You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2279.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 5 years ago

I really enjoy mine. It's been on location since the launch party and is pretty well liked. Can it be frustrating? Yes, but I'm glad it's not super easy. I have mine set to 1 extra ball at 3 modes and both kickouts go to the left flipper. It plays very fair and players never get hosed by the left kickout.

I'm a fan of the right ladder, but tend to get stuck at Gozer. I try to start Storage Facility with that mode so my odds of finishing it are better. If nothing else, maybe survive for 40 seconds and it'll just time out. The bad thing there is then you have to hit Slimer to light modes again. I think that's the part that trips most players up, again, not super easy.

The video mode argument is tough to get behind. Sure, you finish it and get mid 50 million points. I'll do We Got One, finish it in 3 shots and have 21 million and go right into Spook Central and lock it in for 15.6m most of the time. I'm about to beat your best video mode score, continue rolling through valuable modes, and you now have to go to town on Slimer. If I drain, I'm trying for lighting the multipliers because I'm either in a mode of have them lit. What does a video mode player do on ball 2? It's the Little King's beginner strategy for a reason.

Have I scored 7 million on GB? Many times. Have I scored a billion+ before? Quite a few times. The scoring is hugely imbalanced, but getting a hold of the game and breaking into the billions is an amazing ride. Coming back from a certain defeat by getting into and rocking the sh!t out of Stay Puft for a last ball last player victory is an amazing feeling.

The game is exciting. It screams "TRY ME" and will beat you down from time to time, but when you hook a monster hold on for the ride!

1 month later
#157 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I hope with the new code they can make those red inserts more useful - staying lit permanently for a feature: like proton beams, reverse flippers as have another mod idea.
I would like to see if you collected gear there were some game play benefits

With Dwight's recent interview on the Special When Lit podcast, he mentioned how he thinks the game is a little to hard. I have said a few times that if no mode is lit that the 4 major shots should pulse or something to show that you want to hit them. Hitting 3 of the 4 would lit the modes. Then the GHOST target doesn't have much need/use. The red lights should be turned into a Rescue/Revive situation. You spell GHOST once and they come on for a ball save on both outlanes. If you want it a second time it's 2 hits per letter. Now the inserts have a use and the GHOST target isn't cast off into not being used.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice ideas, send them to dwight especially the GHOST and Rescue / Revive concept

No idea how to do that.

3 months later
#183 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Preach! Single best post ever written about Ghostbusters, by someone who is clearly both a great player and thoughtful operator.

Yesss. I got some ribbing from friends about "cheating" when I disabled them on my Pro at home. I like hard games, but those targets are just zero fun. I paid $5k to have fun! ...and then I finally sold the frustrating P.O.S.

What happens to the mode when you disable them? Is it just skipped, or do other shots take the place o the drop targets for credit/completion?

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I look at them more as a penalty for flailing about and hitting the captive ball unintentionally. I actually like them during storage multiball.

I sort of look at them like this too. The timer for hitting the captive ball the first time will time out soon enough, so cradle up and wait a few seconds. Break the "rule" and get punished.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ghostbusters?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.