Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zr11990
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metallica (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_2305 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

I bought tickets for my son and myself for the Houston show at NRG. Never been to a show that big unless you count The Eagles Hell Freezes Over at Rice Stadium. I guess I need to catch up on their stuff so I'll know all the songs.

#2 6 years ago

**Crickets**...big surprise here.

#3 6 years ago

What, no one likes Metallica?

#4 6 years ago

I have a pair on the floor. Also have gnr floor and a tool ticket. Gonna be a good year for concerts

#5 6 years ago

I have to admit that my son asked me to go. I am looking forward to it but if he had not asked I wouldn't have bought the tickets. If I cant get good seats I wont go and the whole ticket buying experience sucks now days. You cant stand in line and buy tickets anymore. It's all online or on the phone and you pretty much get the shit that they have left over from the scalpers.

#6 6 years ago

I LOVE Metallica. Had no idea they were touring though. I'll try to get tickets but they usually sell out in seconds.

#7 6 years ago

I seen them here in Minneapolis last year. Awesome show!! Thay played the new us bank stadium.
    There not playing Minnesota this tour so I'm traveling to see one show! Lower level tickets on right side of stage.
    Metallica has been posting concert footage including full shows to YouTube, I recommend checking it out!
    New Metallica album rocks!!

#8 6 years ago

I have tickets for July in Detroit. I'm actually more excited that Volbeat is gonna be there. They put on a good show.

#9 6 years ago

I saw the last show they put on in December in Oakland right before the worldwired tour was announced. Small venue, fit about 2000 people, we had first row balcony seats about 25 feet away from the stage, because my wife was 7 months pregnant otherwise we would have been on the floor. Amazing show, they are sounding better then ever. Its a show I will never forget.

#10 6 years ago

Bought mine for the show at Safeco Field in Seattle and then GnR at the Gorge in September.

1 month later
    #11 6 years ago

Welcome to the show dudes. This is just the opening act.

IMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2305 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

I have tickets for the Chicago show on Sunday.

#13 6 years ago

I've got tickets for Atlanta in July - also now have an extra as my (by then) 5 month prego wife will not be going.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I've got tickets for Atlanta in July - also now have an extra as my (by then) 5 month prego wife will not be going.

So far besides the the usual I have seen a woman the looked 8 months preform and someone carrying a newborn. At least it was wearing hearing protection

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

It's a great night in Houston TX.
    Metal up your ass motherfuckers!!!

#16 6 years ago

I have floor tickets for their AZ show in August.

#17 6 years ago

meh

#18 6 years ago

Saw them in 1989, Justice for All tour. Would be cool to see them again almost thirty years later. Might have to try for the Orlando show.

#19 6 years ago

Is a 2 hour show the norm now? They only played for 2hoirs and fifteen minutes. Avenged Sevefold played for an hour. My son was disappointed as he really likes them.

#20 6 years ago

Metallica has become what we all hated. 1st 2 albums count, the rest are terrible. Kirk is a horrible guitarist. Lars will probably come out of the closet any day now. Don't support these washed up dumb asses..................

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Metallica has become what we all hated.

Like back in 1990.

Wonder what it's like to go out on stage and play the same songs for 30 years. Probably just like any other job where you are trying to collect a paycheck.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Metallica has become what we all hated. 1st 2 albums count, the rest are terrible. Kirk is a horrible guitarist. Lars will probably come out of the closet any day now. Don't support these washed up dumb asses..................

I was going to say, I remember when Master of Puppets came out and people shit on it for a while. Then Justice. Then the Black album. After Kill 'Em All there was always a group of people screaming that they sold out. My best friend FREAKED when he heard Fade to Black and felt they sold out, lol.

Quoted from zr11990:

Is a 2 hour show the norm now? They only played for 2hoirs and fifteen minutes. Avenged Sevefold played for an hour. My son was disappointed as he really likes them.

They play a solid 2 hour and fifteen minute show every time. That is a long time, lol. We were EXHAUSTED by the end of the show in Foxboro although we were in front of the stage by the pit so there was constant movement. We have been to many shows that the headliners play 70-90 minutes. Over two hours for a bunch fifty year olds isn't that bad.

Quoted from o-din:

Like back in 1990.
    Wonder what it's like to go out on stage and play the same songs for 30 years. Probably just like any other job where you are trying to collect a paycheck.

