By bookemdano

3 weeks ago

Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jmountjoy111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 26 days ago

Tommy in average condition but I am not really diggin it. Thinking about selling or trading it for something else. The playfield is nice but the cabinet though solid could use new decals. Any thoughts on price? Any thoughts on what game to add that is from the same-ish time period?

I've played probably 100 games on it but I just don't seem to like the way it plays and don't really care much for the theme either. Thought it would be cool to have because I love music but like I said I'm not really diggin' it.

1 week later
#3 14 days ago

Will get them asap. Just not really a fan but I appreciate the design and such.

#4 14 days ago

I would guess it's worth about what you paid for it.

#5 14 days ago

Not crazy about the title of this thread. Should be something more descriptive.

#6 14 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Not crazy about the title of this thread. Should be something more descriptive.

click bait, duh (it worked on both of us didnt it?)

#7 14 days ago
Quoted from bookemdano:

Tommy in average condition but I am not really diggin it. Thinking about selling or trading it for something else. The playfield is nice but the cabinet though solid could use new decals. Any thoughts on price? Any thoughts on what game to add that is from the same-ish time period?
I've played probably 100 games on it but I just don't seem to like the way it plays and don't really care much for the theme either. Thought it would be cool to have because I love music but like I said I'm not really diggin' it.

Well, what did you pay for it???? Seems pretty simple to come up with a price.

#8 14 days ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Well, what did you pay for it???? Seems pretty simple to come up with a price.

I agree. Maybe the OP is looking to make a quick buck.

1 week later
#9 7 days ago

Quick buck, no. Paid pretty decently for it at the advice of a friend but I realized after playing it for a couple of weeks that I don't like game. I already am mot a fan of the who. Just figured I would try and upgrade to a game I enjoy. Actually very soon I will be getting ready to part ways with three games including this one so that I can get something else. I will get pics tomorrow.

#10 7 days ago

pinside.com/pinball/archive/tommy-pinball-wizard

There you go. Subtract 10% for a quick sale.

Don't buy another music theme if you don't like the band

What you paid is irrelevant to value for others. I think you should sell to the friends that encouraged you

#11 5 days ago

They said the game was great so I thought I'd give it a whirl... pun intended but I actually gave whirlwind a whirl and I'm not into that game either. Thinking about getting a scared stiff or possibly a totan. Maybe a cv. Gotta sell sttng and junkyard first. Asfar as values go, I don't follow current market values of anything. Not in it for the money for the quick buck. Just reliving my childhood.

#12 5 days ago

It is actually a pretty simple 5 step process.

1. Take about 10-15 pictures of the game.

2. Yes, you have include the bad parts too...

3. Post them in a thread that is titled "What is this Tommy worth?" you will get 100 responses ranging all over the place.

4. Eliminate the ones that think you can still buy DMD pins for $1000.

5. Eliminate the ones of people that currently own the game and overvalue it.

Your final number will fall somewhere in the range of the pinside estimate I would guess lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chesterton, IN
$ 24.95
$ 157.00
$ 239.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.