Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TomWhalenJabba_(resized).jpg
    star-wars-poster-gabz-variant_(resized).jpg
    starwarsdetours8262012_(resized).png
    818_10153413169337727_7200142925488986154_n_(resized).jpg
    12800294_10153415078262727_6820642330825078247_n_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Holy Schite!!! That would be so freakin sweet! Fingers crossed!

#2 8 years ago

Please, saw gb today at stern and it is flat out unreal.

#3 8 years ago

The design looks amazing as well. I am super impressed with this one

#4 8 years ago

The overall design and artwork was interesting, but it seems like Yeti has some trouble with the likenesses of well-known faces.

If Yeti does all the artwork, but leaves the likenesses to another artist, I'm sure it would turn out well.

#5 8 years ago

Really put your glasses back on Kent ^

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Please, God, no...

#7 8 years ago

I love the hand drawn look of GB, but I think I would prefer StarWars use movie assets. I am probably in the minority though.

#8 8 years ago

No, Heavy Metal, as in the old comic.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I love the hand drawn look of GB, but I think I would prefer StarWars use movie assets. I am probably in the minority though.

Photorealistic hand-drawn art, like they did with GOT LE, would be the best (but not least expensive) route, I think.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

The way I see it, you would either have something closer to DESW (drawn) or SWT (photo assets). I prefer drawn, rather than photos.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The way I see it, you would either have something closer to DESW (drawn) or SWT (photo assets). I prefer drawn, rather than photos.

I was thinking more like TRON or Hobbit...

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I was thinking more like TRON or Hobbit...

Hobbit artwork might be a bit too fancy and intricate for SW. It does look really good, though.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Agreed - Just like the original movie theater poster with Luke over Leia holding the saber with a Vader background (If I remember it right)

Photo is always one specific snapshot during the memory. A drawn image is a blending so you can mentally apply it to many memories. (it that make sense)

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The overall design and artwork was interesting, but it seems like Yeti has some trouble with the likenesses of well-known faces.
    If Yeti does all the artwork, but leaves the likenesses to another artist, I'm sure it would turn out well.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout ForceFlow?

From Jeremy's Facebook page:

12800294_10153415078262727_6820642330825078247_n_(resized).jpg12800294_10153415078262727_6820642330825078247_n_(resized).jpg

818_10153413169337727_7200142925488986154_n_(resized).jpg818_10153413169337727_7200142925488986154_n_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

Those sketches are magic, girl!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout ForceFlow?
    From Jeremy's Facebook page:

12800294_10153415078262727_6820642330825078247_n_(resized).jpg818_10153413169337727_7200142925488986154_n_(resized).jpg

Well, those look better than what ended up on the final artwork.

#17 8 years ago

wow just wow!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, those look better than what ended up on the final artwork.

I think the second looks less realistic than the translite Murray... it looks like it is for a Saturday morning kid's animated Ghostbusters cartoon. The first Murray looks like it would work on a more adult oriented Ghostbusters for the SWIM network, and translite Murray looks like yet another rendition. Give ZY credit for his ability to render a single character in so many different ways... the purpose of comic art is for creativity.

#19 8 years ago

I bet Harrison Ford would even sign that translite!

#20 8 years ago

The best art on a stern ever!

#21 8 years ago

Well, if Ritchie does Star Wars, then I'm slightly worried. I like his games...but his Stern lineup isn't exactly awesome art-wise.

WPT
    T3
    Star Trek
    Spider-Man
    Elvis
    Game of Thrones
    Facey-DC

I'm not knocking his Stern games...I'm just saying that, for whatever reason, they just don't have the greatest of art packages.

(What's the best looking game listed above? Spider-Man?)

Pete

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

The best art on a stern ever!

...is what blind people are saying.

#23 8 years ago

Don't worry folks, I'm sure Aurich will have your alternate translite soon enough.

#24 8 years ago

starwarsdetours8262012_(resized).pngstarwarsdetours8262012_(resized).png

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Photorealistic hand-drawn art, like they did with GOT LE, would be the best (but not least expensive) route, I think.

Agreed.

I think ZY's stuff is a perfect fit for a whimsical theme like ghostbuster (or MG).

