(Topic ID: 311552)

I need someone to give me a Theatre of Magic for free. See details inside!

By irobot

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gandamack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9E16A5E2-3DE9-4827-8292-68FE3C2B7700 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220311-083617 (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    EB53BFFC-5F56-439D-80E4-70A4BC95C175 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Are Twilight Zone pinballs really selling for $12,000?

Seriously?

I bought my TZ in 2008 for about $2500. (Holy schnikeys does time ever fly right by!)

So that means an annual inflation of (say 11,000/2500)^(1/14) = 11%

But they were selling a year ago for $8000 ish

That means a one-year inflation of 37%

YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY MY MIDDLE AGEHOOD! AND MY DREAMS OF OWNING A THEATRE OF MAGIC!

HGGGGGGGGGGNNGGHHHHH!

#2 2 years ago

Yes, prices have gone bonkers in the last two years or so...

Some say it is the Covid effect, some say it is because of the stimulus money, some say it is because Stern is so backlogged.

Most likely it is some combination of them all.

I bought my MBr-SE two years ago for $6500 (which was a "decent" deal). I could probably sell it for $8000 easily now - maybe more.

#4 2 years ago

Guys...pinball prices. Am I right or what?!?!?!?!

I get no respect, I'll tell ya. No cheap pins neither!!!

I got it rough...I whipped out my life savings at the pinball dealership, and the guy said "Ok...now come back when you have the money for the other three legs!"

It's rough I tell, it's rough. And my doctor, Vinnie Boombatz, he's no help at all. I told him I was in the market for a pinball machine, and he said, oh, that's worse news than I have! And then he sawed off my leg!

I get no regard at all...no pinball machines neither! I posted a super dumb Greta Thurnberg photo for no apparent reason, and I realized with my wit, and about $20,000...I may be able to buy a broken zizzle!

It's rough out there, I tell ya!

These pinball prices man, oh they got me steamin.' And my wife, she ain't no help neither! I brought home the only pinball machine I can afford, and she said the same thing she said on our wedding night: "Does that come in adult size?"

It's killin' me, these pinball prices!!! I can't take it no more!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys...pinball prices. Am I right or what?!?!?!?!
    I get no respect, I'll tell ya. No cheap pins neither!!!
    I got it rough...I whipped out my life savings at the pinball dealership, and the guy said "Ok...now where's the money for the other three legs?"
    It's rough I tell, it's rough. And doctor, he's no help at all. I told him I was in the market for a pinball machine, and he said, oh, that's worse news than I have! And then he sawed off my leg!
    I get no regard at all...no pinball machines neither! I posted a super dumb Greta Thornberg photo for no apparent reason, and I realized with my wit, and about $20,000...I may be able to buy a broken zizzle!
    It's rough out there, I tell ya!

My avatar says this checks out.

#6 2 years ago

You may want to updated your post so it's a little clearer. I mean if someone is going to give you a ToM do you expect them to pay for shipping? Will you take one that needs work? Are you willing to pickup and carry out the machine if it's in the basement?

You'll have a lot better of a chance getting a free machine if people know what they're getting into!

#7 2 years ago

silly post .... just go to the Pinside market place and check prices!
    will take your TZ for 2500.00 if you feel prices should not change .... even more annoying is the pic of the the enviro rebel ....

#8 2 years ago

I'm sold. I will give you a TOM for free.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'm sold. I will give you a TOM for free.

That didn't take long! Pinside is such a great community!

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

That didn't take long! Pinside is such a great community!

I just need to get a TOM first.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I just need to get a TOM first.

If you need a TOM, just ask on pinside for someone to give you one for free...

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Some say it is the Covid effect, some say it is because of the stimulus money, some say it is because Stern is so backlogged.
    Most likely it is some combination of them all.

Why do people try to over complicate things all the time? Most of the time in a free market economy, it’s supply vs demand that sets pricing. In this case, demand outpaces supply (of both new pins and used pins). So prices increase… simple as that. No need to bring inflation, or Covid or anything else into the mix.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Are Twilight Zone pinballs really selling for $12,000?
    Seriously?
    I bought my TZ in 2008 for about $2500. (Holy schnikeys does time ever fly right by!)
    So that means an annual inflation of (say 11,000/2500)^(1/14) = 11%
    But they were selling a year ago for $8000 ish
    That means a one-year inflation of 37%
    YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY MY MIDDLE AGEHOOD! AND MY DREAMS OF OWNING A THEATRE OF MAGIC!
    HGGGGGGGGGGNNGGHHHHH!

Not to add to the fire but the one in my basement right now I bought at auction in 1998 or so for $900. It was so dirty we had to leave it in the garage for a month until some of the stink dissipated, and when we started cleaning it was the first realization that the plastics back by the gumball machine were red. But she cleaned up really nice. Those were the good old days!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Why do people try to over complicate things all the time? Most of the time in a free market economy, it’s supply vs demand that sets pricing. In this case, demand outpaces supply (of both new pins and used pins). So prices increase… simple as that. No need to bring inflation, or Covid or anything else into the mix.

Obviously it's supply vs. demand. The question is why is demand outpacing supply at this time?

It's possible Covid has reduced the supply, and it's possible that stimulus money has increased demand.
    It's also possible that it's caused by other factors - or some combination of all of these.

#15 2 years ago

yeah it was the stimulus money,PALEASE

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Yup, 2 payments of $1400 over a year and a half allowed me to afford a ToM! Thanks Uncle Sam!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Yup, 2 payments of $1400 over a year and a half allowed me to afford a ToM! Thanks Uncle Sam!

