You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2279.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

I had one for about a year I loved it. But I can see the frustrations around the machine.

There is a ton of airballs.
-The scoleri targets.
-The Targets near the ramps
- Right orbit ( i would shoot the right and it would snag the right gate. Or Hit the city plastic) and airball.
- Shooter lane was air balling hitting staypuff or catching the metal screw in the lane.

No amount of code can fix core gameplay. I love and hate the machine, excellent sound, art, code can always be fixed but it didn't bug me. Its a fun pin, till you brick shots and the airballs go over the flippers. and yes i had drain buster mods.

#102 5 years ago

Do you guys think because of JTs situation that stern has completely abandoned GB ?

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Do you guys think because of JTs situation that stern has completely abandoned GB ?

No .

#104 5 years ago

Anything more to add ?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I got a premium a couple weeks ago and it's pretty rough out of the box. After playing it a bit and tweaking it a lot I think it's great. I did tap the lane dividers up to .700", closed the inlanes, and lowered the right ramp 3/8". Between those and turning the coil power down to low(can still backhand the left ramp), all of the issues except for airballs which I'm still waiting on a plastic to arrive for, have been solved. The outlanes weren't too bad really, but being on location that helped make up for the excessive amount of center drains. My only real complains at this point are minor code things, like adding a 2 second ball save after mass hysteria that puts you back in single ball play.

Yeah the end of Mass Hysteria has to be fixed. One time I saw ball 2 draining so I trapped up the remaining ball, and the flippers *dropped* when the mode ended! Seriously?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Anything more to add ?

They showed pictures of it being heavily promoted at Comic-Con. I think it's just on the back burner while they focus on other games and let that situation die down a little bit more.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I don't see how one person on a teams behavior would halt Stern on still supporting this title. I went to the Stern factory back in February and they were still pumping out Ghostbusters. It was crazy how many they had on the floor that day. It sounds like the update is going to be a little polish and that's it. Dwight Sullivan was on a podcast recently and he acted like he was done with that game. Sounded like he was going to touch up a few things but move on. I think the lack of code updates on this one is Dwight not really wanting to work on it and just too busy on other pins to go back and really doesn't care to put in extra time after work to make it better. I'm hoping one of the new coders at Stern takes the lead on it and finishes it up. I really love this game and would like to see some more love for it once it gets its final update (if ever).

#108 5 years ago

Does the designer really have much to do with code updates once the game is in production? I would JT's status would have very little to do with code updates.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I don't see how one person on a teams behavior would halt Stern on still supporting this title. I went to the Stern factory back in February and they were still pumping out Ghostbusters. It was crazy how many they had on the floor that day. It sounds like the update is going to be a little polish and that's it. Dwight Sullivan was on a podcast recently and he acted like he was done with that game. Sounded like he was going to touch up a few things but move on. I think the lack of code updates on this one is Dwight not really wanting to work on it and just too busy on other pins to go back and really doesn't care to put in extra time after work to make it better. I'm hoping one of the new coders at Stern takes the lead on it and finishes it up. I really love this game and would like to see some more love for it once it gets its final update (if ever).

I talked to Melissa at CoinTaker today, and she said they are expecting another shipment of pros in a week or two (CT is sold out). They are being produced right now.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does the designer really have much to do with code updates once the game is in production? I would JT's status would have very little to do with code updates.

No. Unless that was their role as well. I don't believe JT had any input on the rules for GB. That was all Dwight.

Quoted from JodyG:

I talked to Melissa at CoinTaker today, and she said they are expecting another shipment of pros in a week or two (CT is sold out). They are being produced right now.

I wonder how many they have produced so far. It will be very interesting to see final numbers once the production is done.

#111 5 years ago

It will be very interesting to see final numbers once the production is done.

Sadly that doesn't happen anymore so we'll never know.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

They showed pictures of it being heavily promoted at Comic-Con. I think it's just on the back burner while they focus on other games and let that situation die down a little bit more.

They have a GB experience at comi-con but I dont think they are promoting GB pinball.

