Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel about paying to list or sell anything on pinside?”

• Love it, quit being a cheap ass 96 votes
      38%
    • Hate it, I love being a cheap ass 155 votes
      62%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waldorf_Astoria_Boca_11_9_15.jpg
    Funded.jpg
    1452de3a44cd74bcfcb084c8ba6095e7.jpg
    this_sucks_facebook_thumbs_down_stickers-r75a71176c44a47648bff69dadbcfe1db_v9i1a_1024.jpg
    tina-fey-thumbs-down.jpg
    thumbs-down.jpg
    897px-Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png
    fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Just post one of these instead. The internet has plenty of them.

897px-Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png thumbs-down.jpg tina-fey-thumbs-down.jpgthis_sucks_facebook_thumbs_down_stickers-r75a71176c44a47648bff69dadbcfe1db_v9i1a_1024.jpg 7667_-_michael_cole_smackdown_suit_sunglasses_taz_thumbs_down_vince_mcmahon_wwe.pngleonardo-dicaprio-tom-hanks-thumbs-down.jpg

That does not have the same effect or really even work. In the past you could see a post with 35 thumbs down and then you knew where the community stood on that post. We need that back. It's good for the people in this hobby who may not know better and had the post not been thumb down they might have thought what the poster said was right......or was fair.....or representative of the community.

Not everyone is going to give a negative response to a negative post if they actually have to post it......throwing up a thumbs down was easy and simplified the whole thing.........and kept thread uncluttered with response after response that were ALL saying the same thing......that they disagreed with the POST.

#123 8 years ago

You do all realize that there will not be a mandatory charge to come here and post here right?

There will be a premium payed option with ADDED features......current features that have always been here and been free won't be removed.........except for selling shit. I have no issue paying a tiny fee to sell stuff. Hell I'll probably get the premium content since I've been donating monthly anyway.

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from Beemus:

pinside and PayPal fees are responsibility of buyer.

And I wouldn't buy from such a cheap ba$t@rd seller

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

A family oriented pay site........sounds shitastic.

And reading is fundamental.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from clone97:

Laugh all you want I'm, not here to rack up posts by the thousands, But here to buy parts and games, and so far its been really fun, But to penalize the small run venders, I have met here with fees would be a sad day IMO, A real loss to the community as a whole.... So go on, do another thousand random posts if you must, I got some shopping to do.

But that is what this place is Primarily about.....a gathering of enthusiasts to talk about pinball. This isn't a pinball store, it's a pinball forum.

#230 8 years ago

Mr. Pinball, Craigslist, eBay, Facebook are all viable options to find a pin. Pinside is your best option.

Generally speaking the prices here are overall more representative of actual market values (or the seller will hear about in the thread).

People here generally have some kind of history / feedback. It's also the most visited/viewed pinball sight on on the web so you have a better chance of finding what you are looking for here......at least I have.

Mr.Pinball prices are often a total joke....and there are way more scams than on here.
    Craigslist can be hit or miss but is still great for trying to find something 'local'.
    eBay prices are legendary.....that being said I have had luck making deals on eBay listed pins by contacting the seller privately and dealing outside of eBay (In Person Only!).
    Facebook can be nice also for dealing with known individuals with good reputations.....just a much smaller pool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-is-everyone-liking-the-recent-changes-on-pinside?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.