That sounds like a good investment.Its nice for you to be able to do that.Wondering who signed that check.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

I don't agree with them, but there are lots of people claiming that our current inflation situation is caused by it. And there are people claiming it's affecting pinball prices too.

Is it possible that it has had an affect? Yes.
    Can we know if it has had an affect? Probably not.

#19 2 years ago

I need someone to give me cash so I can go on a luxurious vacation. Thanks.

#20 2 years ago
    give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gifgive-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif
    #21 2 years ago

Nuclear war is coming... who cares?

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

He needs something to do while hiding in his bunker!

As for the rest, last time I did a survey, rich people were still rich, poor people were still poor.

Funny thing is thinking that people getting a few checks is going to somehow make them buy pinball machines. The people who didn't get checks are the people buying pinball machines because somehow it is now not just niche, but cool to own them. For once I was ahead of the curve!! Life is complete.

#23 2 years ago

Buying anything right now is like the stock market ..you will be catching a falling knife....people are asking stupid prices for broken shit and if they are getting what they ask more power to them ....maybe this will last but with hyperinflation I'm betting it will flatten out

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You will be able to trade a can of soup for a pinball machine.

#25 2 years ago

You think a crack-head wakes up in the morning and says "oh, I'm broke. I guess no crack for ME"?

FUCK NO, homie!

That crack-head GETS OUT THERE and DOES WHATEVER IT TAKES to get that crack!

You gotta be like that crack-head.

No crack-head in the history of crack has ever woken up with more crack.

GET MOTIVATED.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

You will be able to trade a can of soup for a pinball machine.

This IS the answer. We ALL can do this!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

#28 2 years ago

have you PLAYED TOM?

#29 2 years ago

ToM sucks, you should aim higher for something better.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Where's that guy trying a Gofund me to get a Supreme pin, when we need him ?

He could assist with this.

LTG : )

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

Buying anything right now is like the stock market ..you will be catching a falling knife....people are asking stupid prices for broken shit and if they are getting what they ask more power to them ....maybe this will last but with hyperinflation I'm betting it will flatten out

This. Not sure how soon, but eventually this. With all the newer manufacturers turning out new titles (some multiple titles a year) the market will flatten out. It may take years, but we will hit market saturation at some point.

#32 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #33 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Yah this... in a world of shitty overpriced games people fawn over for some reason this may be the top of the shit pile.

#34 2 years ago

While we're asking.

I could use a mint TZ, a rocket, a rocket launcher, a castle with a moat and a goat. I'll update this list as necessary so be sure to check back. Also check out my Amazon wishlist!

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

You think a crack-head wakes up in the morning and says "oh, I'm broke. I guess no crack for ME"?
    FUCK NO, homie!
    That crack-head GETS OUT THERE and DOES WHATEVER IT TAKES to get that crack!
    You gotta be like that crack-head.
    No crack-head in the history of crack has ever woken up with more crack.
    GET MOTIVATED.

I like the way this guy thinks.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

My wife wanted a Cirqus Voltaire, because she thought it was "pretty." I did not want it. I thought it was stupid. I hated it when we got it.

Now I'm a Cirqus Voltaire fan, I camp out on it. Like a heroin addict.

She wants a ToM. Who am I to disagree? She has strange wisdom.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

My avatar says this checks out.

LMAO rappin' Rodney

#38 2 years ago

Every time someone asks for a free ToM I go and buy three more for myself.

#39 2 years ago

I sold mine last year. Sorry. If I still had it, I would have given it to you for free! Bad timing on this post, oh well!

#40 2 years ago

Here’s a theatre, I’ll throw in the IJ too

EB53BFFC-5F56-439D-80E4-70A4BC95C175 (resized).jpegEB53BFFC-5F56-439D-80E4-70A4BC95C175 (resized).jpeg

#41 2 years ago

I need to get spoiled, self-righteous college students to help me with my campaign for a free ToM.

They're awesome at convincing people that they are oppressed. Even though they go to an $80,000 a year college and drive a BMW.

It's been like a whole day now that I've been waiting for my free ToM. You know what, eff this. NOW I WANT TWO ToMs. One for a spare.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #42 2 years ago

Why did I read thru this thread expecting something interesting
    Good luck w the search for a free A-Title Bally/Williams…

#43 2 years ago

Here are 15 ToMs. All for free.
    Screenshot_20220311-083617 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220311-083617 (resized).png

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Wait... you got 2 stimulus checks AND can afford to own pinball games?

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Consider more than just the stimulus money for individuals. I know for a fact some businesses were using PPP stimulus money to buy pins and we are talking 100k here, not just 1400...

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Wait... you got 2 stimulus checks AND can afford to own pinball games?

Yup! All thanks to the government, I would be destitute if I didnt get that free money! Now Im comfortably in the middle class without having to work! Starbucks and avocado toast every day, any pinball machine I want. You know, the government shoulda done this a long time ago, fuck having a job!

#47 2 years ago

I have a free TOM. Shipping will run $9250

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have a free TOM. Shipping will run $9250

I'll pick it up!

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beebl:

Consider more than just the stimulus money for individuals. I know for a fact some businesses were using PPP stimulus money to buy pins and we are talking 100k here, not just 1400...

A lot of people needed that money,looks like some didnt and took it anyway.And the businesses that scammed more money are crooks.Seems those that complain loudest about stimulus kept it and say they didnt need it.

#50 2 years ago

There's always Visual Pinball X VR!

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-come-all-the-pinball-machines-are-twice-as-expensive-now?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.