

#323 10 years ago

WOW, indeed... this speaks volumes

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The only thing I remember from Calcuseless:

Except you don't need the carets when the exponents are already superscripted!

#325 10 years ago

I notice that I'm the only one in this thread to have quoted the unedited original post, if newcomers needed some context.

I suspect people reading this response and then going back to the first post are going to be very confused otherwise.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

The pinball WOZ.

Apology letter?

Things we learned:

Stern is junk, JJP is good like Williams, better metal.

A proto WOZ that does not work (on route) gets complaints....why route it in the 1st place ?

You are being done a favor to wait....

Why get mad at the person that started the thread? He got a game earlier than waiting longer.
JJP got paid and he shipped games to distributors. Distributor sells some games then gets mad ( or butt chewed) after doing the same thing JJP did, accept payment and delivered NIB games to lucky buyer.

Congrats on taking a shot at Stern in the process.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

I didn't even sell them to you. You sent over your buddy to pick them up knowing that you had premeditated this whole mess. ...By the way I had no idea that they were taking pictures in the warehouse when I was in my office. A little underhanded to send these guys over to do that I'd say.

So I was right calling shenannagins, but perhaps my aim was a bit off, or too narrow?
I do have a dog in the race being a LE buyer who is still waiting, so I'll chime in that you sir, are correct in what you say that Jack is doing the impossible as best he can under crazy conditions with his supporters (and others) bashing him.

That said, you must understand people getting riled when several ship dates have been pushed back and we are still waiting, while anyone can play a WOZ on location, say "hey thats pretty cool" and go buy one that same day. I'm sure we will all be good once they are shipped and code is done, but for now that just stings.

Not throwing fuel on the stupid fire, just explaining my viewpoint.

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

The pinball WOZ.

Thanks Glenn, for writing this one candid post which I truly enjoyed reading, but I think you just blew your chances of ever gettin elected the mayor of Pinside. Calling a spade a spade is immensely satisfying though, isn't it? BTW, I think your "EVERY TIME YOU HIT THE START BUTTON THE CONFIGURATION OF THE PLAYFIELD IS DIFFERENT" idea is just hilliriouss. Your not gunnin for Joe Balcer's job now, are you, lol.

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

I COMMEND WHAT JACK HAS DONE. HIS FIRST PIN IS A HOME RUN.

I started reading that novella thinking, "Hmm...this guy's gonna really give us the view of the old time distributor" (and give us all pause). And for a moment, it did...

Then the train jumped the tracks.

I'm surprised he didn't attach an image of his resume to the thread.

Bottom line: Folks who paid for something quite some time ago are restless and occasionally feel the need to vent a bit. Better that than letting it fester causing some sort of fatal hemorrhage. So you might say that Pinside has saved lives. Bravo, Pinside! Bravo.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I started reading that novella thinking, "Hmm...this guy's gonna really give us the view of the old time distributor" (and give us all pause). And for a moment, it did...
Then the train jumped the tracks.
I'm surprised he didn't attach an image of his resume to the thread.
Bottom line: Folks who paid for something quite some time ago are restless and occasionally feel the need to vent a bit. Better that than letting it fester causing some sort of fatal hemorrhage. So you might say that Pinside has saved lives. Bravo, Pinside! Bravo.

The train didn't jump the tracks, you missed it.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

The train didn't jump the tracks, you missed it.

Well, we can trust you to be objective.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-jack-guarnieri

#332 10 years ago

Or a person that is telling everyone else its a good thing to wait.....
(While that person received games, and then sold them)

#333 10 years ago

Age before beauty.

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Age before beauty.

A stitch in time saves nine.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Congrats Markmon. Glad you got one... Just not glad you got yours before me since you dropped your preorder and resigned back up.
If I share this info with the better half we will be off of the WOZ list also.
This is literally an online soap opera.

You're welcome to come play it

#336 10 years ago

I might take you up on that. Thanks for the offer. Your light modifications look fantastic by the way.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Your light modifications look fantastic by the way

+1! When you get the info to PBB I'm in for a kit, looks 100% better. Was up in PDX today and almost looked you up but was on a mission. Next time.

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

To the gentlemen that started all this, shame on you. I didn't even sell them to you. You sent over your buddy to pick them up knowing that you had premeditated this whole mess. From what I understand you didn't or don't have an issue about the money, it's just the fact that you didn't get yours first. As well you didn't get all the facts. I wasn't somebody that just one day decided to be a JJP distributor. I've wanted to be a distributor for JJP long before it was even possible. By the way I had no idea that they were taking pictures in the warehouse when I was in my office. A little underhanded to send these guys over to do that I'd say. If your such a straight up guy why didn't you call me. I'm sure your buddies would have given you my number.

So, I did not send my buddy out to pick up a game knowing anything. I don't know you. How would I even know that these WoZ exist in town in order to "send my buddy"? The person that sent me those pictures acted alone. He was there because he knows you. I guess that makes him *your* buddy. So, *your* buddy snapped some pictures and sent them to me as proof that these machines were there. How did *your* buddy know to even come there? Because *you* called him and invited him over.

Being that you didn't advertise these, how would I know to call you up and buy one? You were the one that blabbed to these people and let them know you called up and ordered them. You know who these people are. You know what they told me.

