(Topic ID: 197745)

So... how much damage did I do? +-12VDC (CN2 Whitestar)

By OHMI_Arcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

audio power 12V reverse.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaza.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Diode 102-105 are conducting when + and - 12Volt is reversed.
    In example below it results in a short between between -12Volt to +12Volt through Diode D104 and D105

When the powersupply shuts off only one 12V rail (due to overload) , the speaker is continuous powered by 12Volt (+ or -) relative to GND. Also capacitors C116 or 119 is wrong polarized this way.

audio power 12V reverse.jpgaudio power 12V reverse.jpg

I think that the opamps are relative safe behind the 7x05 regulators.

It's a little guess what really happened and whether or not the (+) and (-) 12Volt stayed active all the time.
    Inspect capacitors C116,119,109,112 and diode D102-105.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaza.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-much-damage-did-i-do-12vdc-cn2-whitestar?tu=zaza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.