#113 5 years ago

I sure hope it's not just a polish job

So much potential , so much not finished .

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly that doesn't happen anymore so we'll never know.

Is it possible to compare serial numbers to get an idea?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is it possible to compare serial numbers to get an idea?

Don't know, but I'm ASSuming someone would have figured that out by now.

#116 5 years ago

I don’t own a Stern game, but GB pro is the game I always wanted. I think the rules with the ladders are quite clever (three sets of modes with a wizard mode after is kind of unique). I enjoy GB the most every time I visit the dealer. I really like the music, so many different themes and variations. I like the right ramp - kind of like Diner - the cleaner your shot the better your score - I’ve wondered if you can get such a clean shot the ball goes all the way around. I wish I could get a GB Pro with magnaslings. I don’t like the ramps and the ectogoggles on the Prem - they block so much view. I think what has prevented me so far are 1. Spike, 2. Flipper gap, 3. Playfield issues, 4. complaints on Pinside. 5. the ball seems to spend too much time in the pops. While I’m still thinking about it I’ll continue to play it on Pinball Arcade.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I don’t own a Stern game, but GB pro is the game I always wanted. I think the rules with the ladders are quite clever (three sets of modes with a wizard mode after is kind of unique). I enjoy GB the most every time I visit the dealer. I really like the music, so many different themes and variations. I like the right ramp - kind of like Diner - the cleaner your shot the better your score - I’ve wondered if you can get such a clean shot the ball goes all the way around. I wish I could get a GB Pro with magnaslings. I don’t like the ramps and the ectogoggles on the Prem - they block so much view. I think what has prevented me so far are 1. Spike, 2. Flipper gap, 3. Playfield issues, 4. complaints on Pinside. 5. the ball seems to spend too much time in the pops. While I’m still thinking about it I’ll continue to play it on Pinball Arcade.

1. Spike is fine
2. Flipper gap is not a big deal.
3. Playfield issues are no more
4. Pinside is full of complainers, that’ll never change
5. I never really noticed the ball spending too much time in the pops

The Premium is more fun than the Pro
Pinball arcade is awesome but something just isnt right about the GB table on there, they effed it up bad.

Ghostbusters is awesome, no reason at all not to get one if you want one.

#118 5 years ago

1. Spike is fine : i just can't force myself to believe this :/
2. Flipper gap is not a big deal : right, as if needed, there're 2 easy options available
3. Playfield issues are no more : better say : playfield issues should be no more...
4. Pinside is full of complainers, that’ll never change : lol
5. I never really noticed the ball spending too much time in the pops : hard to say what is "to much", but on mine yes, ball seems to spend quite a good time in there (not a prob, may be just linked to the slope !?)

anyway, knowing what is wroten on this topic, if someone want a GB, than go for it

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

1. Spike is fine : i just can't force myself to believe this :/
2. Flipper gap is not a big deal : right, as if needed, there're 2 easy options available
3. Playfield issues are no more : better say : playfield issues should be no more...
4. Pinside is full of complainers, that’ll never change : lol
5. I never really noticed the ball spending too much time in the pops : hard to say what is "to much", but on mine yes, ball seems to spend quite a good time in there (not a prob, may be just linked to the slope !?)
anyway, knowing what is wroten on this topic, if someone want a GB, than go for it

The water is fine, come on in!

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1. Spike is fine
Pinball arcade is awesome but something just isnt right about the GB table on there, they effed it up bad.

Agree!

Mine does seems to get the ball stuck in the pops but heck, it gives you awards so why complain? It also doesn't seem like TOO long considering the duration of the typical game.

I don't understand the SPIKE fear. Sites like Pinside can magnify a non-issue into an issue. People don't typically post "Man, my spike game has been flawless", the complainers are more likely to sound louder than the satisfied customers.

BTW: Man, my 3 spike games have been just as reliable as my SAM, Whitestar, WPC, etc. games.

#121 5 years ago

You don't need to fear Spike systems. It's the state of the art . this progresses more and more with some benefits like smaller parts, less heat, less cooling needed, less parts needed, better sound, better using of the components.

