You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2279.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago

Got my Premium in December 2016 and still play it more than any other game in my collection of 10 games (mostly A-List). Four thoughts, and some of this is might be obvious. 1) In this game, you gotta have the Premium. The side-to-side moving slimer, magna-slings, 3D molded buildings, hologram, subway, crossover ramp... all together it's a much better game than the Pro in my opinion. 2) The game is fun and, obviously, quite challenging. That's an important combination. I've never completed all three ladders in one game but it always feels like it's possible. If it was just challenging and not fun I'd get tired of it. But it's fun and I keep wanting to play it "one more time", often trying different strategies. 3) Many will find that this game needs to be tweaked, tuned, and/or modded until it feels right (and even starts to feel like an A-List game). I currently have slightly longer flippers with slightly tightened-up outlanes, ColorDMD (single color for now), PDI glass, interactive walking stay-puft (with improved lighting), interactive Ecto-1, and some other minor tweaks. 4) It's overdue for a code update. I'm kinda pissed at Stern about that but hopefully it will come soon, and maybe full ColorDMD colorization after that.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've changed the hex screw. I've changed the slingshot connection. I've trimmed off 1/8" of blue rubber. Torqued the ramp as much as I could to be more angled towards the flipper trajectory, bent the right metal guide so it forms like a condom to the side of the ramp. I've done it all, and improved the rejection rate I had that was 95% when I got the game, and have to down to 50% rejection rate.

My crossover ramp works perfectly after installing a shorter hex post. I found that it needs to be pretty short (so the switch lug is less than 1mm above the plastic, as pointed out in the photo). My Coil Pulse Strength = Soft. My incline is 6-1/2 degrees (according to my Craftsman level).

IMG_2279.jpgIMG_2279.jpg
#71 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Every game will not suit every person, so advise you to find one and play if in doubt
that aside, it is a fun game and keeps me coming back.
- theme is awesome
- sounds and music awesome
- full playfield (toys), unique layout which is fun and good to different compared to many games that seem to have repeated features
* some people complain about the ladder modes but on the flip side it keeps you coming back to try and complete the ladders which is a good thing.
* personally not a fan of scoleri brother drops but I am working on an alternative there
* the software / rules could do with some polish but it has been mentioned that stern will be updating this game so hopefully by the end of the year we have a nice update and make the game even better and sure once done colordmd will create a colour dmd for the game and would be sweet.
* a few of the targets create airballs but there are a few solutions now so a non issue
fun game if you are tempted go for it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Scoleri targets. My main complaint about those is that they are black plastic with a dark decal and no lighting (a design decision that makes me scratch my head). For now, the hack I came up with is to light them up from underneath using long flat lead wedge sockets (insulated with heat-shrink tubing), soldered to the Tony and Nunzio insert sockets. I bent the leads (like a Gumby doll) so 4-LED lamps are aimed up through the playfield at the drop targets.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

So, is there anything that could be included in the final updated version that would turn the haters here to lovers? Or is there more to your dislike than the code?

It's always tough to turn a hater into a lover. In general though, here are my thoughts. The Ecto Goggles could be better integrated (it's too much of a nothing-burger right now). The red inserts in the outlanes need to be relevant (maybe part of a proton-stream feature, a chance to get your ball back, or something). Are You a God is still missing, right (I've never gotten that far)? Maybe some tweaks to increase ball times and/or make things easier (but make them OPTIONAL settings). When the code is finished, I wouldn't be surprised if full ColorDMD colorization follows at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ghostbusters?tu=paul_from_gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.