And what does it change whether or not I drove there myself to pick up a couple woz machines vs someone else drove there, picked them up, and brought to me? It's just a simple detail that is irrelevant like saying that I put my socks on that morning - irrelevant.

Quoted from 2NDGEN:

I absolutely did not tell you that I know more than you in my 3.5 years of collecting than you do in 40 years. That's not at all what I told you. You tried to make some ridiculous claim that by having games on route before they are in the hands of collectors, it would find the games bugs faster, and improve the product. I told you that's not at all true because collectors pay close attention to every detail, every rule, and know the game inside and out from a game-play perspective much more than most route operators. Route operators tend to spend their time setting the game up and keeping it running. Not playing it. I pointed out that collectors take every software update, the day it comes out and test it thoroughly where route operators tend to just stick games out on route and leave them be, unupdated.

The best part of this was when I then used an example of a poorly maintained AC/DC Premium out on route that is still running 8 month old software where there is no VIP pass, no color changing inserts implemented, etc. Low and behold, that turned out to be *your* machine and I had no idea when I cited it as an example.

Quoted from 2NDGEN:

If your such a straight up guy why didn't you call me. I'm sure your buddies would have given you my number.

And finally, once more on this. After the fact, I did get your number, and I did call you this morning. I had only one purpose to call you. To apologize if I negatively impacted your business and offer to help to smooth things over. I needed nothing from you and had nothing to gain to offer to help or to call you. I simply wanted to help. See, I never publicized you or anything about you. Sounds like JJP released that information on their forum. Anyway, so I called you. Unfortunately, you were extremely rude on that phone call. A guy calling you asking for nothing but how he can help you, and you're a jerk. Really? Even so, I still left off the conversation saying to let me know if there's anything I can do to help you here.

Finally, you were complaining that "because of my post" you are flooded with phone calls of people wanting to order products. Wow, what a horrible mess that must be for a distributor to all the sudden become known and have people trying to do business with him.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

See, I never publicized you or anything about you. Sounds like JJP released that information on their forum.

Jack never revealed who you were talking about... but you did, over a week ago:

Quoted from markmon:

Hey guys. To be totally fair, I still have not received proof of these 10 games being shipped or ordered. The person may be lying. Since I hate lies, I'll just post it here. The distributor's name is Mt Hood Vending. I just offered $100 for proof he just ordered and received 10 regular edition games. If I don't get any proof ill assume he was lying and update the thread. But if I do get proof, this is really going to blow up.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Jack never revealed who you were talking about... but you did, over a week ago:

Thank you. I actually forgot about that. But even so, if the vendor did nothing wrong, and I never said he did, then why does he feel the need to come here and write his life story to defend himself? A distributor's job is to order games and sell them to the public. So a distributor ordered some games and sold them - doing his job. Why is he the one defending himself? The only question in this thread was always to JJP.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

You don't see the difference between Jack giving estimates of when games will ship and - yes - being repeatedly and almost comically wrong about it... and someone publically relaying damaging rumors about a third party where the only evidence is what some anonymous source told them?

Not really, they both either lied or unknowingly spread false information, and according to you one is a comic and one is a criminal. Other than that, Jack should have factual inside information and the other guy is just some dude on the internet.

JMO

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from 2NDGEN:

The pinball WOZ.

My name is Kevin

#343 10 years ago

Well this thread got quiet real quick. So now we have established Jack isn't filling 10 pin orders at the drop of a hat can we just get back to looking forward to an awesome finished code in Woz and a very interesting Hobbit machine! Time to stop the hate

#344 10 years ago

I've killed more threads than I can count. People just dont like me.

#345 10 years ago

I expected nothing less than Markmon to be driving this cruise ship. And look at all the passengers...

I have probably discussed WOZ less than 5 times since its concept. I had even posted on RGP ''what if it is just another Vacation America, because honestly look at how that thing turned out. Jack replied immediately, promising it wouldn't be and he delivered that.

Wizard of Oz IS an incredible pinball machine. I knew the first few times I played it, and this was with the minimal code. Only the rules are holding it back right now, but they have been getting leaps and bounds better. It's exciting to see the new details and features emerge.
Besides that, much has been said with the delays/frustrations, l need not weigh in on those.

It's a good time to be a pinball player. An even better time if you're a patient one.

#346 10 years ago

markmon>> it may be a good idea to take a break from the CPU and step back and reflect before typing anything else.

I know I have been there before.

Just remember, it is only pinball and there is no need for all this, especially since it does not even have a silver lining. You stirred up a shitnado with half-assed information and now everyone is covered in brown mess and smelly.

Just walk away for a bit.

You are a true pinhead and obviously want all pinball to grow...

#347 10 years ago

I am still wondering why everyone is mad at Markmon. I just don't see what he did here to get people lashing out at him. Is it because he posted that he bought a Standard WOZ? Is it the way he presented the information? I am just a little tired and confused I guess. Can someone please explain?

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll tell you about it when I see you next

Probably in Melrose Park.....

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Well this thread got quiet real quick. So now we have established Jack isn't filling 10 pin orders at the drop of a hat can we just get back to looking forward to an awesome finished code in Woz and a very interesting Hobbit machine! Time to stop the hate

AMEN to that

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Not really, they both either lied or unknowingly spread false information, and according to you one is a comic and one is a criminal. Other than that, Jack should have factual inside information and the other guy is just some dude on the internet.
JMO

Seems like a pretty libelous statement there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.