And if there is a malfunction you will find someone who can repair the SMD technic.

Look in a WPC95 Backbox so many boards, heatsinks, wires and stuff...
Why not use the modern technic to create some New, fresh and cool games?

PS: love my GB

IMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_182001 (resized).jpg
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

You don't need to fear Spike systems. It's the state of the art . this progresses more and more with some benefits like smaller parts, less heat, less cooling needed, less parts needed, better sound, better using of the components.
And if there is a malfunction you will find someone who can repair the SMD technic.

Everything you said is true, but why are the prices higher and higher than ever before? You look in a new Stern backbox and there is one tiny little board, you'd think that cost savings would pass on to the consumer? I guess I should not assume that.

#123 5 years ago

"I don't understand the SPIKE fear. Sites like Pinside can magnify a non-issue into an issue. People don't typically post "Man, my spike game has been flawless", the complainers are more likely to sound louder than the satisfied customers"

of course +1000...
but we can't ignore that more than few probs occurs (and until now, has to be said too, STERN is behind customers)

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

On the flip side discrete boards mean that if your sound fails then you replace the audio board, at a reduced cost compared to replacing the power board, CPU board, etc.

On a single board system if your sound fails you have to replace the one board that does everything, even if everything else in the game is still working, at a significant cost.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#125 5 years ago

Hmm i'm not sure when the costsavings will reach the customers. Look at the IT-Business every invention ( example Graphikcards, SSDs, RAM) will be me more expensive then the generation before. And also the additional costs will riss ( electricity, salaries, new machinery, etc.....) i think and hope when stern will produce some more new Spike system pins we get a chance to benefit from the costsavings

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

On the flip side discrete boards mean that if your sound fails then you replace the audio board, at a reduced cost compared to replacing the power board, CPU board, etc.
On a single board system if your sound fails you have to replace the one board that does everything, even if everything else in the game is still working, at a significant cost.

Yes that is the flip side it would be better if we had one board with several zones which can be repaired independently of each other

#128 5 years ago

Yes rarehero we know what you want to say but with you defamed kind of writing you sound like a like a stupid person who just has boredom.... All pisiders know you hatte the game

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

SAM and whitestar are worse in this regard. They have a total of 2 boards with everything on them. One has the CPU, sound and display driver (some titles have a separate power supply and driver board for the display), the other has the power supply, solenoid drivers and the lamp and switch matrices.

Spike has a separate modern switching power supply (no transformer). One board with the CPU, display and sound drivers. But the real beauty is the distributed boards with switch inputs, controlled lamp outputs and solenoid outputs. This GREATLY reduces the complexity of wiring in a game (short runs from each board under the PF rather than many long runs into the backbox). Plus for those people that cannot replace a driver transistor themselves can remove a small board and either buy a new one or send off the small board for repair. Much easier than sending off a 10" by 14" (or so) SAM or Whitestar power/driver board.

Granted, Stern charges too much for replacement boards ($200+ for a node board but what manufacturer doesn't charge too much for replacement parts (see: automobiles).

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

you sound like a like a stupid person

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Yes rarehero we know what you want to say but with you defamed kind of writing you sound like a like a stupid person who just has boredom.... All pisiders know you hatte the game

He just wants to make sure that everyone knows that he hates Ghostbusters. Sometimes saying something a million times just isnt enough, know what i mean?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

but why are the prices higher and higher than ever before?

Because they keep raising the price and people keep buying. ...its really that simple. I do believe that alot of people though are at their limit and its going to hurt them if they keep raising prices.

#134 5 years ago

Thats because we get sick of hearing your hate for Ghostbusters. I mean seriously, we really don't want to hear it anymore. You are a broken record dude and nobody cares what you have to say anymore about Ghostbusters. We know that you hate the game because we've heard you say it 10 million times at least so PLEASE.....move on!!

