Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171013_151003 (resized).jpg
    CAM00523 (resized).jpg
    450B6D5D-8F71-4849-AB3B-3A98FC7BCCBC (resized).jpeg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago

Mike is a nice guy.

All of his stuff is WAY overpriced and takes advantage of noobs so he can build a business. You can view it as he has overhead, retail space, blah blah blah. i view it as a guy that makes it a full time gig out of flipping pinball machines. He hunts down the goods deals making ot harder for hobbyiests to find them. HE shops them out and then charges almost double value in some cases. His buyers are more and more of the new people coming into the hobby that have more money than most of us and are happy to have his "service".

I agree that I would like to be able to filter his junk from the market and not see it. IF it means I need to ignore Mike altogether then so be it.

Again, I think Mike is a nice guy. however, I don't care for his business or business practices. i think it is fair to have both oppinions as the same time.

Retail guys unfortunately have a place in the hobby and that seems to be growing based on the influx of ritchie riches.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

So you think there should be no retail outlets for pinball? Keep pinball away from new blood so the hobbyist can buy all the games? I dont understand, just because he charges retail and we like to buy wholesale he shouldnt charge what he needs/wants too?
    Should all new pinball fans seek out a wise guru like you to hold their hand, or should they have a store where they can learn/play different stuff and make an educated decision?
    You mentioned with distain that rich people are coming into the hobby and buying his stuff, how does that hurt you?

Nope,I just want a pinside feature to block me from seeing retail crap.

As for noobs, will continue to provide assistance and warn them which retailers to avoid completely and why.

I have no disdain for rithcie riches, just pointing out the reality of our hobby. I actually am thankful of the uneducated rich dudes that have plenty of money to buy whatever they want. those are many of the guys supporting the NIB portion of the hobby and helping to ensure more new games come out. WIthout rich dudes and operators the current state of the hobby does not exist

#77 6 years ago

Just to be clear, I never was interested in a Stargate from GAP. I dont remember ever talking with him about one, sorry...he must be thinking of somone else. IF I did inquire, it was years ago, before I heard first hand from people that overpaid and what realistic prices were compared to retail.

I asked at one point if he had a real price on tha Banzaii that had been sitting and told him what i thought it was worth. He said it was already sold. THe fact tha a dealer will come here to publish a private offer, shows more of his business accumen.

I sold my AMH for face value when it was worth thousands more. SOrry, but deal with it. That is the reality.

Like I said before, Mike is a nice dude. Find his retail business to be worthless and clogs up the local marketplace with overpriced titles.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Holy cow, there are some lies sprinkled with truth here.
    What he omitted in this story was the playfield was planking worse than anything I had ever seen. I assumed for the price (at that time, wcs were dirt cheap) that it would have been in at least okay shape. It was a flaming turd.
    And I most certainly did not buy that pile of shit later. Now he's blatantly lying or grossly misinformed. I purchased one, but not that one and certainly not from him.
    Rillo sold me a totally different machine for around 1000 dollars. I even remember telling Rillo about what a sour experience I had with him.
    He told me the condition was nice. It was shit. But, I was new in the hobby and he thought he could pull one over on me.
    I'm shocked that you are sitting here lying about that story and what more, that people are backing you and believing your claim. Let's get Rillo in here and have him confirm the story, shall we?
    But I digress. All I care to know is how he's still in business and how to block him from a search.
    And yes... they do have to do with your prices and your blatant spamming on here.

If anyone wants to go reaseach some of his "restorations" that is some good history on GAP. In particular focus on the playfileds.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't the full story that you listed your AMH for well above what you paid for it, took a ton of s#$t for it because you had made dozens of posts here over the years attacking "flippers" as harmful to the hobby, and then after the Pinside outcry you lowered your asking price back to MSRP? Of course, listing your AMH for fair market value was a smart and reasonable thing to do regardless of what you paid for it, and I'm sorry you let the crowd goad you into sacrificing thousands of dollars on that sale, though I'm sure it made your buyer very happy.
    AMH is still being thrown in your face only because it was at odds with your well-publicized philosophy of pinball sales at the time, and nothing is more satisfying than pointing out someone else's hypocrisy.

Nope.

Listed it at the top to get the clicks. SOld it at face because it was the right thing to do. I had numerous offers over face, but chose to sell it to a good person that deserved to have it at face.

The reality is that flipping is VERY different than buying a game, owning it for a year and then advertising it later for FMV. I am not sure why the concept of intent is so hard for some to understand???

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-gap-whats-going-on-there?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.