(Topic ID: 306191)

So games are now $10K - $20K, are people still paying with cash?

By kevmad

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    20211217_120423 (resized).jpg
    MoneyCookie (resized).jpg
    34E2A113-F46C-4ED9-B54D-379D04DFCF35 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    businessman-walking-secure-briefcase-holding-260nw-72127762 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1639712458655 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 2 years ago

I bought mine in cash. It was a little weird taking it out at the bank but surprisingly they let me have it all at once. The guy was really confused when I told him what I was buying with it though lol.

And it's absolutely hilarious that someone's bank told them to obfuscate deposits via structuring. That's gotten a lot of people in trouble even if the money is legally yours and not related to a crime.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It blows my mind you guys can't email each other money (e-transfer). Once it's sent and accepted that's it. There's no way to reverse it. You'd think big US banks would be all over that by now. (Attaching fees to each transaction and making more profits)

My dad did a LOT of work to get the banks all on board with this when it was originally Certapay and up until Interac bought them out. We've had e-mail money transfer for probably 12 or 13 years now and it really is one of the most convenient things in modern banking for sure.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

There were some pleas to get rid of the 50 and 100 a few years ago because they claimed they were mostly used for criminal activity. Bad logic and obviously didn’t stick. So we haven’t been thinking in that direction.

Everyone knows cocaine is way better the larger the denomination you snort it with

Quoted from JT-Pinball:

So... I saw someone saw that PayPal had claw back? Is this only if you have or add purchase protection? I have used PayPal to buy sell games several times. This said I have not read thru there terms of service. I’m pretty sure that if you send the money friends and family and it’s accepted buy the party receiving the transfer it is unequivocally!
    Most of my career has been commercial title insurance, commercial real estate. Wire transfer is the standard in the industry for moving money. I have news for you guys.....Wire transfer can be reversed!!!!

On paypal the buyer has a crazy amount of leeway to get their money back. There are many sellers who won't go through paypal for this very reason, clearly fraudulent returns,

Apparently doing it as a friend or family avoids this. business transactions are subject to their rules though and that means almost always siding with the buyer.

#138 2 years ago

In case there is anyone left who hasn't seen this, this is a law professor explaining why you NEVER talk to the police. you can be 100% innocent and talk yourself into charges for something you never did, and it happens way more often than you'd think.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I've watched that before and it's worth the 45 minutes of your time. It's not only a law professor telling you to never talk to the police, but also the police tell you to never talk to the police.

Yeah it's been a while since I watched it but I believe the cop says that if you're driving a car and he wanted to pull you over he just had to follow you for a while and inevitably you will break a law.

Another great one is the JCS channel on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology

He does mini-doc style videos about interrogations and shows how good the cops are at getting people to give themselves up.

#148 2 years ago

Sometimes I wish it was more like that around here! $200 and on your way is a lot less of a headache than some of the court situations you can find yourself in. Especially if there is corruption involved. But I'd probably end up regretting that wish in reality.

#150 2 years ago

lol, I probably watch too much innocence project stuff but the idea of being caught up in a corrupt court sounds so much harder to deal with than just being able to pay some money on the road and go on your way.
    The flaw in this logic is thinking that the courts will somehow not be corrupt in places where you can pay off the cops. But even then, having the option to pay your way out of it still seems preferable to serving life in prison for something that you didn't do and which the state has proof that you didn't do it but refuses to enter it into the courts or allow you to appeal. This has happened quite a few times, where DNA evidence that would exonerate someone exists but isn't allowed to be brought to court

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-games-are-now-10k-20k-are-people-still-paying-with-cash?tu=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.