(Topic ID: 181937)

So Close....Wms Fan-tas-tic saucers not kicking out.

By lpnsocal

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-05 (resized).jpg
0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I've been working through the various issues of machine over the last week and it has come down to these last 2 issues(so I hope.) The 3 "SPIN" saucers when activated will spin bonus wheel and eject the ball only if one of the advance bonus switches(standup or rollover) have been hit. If the ball ends up in the saucer(s) before hitting one of the Adv Bonus switches it will spin wheel and never eject the ball. Lastly, the center bonus wheel doesn't hit the initial rpm to free the lil bonus ball for a new random award on the wheel. Point to note: This bonus wheel and motor came off an ugly working PF that spun it just fine, in fact lower control board is the same being used for this PF swap. Also a full 27+vac does power motor which is the motors rated voltage.

Ideas...?

#2 2 years ago

Hi Ipnsocal
You do not write about it - when a new ball is given, question: Is the "1000 Bonus Light" LIT ?
Here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=820&picno=7249 I see it lit, also here: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=820&picno=16820 and here: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=820&picno=16822 .

Maybe (maybe) the fault is - when the pin kicks out a new ball: NO stepping up from position-ZERO up to position-ONE (?), greetings Rolf

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Rolf, I'll check that.

I did find and correct my 2nd problem for the center spin wheel.

1 month later
#4 2 years ago

I have the same issue now my my fantastic. It will not kick out of the 3 saucers. What did you find was the issue with your game?

thanks

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

sorry about the delayed response. If I remember correctly, it involved the bonus unit and of course the eject relay. I think the bonus unit on mine upon counting down was not cleanly making contact at zero, which I think then fires the eject coil. there are good explanations of the relay functions, etc. in the owners manual. If you don't have a manual IPDB has copy. good luck

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/820/Williams_1972_Fan_Tas_Tic_Operator_Manual.pdf

#6 2 years ago

Hi d0n
is the fault in Your pin ONLY: The ball at end of the feature is not kicked out ?

In a running Fan-Tas-Tic happens (example): The ball rolls into an Eject-Hole - the Roulette-Wheel starts turning - then stops - the little ball in the Roulette-Wheel rolls into a pocket - You are rewarded (lets say) straight 3000 points --- ball is kicked back into play - You play on.
This I show in JPG-1. A feature a bit complicated.

I hope for luck --- see the JPG-2, "blue line": When we bang a tilt at the time the ball is in one of the Eject-Holes: (We are punished - no more action on the playfield, but: ) We bang a tilt - the Score-Motor makes a turn AND the pin kicks OUT the ball.
Please BANG a tilt when the ball rolls into an Eject-Hole --- question: DOES the pin KICKS the ball OUT ?

Depending on Your answer we must look "here" or "there". Greetings Rolf

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-04 (resized).jpg

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-05 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Machine - For Sale
Duanesburg, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 334.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.99
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 29.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside