Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel about paying to list or sell anything on pinside?”

• Love it, quit being a cheap ass 96 votes
      38%
    • Hate it, I love being a cheap ass 155 votes
      62%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waldorf_Astoria_Boca_11_9_15.jpg
    Funded.jpg
    1452de3a44cd74bcfcb084c8ba6095e7.jpg
    this_sucks_facebook_thumbs_down_stickers-r75a71176c44a47648bff69dadbcfe1db_v9i1a_1024.jpg
    tina-fey-thumbs-down.jpg
    thumbs-down.jpg
    897px-Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png
    fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

FYI if you donate to the site there is no fee to list anything for sale. So just call it a membership, and donate something, and then be done with it.
    This site doesn't exist for free. You find it convenient to sell something here, and make money, but not so convenient that the people who provide the site to you get to do so to keep it running and pay their rent.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so its' free if you already are an active donator? As it should be since you are already contributing.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Okay - so I've tried this out a couple of days now.
    I don't like that the thumbs down is gone. I understand in today's society of "everything is only good - Happy happy joy joy" extreme politically correct nonsense that we don't like to hurt anyone's feelings however it seems to me that not having the ability to disagree with a post quickly and efficiently (thumbs down) without writing a response is leading to MUCH more bickering and rudeness than the thumbs down ever evoked. It is somewhat insulting to only have "thumbs up" - either remove thumbs altogether or put the "thumbs down" back.
    My sincere hope is that Robin seriously considers bringing back the "thumbs down" to eliminate the rudeness and bickering its removal has generated.
    I hear people whining about a fee to post an ad. I don't believe the fee is terribly excessive, but wonder how the "tiers" are determined? I didn't see any info on "tiers". Personally I would prefer a reasonable flat rate to post an ad for a pin with increasing cost for "featuring" it or "bolding" it etc instead of an increasing cost by "tier". Charge more for lower tiers and less for higher tiers and reach an average cost that is bearable by anyone selling a pin.
    I don't really see the value of the "on topic, off topic... etc." I tried it - but doubt that I'll use that feature - I could care less - I either see value in the post or not - I don't need to vote on it.
    On a more positive note I really LOVE the basement. Great idea - and nicely executed. Keep it minimally moderated and I suspect it will be more active than any other area of the site.

Well some on here really have their manpons in when it comes to thumbs down. Because of course. Thumbs up and thumbs down should be a big concern, on everyday life. If you can't handle some criticism on the internet, how the hell you going to handle real life?

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Judge Dredd is a $1415 game now, folks.

maybe on a good day. I'd say $1200.

#168 8 years ago

when did FUN! make all that happen? He has reputation that he has accumulated over a decade, selling games not as described and having half ass working games, at CQ prices.

#201 8 years ago

r

Quoted from swampfire: Could you live on $100 a day?

Shit, I WISH I made $100 a day. That's $700 a week. The wife and I combined barely make that. That would be some righteous bucks. I've spent many years in my past living off of 8 or 9k a year. Not that hard if you are smart with your money.

As far as FUN! goes. He has a long and very bad tarnished reputation for those that cannot buy his games in person. VERY LONG. Him putting on the good face all of a sudden might fool the new and unknowing crowds of today. Those of us that been around for a long time, know better. he's Going to have to really be squeeky clean for a lot of years, to earn any respect from us old schoolers.

#207 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude...you should NOT be donating to Pinside.

Probably not. That just shows my dedication to put up with your guys'z shit even more.

As far as labor of love goes. Any of us that run our local pinball leagues, goes through something very similar. Which is small compared to what the sharps probably going through, to keep the pinball rankings website organized and running.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-is-everyone-liking-the-recent-changes-on-pinside?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.