Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171013_151003 (resized).jpg
    CAM00523 (resized).jpg
    450B6D5D-8F71-4849-AB3B-3A98FC7BCCBC (resized).jpeg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 6 years ago

All I hear in this thread with the people bashing GAP is a bunch of selfish whiners.

Some of you act like because you are a weekend hobbyist you are doing pinball the right way. Pinball is a bunch of grown white dudes wasting money on toys. If you don't like the price then don't buy it. It's just that simple. To act like GAP is doing something wrong is ridiculous.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are wrong, those are proper retail prices.
    Don't forget that just like on pinside, retail customers LOVE to haggle. You have to leave some meat there.
    The real question is why do you care? Obviously GAP isn't for you, just ignore their listings and move on with your life.

This is pinside Levi, they can't just move on. They are doing the hobby right and GAP is raping and pillaging it dry. Something must be done.............

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Whysnow has a had problem with GAP for a while now and I can't figure it out. Met him at Spooky's for an open house on Rob
    Zombie and had a great conversation with him and his friends. Played a couple of 4 player games with his friends. Very cordial conversation and agreed on a lot of things and had a great discussion about the game.
    Hilton and I also had a deal on a really nice Stargate that he wanted from me, I sent him detailed pics of the game, had along for conversation with him on the phone and we worked out a price that he agreed upon. He said his word was his hand shake, he wanted it and then he back back out a week later. I was fine with that and had no hard feelings. People change their minds, we get that all the time.
    He was also interested in a HUO Banzai run in Pristine condition that I had up for $7500, near perfect condition and offered me $4750 for it, I politely declined and sold it to a local who wanted the game.
    I have know hard feeling towards Hilton at all. I get the hobbyist aspect of the business, but we do not flip games and we do not take advantage of Noobs.
    We wish everyone the best! Hilton don't take this personally, I have treated you with the utmost respect and kindness. I normally don't like defending GAP because you can't please everyone, but I just want to set the record straight!
    GAP

Only fair when someone comes out and all but says that he recommends people not buy from you when he meets new folks. Pretty strange that he tries to buy from you though. I guess it's the "Do what I say, not what I do" type of thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-gap-whats-going-on-there?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.