(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

It's me and thanks for the signed music box that's on my desk.....

WHOA! It's YOU!
Welcome!!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

MoPLE is great but has its own issues that we are hoping will get worked out.

The "big toy" STILL doesn't work correctly, even with patched software. Issues indeed. I can't even imagine what losers like you would be screaming if WOZ's main toy failed on every shipped game?

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHOA! It's YOU!

Proof of life .

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Some people are just losers who can't stand to see someone else succeed. Funny how their tune slowly changes as you produce more games LOL
Hoping #112 is in the August batch somewhere

"It's only Pinball" - so if you like beer and another pub opened in town I guess you would say the beer sucks.

Let me say what a thousand people have said to me - if we did not start JJP, many people at Stern Pinball would not have jobs there today. The games you are playing from Stern would not even exist. I helped Stern.....uh...we helped Stern stay in business from 2000-2007 when I was their biggest distributor in those years because of many of you loyal home customers - when Gary told me that nobody at home ever needed a pinball machine and that Internet crap would not amount to anything....

It was because of all of you that we were able to start JJP - That will never be forgotten. You built it and you can all pull it down too if you feed into a few haters who did not get aboard early, have patience and stick it out. This took much longer than any of us thought it would....sorry, we got here as fast as we could.

A year ago maybe we could have shipped a "game" it would not be what we wanted it to be. The Hobbit - it will be better for sure.

#105 10 years ago

I didn't count them but I would say that there were around 20 on the test line. They were all LE's which I find interesting. Why? because after reading this forum that non LE's are the only thing being built. Well, I know for a FACT that's a lie because my eye's do not lie. If you visit you'll get a better idea of what's going on.

#106 10 years ago

Vyzer at the desk!

Picture_033.jpgPicture_033.jpg

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The "big toy" STILL doesn't work correctly, even with patched software. Issues indeed. I can't even imagine what losers like you would be screaming if WOZ's main toy failed on every shipped game?

Why are you ripping on game I bought ? If you don't like a certain game being ripped on, then I must not like it either.

Why do you get a pass ?

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHOA! It's YOU!
Welcome!!

It's me....thanks!

Tired of the one-way street sign here

Pinball does not belong to the few haters - it belongs to all of us including the passionate lovers of Pinball crazy enough to start a whole friggin real live pinball manufacturing company from an idea.

I don't take a salary from JJP - I've spent 3+ years of my life working on this and I did not even need to ever do it.

I have not regretted one day of it. The people who visit us daily, the pictures and e mails, seeing people play the game on location, seeing the collection reports and repeat orders for the game...amazing.....we have an amazing product and we are at the beginning of the road.

I have distributors asking me daily if anyone cancels a ECLEWOZ - even at $7500 they will buy the game and pay me for it. They know if four months on eBay they will be $12,000+

The risk was a year ago, two years ago...when we had nothing and less than nothing - not when we are building 50 games a day!

Come on over - see what we are doing - the door is open!

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Why are you ripping on game I bought ? If you don't like a certain game being ripped on, then I must not like it either.
Why do you get a pass ?

I understand you bought a WOZ or ECLEWOZ McQ - correct - congrats!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Vyzer at the desk!

Love it - I think he is dreaming of how much fun it is to have a pinball company run your life....hmmmm

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Vyzer at the desk!

Crap! Jacks desk looks messier than mine

#112 10 years ago

Fun visit to the Factory! Everyone that can...should!

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Loser? Wow, sensitive are we? Can't take the good with the bad? Please tell me what I said that was so horrible? What did I say that made you cry?

#114 10 years ago

So, Jack...do we get a Hobbit Update this week??

#115 10 years ago

Quoting mccune "Why are you ripping on game I bought ? If you don't like a certain game being ripped on, then I must not like it either."

I'm not ripping on anything. The big toy STILL does not work. That's a fact, not a rip. The rest of the game is fun so far, but there's serious issues with the magnet detect circuitry that Stern needs to fix.

As for WOZ, you can keep bashing the game all you want, if that's the point you're trying to make. I couldn't care less whether you like that game or not. There's a big difference between bashing a game (and backing it up with examples of why said game sucks), and bashing a person or company mercilessly and relentlessly, just because you dislike them. The former can be informative and even fun (for those of us who remember Aron Boag and his rants LOL). The latter just shows you're a jerk.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So, Jack...do we get a Hobbit Update this week??

pretty please!?

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm not ripping on anything. The big toy STILL does not work. That's a fact, not a rip. The rest of the game is fun so far, but there's serious issues with the magnet detect circuitry that Stern needs to fix.
As for WOZ, you can keep bashing the game all you want, if that's the point you're trying to make. I couldn't care less whether you like that game or not. There's a big difference between bashing a game (and backing it up with examples of why said game sucks), and bashing a person or company mercilessly and relentlessly, just because you dislike them. The former can be informative and even fun (for those of us who remember Aron Boag and his rants LOL). The latter just shows you're an a$$hole.

