Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 1 year ago

Several threads on this already. Levi, where's your cut and paste list?

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

One of my 401k accounts has lost 20 grand this year - when it bounces back I'll have to pay tax on that 20k even though I already did once.

You need to research how a 401K works.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Seriously. Where else can you get the services we do from Government at the cost we do? The value is immense.

Problem is the spending is even more immenser.

I'm good with paying for essential services, but the definition of essential has grown exponentially in the last 70 years.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Let me clarify my concern and how this effects my ability to support my hobby.
    One of the items I sold was an Atari 2600 copy of Defender, complete in box with manual. I sold it for about $20 (plus shipping) on ebay. I paid $1 for it an estate sale... so that is $19 in "capital gains" and "personal income". Well, that copy of Defender has already been taxed. I'm using this example, because the handwritten receipt for it from 1982 for $64.95 plus tax, was in the box. Taxes were paid on that item, at a higher rate mind you, before I was born that helped support the fall of the Soviet Union. Everything I purchased and sold was already taxed in the 1980s. The items I'm selling largely went to video game resellers from what I could tell based off of addresses, where I'm sure taxes will be collected at a retail establishment. The models will probably be consumed by the buyers. So these items are now being taxed 2 or 3 times. On top of that, the 1099 makes it an absolute pain. I will probably end up spending more time on paperwork than I did buying, selling, wrapping, and shipping by the time I'm done.
    I'm going to probably continue using ebay this year because I'm already comitted to the 1099 but I'm done December 31st. Invest/short sell accordingly.

Couple of things to unwind.

Your $19 is taxed either as capital gains OR personal income based on the length held and asset class, not both.

Second, sales taxes are not paid On items. Sales Tax is a tax on the transaction and is based on the value of the transaction.
    So products are not 'really' taxed multiple times. A little esoteric I know.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

hypocrites - all of them.

So Elon’s $11b in taxes is hypocritical?

You are right no one needs $200k. In fact millions of people in the US live on a fraction of that. Billions in the world live on less that 10% of that.

But all of the conveniences you have an most of the necessities you have were produced because someone wanted more than $200k.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The inequity in this country continues to be the worst in the world

You’ve never been to India or China have you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ebay-sends-out-1099-tax-forms-now?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.