(Topic ID: 324031)

So how do you feel about mini-playfields?

By JakeFAttie

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol theres people that like the Mando prem mini playfield? That thing is hot garbage

I have grown to really like it. It definitely requires skill. If you just flail around or chimp flip, you will lose the ball quickly. I don't like the Pro version though. Not so much because it only has one flipper but because of the fixed angle. With the premium, the three tiers of each encounter get more difficult by increasing the angle of the playfield. It just works really well. Not my favorite mini playfield...JJP POTC with the rocking ship and TZ power would be my favorites...but it is up in the top 3-5 for me.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Ya'll are crazy. Its one of the worst ever. Flailing the flippers works a million times better than using "skill" and if I was ever going to waste money on a below average game like Mando it would 100% be the pro.

Mando is a hard game so I get why some people don't like it.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I would not consider it that hard either. Be good at backhands. Shoot the center a bunch. You'll have a good score. That reminds me, the 180 loop ramp on the premium sucks too. Another point for the pro.

Oof doubling down on how wrong you are. 180 loop ramp is so satisfying to shoot. Yeah you can backhand shots. Yeah the center is easy to hit. Getting multi ball doesn't mean shit in the game. Stacking mission, encounter and then opening up MB while activating something like flamethrower while you are deep into MB is so satisfying. But apparently all you have to do is shoot the center a bunch and you will get a good score...whatever that means.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I dunno, I just get first place on it almost every time I play it in tournament and I'm grand champ at the local pub. I do all those things you mentioned. 180 loop ramp sucks. It sucks on Zep too. Yes, it "CAN" be satisfying, usually its not, its just annoying. Not a very hard game, just a bad one. Plenty of games out there where multiball doesn't mean shit, thats pretty much a given, I didn't think it was even worth mentioning. If I wasted my own money on one I'd probably feel the need to defend it too. Its just like when I talk about how bad ghostbusters is and the response is always some pearl clutching comment that I'm probably just not good at it. I play em just fine, I don't like the game. Its cool if you do. Theres a reason Mandos don't hold value though.

That's great. I don't play in my league any more so haven't had a chance to compete on Mando. What is your GC score? Just curious what a good score is for competing. Is "clutching pearls" your default response when someone disagrees with you? I think you are confusing my enthusiasm for Mando with defending my purchase. I am honestly happy the value went down as I got a great deal on a Premium. Same with Stranger Things...loved making 5K profit on a game that was trashed by most pinsiders. Pinside hive mind can help bring down the value of good games. Whatever makes you feel better about your own pinball purchases...but do you have to be a complete dick about it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-do-you-feel-about-mini-playfields?tu=Palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.