(Topic ID: 190182)

So I bought a Bally Bikini Bingo - why ?

By pookycade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7773 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

So I saw a nice cheap Bally Bikini bingo and I wanted to round out my collection. I'm happy to have it and it seems to be one that is well liked. Will still need to get it working which I'm sure will be a challenge. But for those of you who collect bingos what exactly do with them to keep yourself entertained, especially if there isn't real gambling involved here ? Understand I'm really not trying to criticize here at all. I just want to seriously know how one goes beyond novelty factor for it to become fun when no real money is on the line ? Is there actual strategy here ?

#2 6 years ago

I do not own a bingo, so take what I say however you want but, I assume just like anything you challenge yourself to do, you make a goal and try to achieve it. I want this line 4 in a row. Can I do it? Yes! Wow, I did it! Sure I didn't receive a nickel per replay but I got what I set out to do. Satisfaction without profit. The original happiness... (I'm quite a bit tipsy)

#3 6 years ago

I have one magic screen game. I enjoy as a different challenge to a pinball. It needs to be working well like all games. I love it more than most of my pinballs.

Getting five in a line even with extra balls is quite hard. Every time you win it gets a little harder due to the reflex unit so the games you play one after the other the features get rarer and the odds not so high. It's a challenge to win big is why it is fun and such a challenge.

It is just as pleasurable to get 96 replays or so for fun as back in the day. If I get 5 in aline my wife is summoned to tell me how smart and clever I am as the replays chalk up.

I am interested in a bikini as it has future feature mine has a red letter game. So if it gets to be boring let me know.

#4 6 years ago

Disable the tilts and get into some serious nudging fun!

1 month later
#5 6 years ago

Just saw this and thought I'd give my two cents. Maybe you've worked through the issues. The strategy is huge with the bingos. For example perhaps you have a chance for a hit in one color for 64 credits but only one number. Or you could shift the screen for three numbers to hit but only 16 credits. So 64 times 1 is greater than 16 times three. The ROI is 33 percent higher but only if the probability of hitting the numbers is equal which it isn't. There's a lot of mental gymnastics involved and this is just one simple example. Every single game is different and requires this kind of process to maximize your results. Not to mention you should learn to smack the machine without tilting. Good luck. Most people can never master the bingos.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Every single game is different

Cannot agree more. Bikini is a fantastic, featureful game, and is one of the first I learned how to play.

Learning how the ball travels from the plunge is critical, as is learning the angles needed for a good nudge -into- or pulling -out of- a hole that you don't want. It's a huge rush to plunge a ball, shooting for a number - missing that number, then having the skill to bring it back to the ball return to try again without penalty. Doing that twice in a row? You feel like a master, but your nerves are shot. Do it a third time? Unheard of, but you're on top of the world (and as jittery as you can possibly be). Plunge that ball the fourth time, and steer it carefully into the number you want - BANG! 600 replays.

There is truly nothing like it in the world of pinball. The machine sings you a little song as you play, as you coin the game, as you earn those replays. Rhythmic, quiet clicking - loud banging - the sound of the ball lifter - all these come together and really draw you into the game.

And that's after bringing your odds and features up through careful expenditure of those nickels/replays!

I can play bingo pinball for hours at a time. Most flipper games have me moving on after 30 minutes or so.

I lump myself in there for sure. I am a poor player, but the bingos are the games I most love losing to.

Feel free to post if you have any questions - I am always happy to help, as are many of the other bingo guys. Welcome to the club!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Just saw this and thought I'd give my two cents. Maybe you've worked through the issues. The strategy is huge with the bingos. For example perhaps you have a chance for a hit in one color for 64 credits but only one number. Or you could shift the screen for three numbers to hit but only 16 credits. So 64 times 1 is greater than 16 times three. The ROI is 33 percent higher but only if the probability of hitting the numbers is equal which it isn't. There's a lot of mental gymnastics involved and this is just one simple example. Every single game is different and requires this kind of process to maximize your results. Not to mention you should learn to smack the machine without tilting. Good luck. Most people can never master the bingos.

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Cannot agree more. Bikini is a fantastic, featureful game, and is one of the first I learned how to play.
Learning how the ball travels from the plunge is critical, as is learning the angles needed for a good nudge -into- or pulling -out of- a hole that you don't want. It's a huge rush to plunge a ball, shooting for a number - missing that number, then having the skill to bring it back to the ball return to try again without penalty. Doing that twice in a row? You feel like a master, but your nerves are shot. Do it a third time? Unheard of, but you're on top of the world (and as jittery as you can possibly be). Plunge that ball the fourth time, and steer it carefully into the number you want - BANG! 600 replays.
There is truly nothing like it in the world of pinball. The machine sings you a little song as you play, as you coin the game, as you earn those replays. Rhythmic, quiet clicking - loud banging - the sound of the ball lifter - all these come together and really draw you into the game.
And that's after bringing your odds and features up through careful expenditure of those nickels/replays!
I can play bingo pinball for hours at a time. Most flipper games have me moving on after 30 minutes or so.

I lump myself in there for sure. I am a poor player, but the bingos are the games I most love losing to.
Feel free to post if you have any questions - I am always happy to help, as are many of the other bingo guys. Welcome to the club!

You guys sure have a way with words! I could not have said it better.

#8 6 years ago

Mmmmmmm......bikini!

IMG_7773 (resized).JPGIMG_7773 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-bought-a-bally-bikini-bingo-why?hl=okorange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.