#135 5 years ago

That is not problem for me. Its ok that you hate the game i fine with it. But the "aggressiv" way you choose to show it is exhausting and annoying.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats because we get sick of hearing your hate for Ghostbusters. I mean seriously, we really don't want to hear it anymore. You are a broken record dude and nobody cares what you have to say anymore about Ghostbusters. We know that you hate the game because we've heard you say it 10 million times at least so PLEASE.....move on!!

I did move on. First post in the topic in 8 months. Tons of others say the same, why pick on me? We’ve heard you get on both knees for Trudeau 10 million times. If you can praise the game I can criticize it. Don’t be a snowflake.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We know that you hate the game because we've heard you say it 10 million times at least so PLEASE.....move on!!

I dunno man, there’s been a lot of new members here in the past 8 months, they might not know!

As somebody who owns and enjoys a GB, I laugh my ass off every time RH goes off on one of his tangents.... it’s not like he’s insulting your mom or calling you a dick for liking it.

As far as I can recall he generally comes up with fresh, creative, insults every time the record spins around. So... yeah, maybe I’m in the minority but a funny broken record is still funny!

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

it’s not like he’s insulting your mom or calling you a dick

No he just says im getting on my knees for Trudeau 10 million times. I cant even say what I'd really like to say about him right now without getting moderated so i will just leave it at that.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No he just says im getting on my knees for Trudeau 10 million times. I cant even say what I'd really like to say about him right now without getting moderated so i will just leave it at that.

Yo mama, Richard.

#140 5 years ago

And he's outta here.....thank God! Now, back to how great Ghostbusters is.......carry on people.

#141 5 years ago

Great game, art, different layout especially in premium!

Tough game but that is the best part about it, keeps me coming back for more!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1. Spike is fine

Ditto that x10

-removed-

#143 5 years ago

A face only a purp'd mother could love indeed.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

They have a GB experience at comi-con but I dont think they are promoting GB pinball.

Multiple pins (Pro and Premium) and a promotional standee. Looks pretty good to me.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#145 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Multiple pins (Pro and Premium) and a promotional standee. Looks pretty good to me.

Isn't that the stern/ OC pinball booth

#146 5 years ago

Why no toppers?

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1. Spike is fine

Everything else was ok. But spike is not fine. If you have a short attention span and don't keep games longer than 6 months and can't fix shit on your games. Sure spike is fine right now for you. But down the road 5-10 years from now. Stern has made ALL spike games disposable as it currently stands. Nearly every game has unique boards. Nobody has any schematics for any of them. so.... once stern stops making those boards and the replacement supply dries up. Guess what. When you fry node boards, good luck ever getting the game running again.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Everything else was ok. But spike is not fine. If you have a short attention span and don't keep games longer than 6 months and can't fix shit on your games. Sure spike is fine right now for you. But down the road 5-10 years from now. Stern has made ALL spike games disposable as it currently stands. Nearly every game has unique boards. Nobody has any schematics for any of them. so.... once stern stops making those boards and the replacement supply dries up. Guess what. When you fry node boards, good luck ever getting the game running again.

Sorry Neo i just dont believe that. If there is demand someone will make replacement boards for these games. There is a solution to every problem almost. Im sure that when system 11 games came out the old timers were probably saying the same thing that you are right now. I bet it was all gloom and doom and here we are today with people making new boards for those games.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet it was all gloom and doom and here we are today with people making new boards for those games.

Once again, if you're just a cash machine owner and don't know how to fix anything that's fine, probably nothing will change for you. You'll hand over monies to someone making a product for you and that's the end of it. (hopefully)
For people that actually know how to fix things, it's a real bummer. A fix that now costs under a couple bucks, is a mystery because no one knows how the boards work and you cant just de/resolder shit in there.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Once again, if you're just a cash machine owner and don't know how to fix anything that's fine, probably nothing will change for you. You'll hand over monies to someone making a product for you and that's the end of it. (hopefully)
For people that actually know how to fix things, it's a real bummer. A fix that now costs under a couple bucks, is a mystery because no one knows how the boards work and you cant just de/resolder shit in there.

Well theres a big difference in something being a bummer and something being disposable, don't you think? I say who cares if you gotta buy a new board once in awhile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ghostbusters/page/3?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.