(Topic ID: 311552)

I need someone to give me a Theatre of Magic for free. See details inside!

By irobot

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gandamack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9E16A5E2-3DE9-4827-8292-68FE3C2B7700 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220311-083617 (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    EB53BFFC-5F56-439D-80E4-70A4BC95C175 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Yah this... in a world of shitty overpriced games people fawn over for some reason this may be the top of the shit pile.

I am fawning all over mine right now. Hard. It's disgusting.

#52 2 years ago

Pinball Magic is better and its half the price!

#53 2 years ago

I can't take this any longer.

I need somebody to give me a free Punchy The Clown !

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : For the uninitiated, I'm kidding.

#55 2 years ago

I'd settle for a free hj at this point

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I can't take this any longer.
    I need somebody to give me a free Punchy The Clown !
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : For the uninitiated, I'm kidding.

There's a guy giving out free throat punches in another thread

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

There's a guy giving out free throat punches in another thread

But you have to spend $60-$75 in gas to get that…

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

But you have to spend $60-$75 in gas to get that…

I'm sure it's up to $100 by now

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'd settle for a free hj at this point

Pm sent

#60 2 years ago

Joking aside, I don't think I'm going to buy any more "collector" pins.

I'm an engineer and I have a decent career going, I COULD afford to pay $12,000 for a pinball machine. And it's not like you buy a new pin every day.

But that's just paying too much. Eff it.

I'm just glad I bought into the hobby when I did.

#61 2 years ago

well that escalated quickly

#62 2 years ago

fairly well said.Unfortunately for me the freebies usually dont trickle down to me.I did get about 3k but that didnt buy any titles I care for lately.I will look into this throat punch pin,must be rare.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys...pinball prices. Am I right or what?!?!?!?!
    I get no respect, I'll tell ya. No cheap pins neither!!!
    I got it rough...I whipped out my life savings at the pinball dealership, and the guy said "Ok...now come back when you have the money for the other three legs!"
    It's rough I tell, it's rough. And my doctor, Vinnie Boombatz, he's no help at all. I told him I was in the market for a pinball machine, and he said, oh, that's worse news than I have! And then he sawed off my leg!
    I get no regard at all...no pinball machines neither! I posted a super dumb Greta Thurnberg photo for no apparent reason, and I realized with my wit, and about $20,000...I may be able to buy a broken zizzle!
    It's rough out there, I tell ya!
    These pinball prices man, oh they got me steamin.' And my wife, she ain't no help neither! I brought home the only pinball machine I can afford, and she said the same thing she said on our wedding night: "Does that come in adult size?"
    It's killin' me, these pinball prices!!! I can't take it no more!

I just find cheap machines restore them sell them for four times a much then start to buy the more expensive machines using the money, but yeah everything is expensive right now!

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Are Twilight Zone pinballs really selling for $12,000?

Let’s find out. For sale, amazing TZ. $13,000.

9E16A5E2-3DE9-4827-8292-68FE3C2B7700 (resized).jpeg9E16A5E2-3DE9-4827-8292-68FE3C2B7700 (resized).jpeg

I’ll put a real ad up as soon as I get home to take a full set of pictures instead of the one sitting on my phone.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

I just find cheap machines restore them sell them for four times a much

its ok NYC will be under water in a couple of years due to sea level rise and everything will be going for cheap ....the big flood sale !!!

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

its ok NYC will be under water in a couple of years due to sea level rise and everything will be going for cheap ....the big flood sale !!!

I can see that as more likely than prices coming down soon... these, dare I say, inflated prices aren't going anywhere it seems.

aside from stimulus and ppp, the pandemic brought people indoors... this brought a new market of POTP (people other than pinside) to the pinball table.

I think I had one pin moving into the pandemic and like many others here, expanded. So did the other home users not on pinside. So did the bars and locations that remained open during the pandemic... lots of friends now growing collections.

I think this new user base (baring a total collapse of the actual economy or petrol, not just pinball) is here to stay... though I welcome their fire sales if they ever come.

#67 2 years ago

There's still hope! First fire sale is already here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125452

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

I think this new user base

I know you are right there. I think the prices of newer machines will be going up because that is how it has seemed to trend in the past three years. limited supply and high demand however I see most of the older common 60's 70's and 80's machines falling back to what I would consider a normal value and dropping off like bingo machines as time goes on. Not enough bells and whistles to keep the new generation happy.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

I just find cheap machines restore them sell them for four times a much then start to buy the more expensive machines using the money, but yeah everything is expensive right now!

In 30 years if I'm not dead I'm getting into this but toppers

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I am fawning all over mine right now. Hard. It's disgusting.

Fawn away... just dont play it like most owners.

#71 2 years ago

I have magic theater for you. Kindly send 5000 dollar us and when my agent bring delivery you will receceive magic theater pinball game and 6000 dollar us

#72 2 years ago

Okay, I made this thread as a joke, to mock (a little) on people who complain about high prices.

Like as if a.) complaining will fix it, or b.) they themselves would sell their own pins at half price in order to be a good guy.

There are "price complaining" threads on every collector forum you can think of.

Here's what's probably going to happen:

The price of the 1990s Bally-Williams "grail" pins like TAF, TZ, etc will continue to rise until it becomes profitable to reproduce them.

When these effers hit $15,000, you're going to see Pinball Shoppes start making brand new ones to sell.

Just like you can now literally build an entire 1969 Camaro from the reproduction part vendors.

The free market allows no vacuum to exist.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Okay, I made this thread as a joke, to mock (a little) on people who complain about high prices.
    Like as if a.) complaining will fix it, or b.) they themselves would sell their own pins at half price in order to be a good guy.
    There are "price complaining" threads on every collector forum you can think of.
    Here's what's probably going to happen:
    The price of the 1990s Bally-Williams "grail" pins like TAF, TZ, etc will continue to rise until it becomes profitable to reproduce them.
    When these effers hit $15,000, you're going to see Pinball Shoppes start making brand new ones to sell.
    Just like you can now literally build an entire 1969 Camaro from the reproduction part vendors.
    The free market allows no vacuum to exist.

CGC has the rights to remake most of the classic bally Williams games, but they can never seem to get their act together enough to capitalize on the demand. Every remake release so far has come with unnecessary missteps and long delays. I'm at the point where I don't even care if they remake games that I want, because I know it won't be a smooth transaction if I ever try to buy one (again).

1 week later
    #74 2 years ago

I can remember when pinball prices were low - bought Fathom, 700, Black Knight, 300, and Whitewater was around 1000. Of course, I also remember when people kept their ugly uninformed politics off the pinball news groups and forums, and just talked about pinball. Sadly we no longer live in those times.

#75 2 years ago

I just want to say that the title of this forum makes me smile each time I see it

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-how-come-all-the-pinball-machines-are-twice-as-expensive-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.