Please give examples? Bashing? Example please... your outta control! You complain about bashing as you bash! LOL... never bashed anything if you pay attention.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Loser? Wow, sensitive are we? Can't take the good with the bad? Please tell me what I said that was so horrible? What did I say that made you cry?

Good with the bad? You haven't posted anything good in years, if ever. I do 'congratulate' you for taking your trolling to the point Jack himself had to respond.. achievement "pinside-a$$hole" complete LOL

BTW I'm not crying, I'm laughing. At you. <-- See here?

#119 10 years ago

Hobbit update coming guys.. Either today or tomorrow.. Likely later today!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Pinball does not belong to the few haters - it belongs to all of us including the passionate lovers of Pinball crazy enough to start a whole friggin real live pinball manufacturing company from an idea.

Jack, Thank you for making WOZ. My son and I enjoy it very, very much. Buying NIB is out of my league, but I guarantee I will putting many dollars into it on location with the hopes that I can play The Hobbit in the future.

It's disappointing to see early supporters become disenchanted by the process, but I hope everyone with an LE coming eventually feels it was worth the wait. I am very impressed with what I've seen so far.

#121 10 years ago

Yes - today. Probably another next week or so. We will show the whole playfield by the end of August. "Jack saw it and he likes it" - others have seen it and they LOVE IT. Several customers visiting here yesterday saw it and the two that did not have THLE on order - ordered the game on the spot!

The development is going really well and ahead of where we were on WOZ.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

That two year headstart included *writing the entire pin operating and support system*.

That -^ A huge portion of the work on WOZ was building the software foundation. HUGE.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Jack, Thank you for making WOZ. My son and I enjoy it very, very much. Buying NIB is out of my league, but I guarantee I will putting many dollars into it on location with the hopes that I can play The Hobbit in the future.
It's disappointing to see early supporters become disenchanted by the process, but I hope everyone with an LE coming eventually feels it was worth the wait. I am very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Thank YOU!

Not everyone can buy a game. But hopefully everyone can play it somewhere - soon -

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That -^ A huge portion of the work on WOZ was building the software foundation. HUGE.

Massive job that Keith undertook, Alex was involved more recently and Ted as well. Bless them all, massive job well done.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

My game seems to work ?

Quoted from metallik:

As for WOZ, you can keep bashing the game all you want, if that's the point you're trying to make.

I don't bash WoZ, I don't like some of the info given from some of the guys on here. I have never wished harm to JJP .

Quoted from metallik:

The latter just shows you're an a$$hole.

You had better get a ban warning for this !!

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

A Day 1 distributor order was placed and paid for, just like all the Day 1 ECLE orders. The distributor received 5 of his order, NOT all of it, and he swapped out LEs for Standards in order to get them quicker (and if you think about it, that means that LE orders just all moved up 5 spots in the queue)

Wow. That is an impressive level of spin!

Have you thought about going into politics?

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You have no idea. Actually you do Eric. Others don't

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I understand you bought a WOZ or ECLEWOZ McQ - correct - congrats!

Yes, still working out the deals , I will let you know when the deal is made . I am not buying it direct from the factory.

It could take up to 3 years for the deal to come though. It will be worth the wait, for me at least.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Massive job that Keith undertook, Alex was involved more recently and Ted as well. Bless them all, massive job well done.

Er, he CERTAINLY doesn't mean ME!

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Several customers visiting here yesterday saw it

Hmmmm, we may be making a trip to the factory to pick up the Invisiglass we ordered. (a little sneak peek at Hobbit can't hurt!)

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

On location they are kicking everything else's ass including the high end Metallica - that's why Gary Stern does not want our games next to his on location in Chicago - I know this because a number of operators there told me that.

Am I the only one who thinks that mentioning the competition by name in this manner is not at all helpful to you?

How is this relevant to the issue raised in this thread?

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't bash WoZ,

You had better get a ban warning for this !!

Jim mccune doesn't bash WOZ.. wow.. has a less true statement ever been posted here?

I did edit my prior comment down to "jerk" however. I think that's a very accurate term to describe your behavior towards anything JJP. Gotta keep it family friendly

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Good with the bad? You haven't posted anything good in years, if ever. I do 'congratulate' you for taking your trolling to the point Jack himself had to respond.. achievement "pinside-a$$hole" complete LOL
BTW I'm not crying, I'm laughing. At you. <-- See here?

Like I said, your definitely not paying attention but you sure know how to personally attack someone, thanks! You can't give any specifics of bashing like I thought. You totally missed my multiple posts regarding WoZ's quality, look and feel being unmatched. My comments regarding theme, number produced, etc. are my opinion and personal experience...

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Too busy playing pinball to waste time on politics!

Besides, the best spin is when it's true too!

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Jim mccune doesn't bash WOZ.. wow.. has a less true statement ever been posted here?

