Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel about paying to list or sell anything on pinside?”

• Love it, quit being a cheap ass 96 votes
      38%
    • Hate it, I love being a cheap ass 155 votes
      62%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waldorf_Astoria_Boca_11_9_15.jpg
    Funded.jpg
    1452de3a44cd74bcfcb084c8ba6095e7.jpg
    this_sucks_facebook_thumbs_down_stickers-r75a71176c44a47648bff69dadbcfe1db_v9i1a_1024.jpg
    tina-fey-thumbs-down.jpg
    thumbs-down.jpg
    897px-Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png
    fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 8 years ago

Okay - so I've tried this out a couple of days now.

I don't like that the thumbs down is gone. I understand in today's society of "everything is only good - Happy happy joy joy" extreme politically correct nonsense that we don't like to hurt anyone's feelings however it seems to me that not having the ability to disagree with a post quickly and efficiently (thumbs down) without writing a response is leading to MUCH more bickering and rudeness than the thumbs down ever evoked. It is somewhat insulting to only have "thumbs up" - either remove thumbs altogether or put the "thumbs down" back.

My sincere hope is that Robin seriously considers bringing back the "thumbs down" to eliminate the rudeness and bickering its removal has generated.

I hear people whining about a fee to post an ad. I don't believe the fee is terribly excessive, but wonder how the "tiers" are determined? I didn't see any info on "tiers". Personally I would prefer a reasonable flat rate to post an ad for a pin with increasing cost for "featuring" it or "bolding" it etc instead of an increasing cost by "tier". Charge more for lower tiers and less for higher tiers and reach an average cost that is bearable by anyone selling a pin.

I don't really see the value of the "on topic, off topic... etc." I tried it - but doubt that I'll use that feature - I could care less - I either see value in the post or not - I don't need to vote on it.

On a more positive note I really LOVE the basement. Great idea - and nicely executed. Keep it minimally moderated and I suspect it will be more active than any other area of the site.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thumbs down/up started way too many fights and meltdowns.

I think you may have missed my point. From what I can tell the inability for people to do a "thumbs down" has appeared to create MORE fights due to people being forced to elaborate in writing his or her disagreement with a post.

No argument about the attempt to be about money - but I don't agree with your assessment that thumbs up/down created more meltdowns than one's inability to express one's opinion without further elaboration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-is-everyone-liking-the-recent-changes-on-pinside?tu=pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.