(Topic ID: 105246)

So far, so good, but never ending game...

By nagamitsu

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So Happy my Supersonic is actually now playing properly. Odd thing I see now, game never ends. Ball is set to 3 balls, last ball technically drains, but it kicks out into shooter lane again and you can just keep playing until what appears to be infinity.

Game registers "game over" on initial power up, it goes through its checks (resets ball count, score, then game over is lit), coin up and game starts and plays normal. Just watched my son play through at least 20 balls.

Tim

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

last ball technically drains, but it kicks out into shooter lane again and you can just keep playing until what appears to be infinity.

Ok,if the ball count works proper except for the last ball that tells me to look at the game over trip.
Go to the schematic @ the index and see where its located @ [8/C-G] and back trace from it till i encounter the ball count unit,from there i see what triggers it to allow that G.o. relay to trip and its says a score motor cam @ [1-A] is what completes the path.
After locating→ Now follow the circuit from L→R @ outhole relay[m&b] →ball index re.→scr mtr 1-A→ zero wiper contact→game over re.[trip]

Things possible are the score motor sw.pulse [clean & gap] ← ←thats most likely it,or a dirty zero rivet on the ball count stepper wiper or a broken wire @ the zero circuit itself leading to or away from the B.c.unit → leading to the trip or the trip latch itself .

#3 9 years ago

Schematic Snips wont load [bug]for some odd reason?
But you can follow on your schematic where i put the locations for you nagamitsu,easy to follow.

#4 9 years ago

Thank you Sir! Will take a look at it tonight. I have a feeling it may be the ball count stepper itself, possibly not zero after last ball (needs adjusting?), but I'll go over the whole trace to check all areas.

Tim

#5 9 years ago

Not familiar with Zacc, but I resolved the same issue on a Gottlieb 2001 by shining up the rivets on the ball counter unit as Pin-it mentions. After tracing all kinds of leads, this proved to be the simple fix. There were rivets at the 3 and 5 ball position that were a little hard to see. A little brass cleaner and game over.

#6 9 years ago

Ok, here's the status. I adjusted and cleaned the contact fingers on the ball count unit, it seems to be doing its job fine. Upon game power on, with ball in rest in outhole, the game shows/indicates "game over". Hit start button, game plays normal, upon drain of last ball (currently set to three balls), it doesn't register game over and it shoots ball back into shooter lane and you just keep on playing.

So the game seems, at least on first power up, to know to put the game into "game over" or it does certainly register this fine.

Tim

#7 9 years ago

I had the same problem on my bally hi deal game and it turned out to be dirty jones plug connections in the back box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-far-so-good-but-never-ending-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.