Find it , You bash Stern,right ?

#136 10 years ago

Jack...maybe you should start your own ASK JACK Thread.
(you'll never see Gary Stern here)

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I had a distributor just ask me to swap LE games in his queue for WOZ...part of the e mail he wrote me:

"I am getting really backed up on regulars too. New orders every day! I know other distributors are getting a few and offering them to my customers who have had deposits for a long time. I have 20 on order with you and am well oversold. Can you put me in for another xx and see about getting some to me on a regular basis? I am putting a full size ad in xxxxxxx. I know I will sell a ton of WOZ machines as the magazine goes to a huge audience."

These distributors had the opportunity to order both ECLEWOZ and WOZ

Our main focus is on ECLEWOZ right now.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Yes - today. Probably another next week or so. We will show the whole playfield by the end of August. "Jack saw it and he likes it" - others have seen it and they LOVE IT. Several customers visiting here yesterday saw it and the two that did not have THLE on order - ordered the game on the spot!
The development is going really well and ahead of where we were on WOZ.

Can't wait!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jack...maybe you should start your own ASK JACK Thread.
(you'll never see Gary Stern here)

That's what PR people are for

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yes, still working out the deals , I will let you know when the deal is made . I am not buying it direct from the factory.
It could take up to 3 years for the deal to come though. It will be worth the wait, for me at least.

3 years - sarcastic? Really?

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Am I the only one who thinks that mentioning the competition by name in this manner is not at all helpful to you?

I'm saying what I have been told. That has been written about publicly already, not by me. Many advertisers mention their competition. I love Stern and the people there. I want more pinball, not less.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Too busy playing pinball to waste time on politics!
Besides, the best spin is when it's true too!

lol

It's true that people who pre-ordred WOZ LE will get them *sooner* because this distributor got regular versions instead?!

Ok!

Quoted from JerseyJack:

I had a distributor just ask me to swap LE games in his queue for WOZ.

I understand. My point was that Gary Martin was saying that this meant that others in line for WOZ LE would actually get them *sooner* because of this.

That does not compute.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Gladly,

heres one example i found on the FIRST thread i clicked on..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-version-114-released/page/3#post-988850

"Not many people care anymore" but yet you now are trying to get one?

Anyone else smell that..

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, you're not. I love what JJP is doing, love Jack's enthusiasm, and I'll more than likely pre-order The Hobbit. But that kind of stuff is a big turn off for me. When anybody from either company does it.

I remember when I used to browse AVS and the SVS guys would come on and talk crap about the competition. They make great subs but I could never bring myself to buy one because of their attitude.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

3 years - sarcastic? Really?

Jack, All I meant was I don't know when it is coming . Jack, you are doing a fine job and machines are shipping . I wouldn't get to worked up over a few comments on Wrongside .

You can't control everything , just do what you do and everything will be good !

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

They know if four months on eBay they will be $12,000+

They do?

How do they know this?

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Nope. Closest I get is calling them out on their crappy QC, but it is what it is. I think my Tron and ACDC premium are two of the most fun games made in the last 10 years. Maybe I'll put my WOZ in between them. OTOH both have had issues, and the quality of some components (speakers) are beyond laughable.

Unlike you and some others here, I don't favor one company over the other. Both have their good points, and both have done things to piss me off. What matters most are the games. You post crap in many woz threads, and you don't even own the game. Why in the world do you do that? Why do you take so much time out of your life to post crap about WOZ? Check your 'recent forum activity' .. you're participating in NINE woz threads, and that's just the first page. Why?

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
I understand. My point was that Gary Martin was saying that this meant that others in line for WOZ LE would actually get them *sooner* because of this.
That does not compute.

Sure it computes!

Day one, customer 1 orders an LE, distributor 1 orders 5 LEs and 5 standards, customer 2 orders an LE.

Now in that order, six LEs have to be built and ship before they can start on number Seven for customer 2 right? If that distributor switches his LEs to standards and the factory is producing almost ten to 1 LEs, then customer 2 would get his LE faster right?

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Gladly,

heres one example i found on the FIRST thread i clicked on..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-version-114-released/page/3#post-988850

"Not many people care anymore" but yet you now are trying to get one?

Anyone else smell that..

That is a bash to JJP ? That was directed to a pinsider,not JJP . Anyone that does not think a little excitement has left the room is just not accepting the truth .

It is time to move on to bigger and better things .. I got bashed for being a fan of AC/DC by Alex Levy many times . You guys have labeled me as a hater, that is your problem not mine

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That is a bash to JJP ? That was directed to a pinsider,not JJP . Anyone that does not think a little excitement has left the room is just not accepting the truth .
It is time to move on to bigger and better things .. I got bashed for being a fan of AC/DC by Alex Levy many times . You guys have labeled me as a hater, that is your problem not mine

"Woz has jumped the shark and not many people care anymore ." That is there a pinsider named Woz? I can't find one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.