You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2279.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

I still enjoy my GB a lot. Love the looks and the gameplay for the most part. My only beef with it, (premium version) is the right side spiral ramp on the premium. It's fatially flawed. Even with 9 hours of tweeking, trying to minimize the resistance to the ball, I still have a 50% failure rate. Ball flies up to the top, stops and comes back down. SHould have been a flip up scoop like on wheel of fortune. Nice smooth transaction.

Yes flipper gap is a PIA, but if you dont' like, just change to the carrot style flippers and now your game is a standard gap.

#47 5 years ago

i've changed the hex screw. I've changed the slingshot connection. I've trimmed off 1/8" of blue rubber. Torqued the ramp as much as I could to be more angled towards the flipper trajectory, bent the right metal guide so it forms like a condom to the side of the ramp. I've done it all, and improved the rejection rate I had that was 95% when I got the game, and have to down to 50% rejection rate.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Interesting. I may have put the shortest hex screw you can possibly put in there. Again, I am not sure what size it was but mine works great.

seems they are hit or miss. Some premiums it's fine, others are not. LIke the ramps are made wrong or warped or something.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

My crossover ramp works perfectly after installing a shorter hex post. I found that it needs to be pretty short (so the switch lug is less than 1mm above the plastic, as pointed out in the photo). My Coil Pulse Strength = Soft. My incline is 6-1/2 degrees (according to my Craftsman level).

maybe I need to use a shorter one. I'll give it a look again and screw with it more

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Also shave down the blue nub as small as you can go to just stop it from the ball doing damage.
It definitely make the shot repeatable.

i've already done that. I cut off about 1/8". That did help open it up a bit.

1 month later
#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1. Spike is fine

Everything else was ok. But spike is not fine. If you have a short attention span and don't keep games longer than 6 months and can't fix shit on your games. Sure spike is fine right now for you. But down the road 5-10 years from now. Stern has made ALL spike games disposable as it currently stands. Nearly every game has unique boards. Nobody has any schematics for any of them. so.... once stern stops making those boards and the replacement supply dries up. Guess what. When you fry node boards, good luck ever getting the game running again.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well theres a big difference in something being a bummer and something being disposable, don't you think? I say who cares if you gotta buy a new board once in awhile.

because there will be a time the boards will not be available. You have to be able to fix things.

It's nice to be able to keep your games running (like system 11's) for parts that cost .01 cents (diodes). Or .85 cents (transistors).

At this point, nobody is going to make these boards in the future, because nobody has schematics, and practically every game has unique boards that only work with that game. Who the hell wants to put the time and money into trying to reverse engineer a node board for aerosmith, just to possible sell 10 of them because they don't work for anything else.

so yeah.....your game will be disposable.

the only reason you have people making repro boards now for older games, is because most boards work for like 12 different games, so they work for 100,000 games that are out in the wild. Nobody is producing boards this complex for 1 game that might have a production run of 200.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Has there been any reason given for lack of schematics?

I think the reason is, Stern secretly wants their games to be disposable. What better way to have people keep buying games, if they are unable to be fixed in 10-15 years. With this new breed of collector Stern gets to sell to. They can do shit like this and get away with it. If they tried this 15 years ago.... OPS would have had a shit fit and would have crippled the sales.

2 weeks later
#172 5 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

I have played GB at three different locations. Logged about 20 or so games I guess.
Flipper gap in itself is not the problem. The problem is it exists in the same game as jets that have an uncanny way of dropping it SDTM, an annoying Slimer bash toy that has a tendency to bring it straight down the middle, plus a library kickout that shoots too close to the gap, plus balls that hop over the rail from the inlane to outlane, plus crazy airballs that have rebounded behind the flippers so it doesn't matter what the gap is. Indefensible drains.
That the designer is in jail and is now finishef with pinball doesn't affect my take on the game. Probably affecting it more is it's the only game on location within 20 minutes of home right now. And too often I'm feeling ripped off instead of having fun. Even on free play with a bunch of other pins in the house, I feel like I could be playing something better instead.

you might need to level the back of the machine better. I never get drains out of the pops. Sample around with the back legs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ghostbusters?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.