Like back in 1984 with their first ballad, lol. They haven't really toured the US in years and the demand was crazy. They did a great job mixing in some different songs this time even though I will never need to hear One played live ever again. My wife was happy though since it is her favorite song. It is why a lot of bands do not even record new material anymore, the fans do not want to hear the new stuff at shows. They want to hear the same songs over and over.

Metallica (resized).JPGMetallica (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

Many go to these shows because they never saw them back in the day when the hair was long and they could get those locks whipping around.

#24 6 years ago

Still debating about the Rose Bowl. They are pretty much my favorite overall band, but I see the value in all of the things that were written in the above posts, both good and bad. The main thing for me, somewhat sadly I realize, is that I just don't feel like expending the energy to go to one of these any more. I downloaded a bunch of videos from Youtube, older and newer, and I like to sit around on the couch and blast them on the big screen TV and sounds system. The older ones with Cliff Burton are awesome. The quality of the picture and sound isn't great for those old ones, but the performances rule.

#25 6 years ago

I'm taking my son in August and I have not seen them since 1987/88 'Monsters Of Rock' at the Kingdome in Seattle. I was young and dumb and tossed a lit M-1000 into a open area next to the stage and everyone thought it was part of the show. The headliner band was Van Halen but Metallica stole the show. This time I will sitting back with earplugs and a cold beer.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Maybe all that you hated.

Musicians are in a lose/lose situation... If they keep doing the same thing, people say they're stagnant. If they change, people say they've sold out. Metallica has had a ton of ups and downs, just like any band that has been around as long as they have. I saw them a few weeks ago and they put on a great show. They have two of that humongous stage setup... The next venue is being put up while they're playing at the current one. That is a huge investment in their touring. Watch any interview with Hetfield (especially the recent Joe Rogan one), he's as down to earth, funny and cool as you'd want any rock star to be.

#27 6 years ago

I saw the show. Good production but they kinda phoned it in. But then it's hard to get into stadium shows sometimes.

#28 6 years ago

Like it or not most bands go through changes be it style of music or the band line up. Look at the Beatles......completely different music from I want to Hold Your Hand to Sgt. Peppers.

Metallica was young and hungry but fame changed them. Come on Lars....let's make Napster great again. I know people that like the new stuff. I personally like everything through the black album.....but it was clear they sold out on that album.

Metallica has so much material they could play for longer if they wanted but a 2 hr show is good for guys in their 50's. And as with any band it's hard to be excited every nite playing the same old songs.

And I really don't understand why so many people bash on Kirk Hammet. He may not be the most flashy player but he is solid. Keep in mind Dave Mustaine was a damn good player so they fire him and bring in a shitty player....that makes sense. If Kirk was bad they would have dumped him too. If anyone wants to criticize a guitarist then it should be Jimmy Page. The guy can write great riffs but he plays sloppy. But I guess everyone was so stoned in the 70's nobody really cared.

#29 6 years ago

I thought the show was good. I am not a huge Met fan but my son wanted to see them. Being in a huge stadium the sound was not the greatest. Loud as hell but not the greatest. I cant believe some of the goofy stuff I saw. I saw someone wagging a newborn baby through the crowd and some silly people beside me came in with two small kids after Met had started. They stayed 20 minutes and left then came back for about 30 then left. Shit they wasted a lot of cash as we were sitting in pretty good seats. There were 4 idiots who had moved from the cheaper seats to the row behind us. They were obnoxious and crowding the people in that row and wouldn't leave. When the family beside me left their seats the first time they jumped over thinking they were going to take over their sets. I sent them packing because I knew they wouldn't leave when/if the other people came back. I thought I was going to get nasty for a second but they left. I did enjoy the show but the most important thing is that I spent time with my son who means the world to me.

#30 6 years ago

And thus the reason I probably won't go. Same reason I don't bother much anymore with football, basketball and baseball games. Too many idiots.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I saw the show. Good production but they kinda phoned it in. But then it's hard to get into stadium shows sometimes.

Why do you say they phoned it in. I'll admit I haven't seen them since around 1990 at the Texas Jam at Rice stadium but I thought they did a great job. It wasn't the absolute best show I have ever seen but they put on a hell of a show. Of course we didn't see the same show and you have seen way more concerts then I have.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-many-have-tickets-to-mettalicas-upcoming-tour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.