(Topic ID: 9577)

So disappointed:(

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    CG_TAF.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrAzzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 12 years ago

Who makes PBL's LEDs?

The difference is very noticable with Cointaker LEDs... The frosted ones are great for general purpose, and you can't mistake them for normal bulbs. There have also been some very lousy LED lights going around (got some from marco) that were disappointing.

Orange and Yellow are hard to get LEDs that look good in. Even cointaker's superbright orange's aren't as bright as you'd like them to be... The yellow supers aren't bad, but still not as bright as other colors. The poor brands of yellow and orange LEDs are absolutely unusable.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone else noticed a "strobe" effect for general playfield? It really throws off my game.

This is always going to be a problem. I don't use LEDs for GI for this reason, but it's still kinda annoying. It also limits how bright a LED I can use, without it overwhelming the non-LED GI. Just gave me an idea....

#16 12 years ago

I can't imagine TAF looking good with LEDs myself either, honestly.

Like, it could definitely stand to be brighter, but I don't think the cooler colors would come out well there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrAzzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-disappointed?tu=DrAzzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.