Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel about paying to list or sell anything on pinside?”

• Love it, quit being a cheap ass 96 votes
      38%
    • Hate it, I love being a cheap ass 155 votes
      62%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waldorf_Astoria_Boca_11_9_15.jpg
    Funded.jpg
    1452de3a44cd74bcfcb084c8ba6095e7.jpg
    this_sucks_facebook_thumbs_down_stickers-r75a71176c44a47648bff69dadbcfe1db_v9i1a_1024.jpg
    tina-fey-thumbs-down.jpg
    thumbs-down.jpg
    897px-Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png
    fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 8 years ago

The post multipliers are entirely unnecessary, confusing, and overanimated. Thumbs downs on no more thumbs down. Charging anything to post games for sale turns the market into premium pinball ad space. No amount of me being willing to support Pinside will make people will willing to pay $0 to list a game for sale list those games now. Pinside Market used to be a catch-all for all games for sale like a Mr. Pinball or Facebook group. Now it's ad space on a popular website. It serves a 100% different purpose now and devalues the market to me as a buyer. It's not about people being cheap and unwilling to support Pinside, it's about turning people away who aren't going to pay to list games for us to buy no matter what the fee is.

The off topic areas and other minor improvement around the site seem good, overall I think it was a downgrade though.

#107 8 years ago

Not sure the vendors are going to be affected much. Half the vendor ads have links for contact details outside of Pinside or a link to where you can buy some mod on their website. Others are selling multiple mods within one ad. Does Robin think they're going to mark the ad as sold, pay fees, and relist every time them make a sale?

Flipper Fidelity just put a link to their online store for this item:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27281

Pinballs.com, Doughslingers, and PinballSTAR have generic WoZ ads up that say contact them to work out a deal. Are they supposed to kick back $35 from every sale to Pinside because they have those market ads up now?

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Any pointers on where to find these Facebook groups for pins (I'm not an arcade guy)?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there a fee for parts/mods now? I saw Robin's initial post about fees for games based on broad price tiers (and I have to say that $15 for selling a Road Show struck me as fair enough), but I haven't seen anything other than speculation re: fees for anything else. Has anyone tried to sell a part and been assessed a fee?
    Assuming there is a parts/mods fee, it seems like the fee structure and mechanism for collecting tiny fees will be crucial in determining whether it kills the Pinside market. I can't imagine they're excited about trying to collect $0.20 on a $50 sale (wouldn't the Paypal fees eat that up anyway), so it wouldn't surprise me if the fees are just for game sales and not for parts and mods.

The little note at the bottom about price tiers only appears for machines, not parts and mods. Just the $2 insertion fee for non-donors it looks like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-is-everyone-liking-the-recent-changes-on-pinside?tu=defaultgen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.