SW has a much different vibe and would require a different approach- IMO.

#26 8 years ago

yeti is great, however for Star Wars...This guy gets my pick.

star-wars-poster-gabz-variant_(resized).jpgstar-wars-poster-gabz-variant_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

Not with all those outlines around the artwork and people facing the same direction.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not with all those outlines around the artwork and people facing the same direction.

I never said it was good....just the best from that list.

What's YOUR pick?

Pete

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I never said it was good....just the best from that list.
    What's YOUR pick?
    Pete

I was joking of course; call back to an old thread.

Anyway, I agree it would have to be SM by quite a bit. Star trek doesn't blow me away but I think it's fine...big drop off after that.
    Almost all the rest are just complete bottom dwellers.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from miguelortega:

This guy gets my pick.

star-wars-poster-gabz-variant_(resized).jpg

Agreed. This is exactly the art direction I would want in a Star Wars pin. I mean no offense to Yeti as his work is amazing!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Contact the artist and ask him to do a custom Star Wars work for you and see what he says. If he is willing and you agree on a price see what he comes up with. That would be awesome to have a ZY original, but imagine how special that piece would be if Stern did come out with SW and he was the artist! Ahh!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

No, Heavy Metal, as in the old comic.

heavy metal would be awesome. That's the reason I searched for years to get a Miss World, is because the art reminded me of heavy metal.

#33 8 years ago

I've seen so many different takes on Star Wars that I'd love to see a ZY Star Wars art package. Sure, there are plenty of cut/paste assets to use, and the photorealistic poster art is totally badass, but there have been awesome comics and fan-art in different styles too. I'm not sure a photorealistic Star Wars poster style is the best for a pinball playfield, especially if we get a chopped up movie poster and not a custom playfield.

#34 8 years ago

When Star Wars happens they will be handcuffed. They will receive a package of clip art to use in the game like what happened with Avengers.

#35 8 years ago

they didn't seem that restrictive with tron. that was disney

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they didn't seem that restrictive with tron. that was disney

The art is all pre-approved clip art on Tron. What do you mean by restrictive?

#37 8 years ago

with tron development, they didn't seem from what i've heard, to deny that much. They were pretty open with whatever. Not like it was with lucas arts. They are were nazi's when it came to approving stuff. I think it's easier to deal with Disney.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

with tron development, they didn't seem from what i've heard, to deny that much. They were pretty open with whatever. Not like it was with lucas arts. They are were nazi's when it came to approving stuff. I think it's easier to deal with Disney.

I guess so...I'm just saying there is no way we get hand-drawn art on a SW pin in today's world. Best case scenario it turns out similar to Hobbit.

#39 8 years ago

Corporate won't chance any of the Star Wars characters appearing as Murray does on the GB translite.

#40 8 years ago

I don't know why you guys give so much shit about how murray looks. He gives dumb ass looks like that all the time. I think he looks fine.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, if Ritchie does Star Wars, then I'm slightly worried. I like his games...but his Stern lineup isn't exactly awesome art-wise.
    WPT
    T3
    Star Trek
    Spider-Man
    Elvis
    Game of Thrones
    Facey-DC
    I'm not knocking his Stern games...I'm just saying that, for whatever reason, they just don't have the greatest of art packages.
    Pete

I don't think his Williams games had any better artwork. T2 is one of the ugliest games ever made and a lot more could have happened art wise with sttng. Getaway looks terrible art wise. No fear is probably his nicest looking game followed by Spider-Man which would look tons better with different sling plastics.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't think his Williams games had any better artwork. T2 is one of the ugliest games ever made and a lot more could have happened art wise with sttng. Getaway looks terrible art wise. No fear is probably his nicest looking game followed by Spider-Man which would look tons better with different sling plastics.

No, no, no...Rollergames is, by far, the most awesome.

...well, I'm off to drink a nice, cold, Slice beverage.

Pete

#43 8 years ago

It would never happen, but I'd love Tom Whalen's art on a Star Wars pin. Or anything.

Tom Whalen JabbaTom Whalen Jabba

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-gb-yetti-art-is-sick-could-you-imagine-star-wars-yetti-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.