You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was literally a few hours too late from purchasing this
http://www.actionpinball.com/games/afm3/index.htm

Such an awesome machine at only 7,195.00!

I am next on the list if the current purchaser isn't able to
buy it in the next week. Pretty sure it's a done deal.

I'll keep hunting.

#2 11 years ago

only 7k?? lol

#3 11 years ago

Don't sweat it. Plenty out there.

#4 11 years ago

wow, this doesn't reek of a fake account set up to pump up a vendor...

#5 11 years ago

It's a sad truth that that is actually a good price. The local store by me sold one for
15k and another one I was looking at went for 11k. It's almost impossible to find
a good one for less than 7k.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

wow, this doesn't reek of a fake account set up to pump up a vendor...

haha really? I just really want a machine and felt like venting.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

haha really? I just really want a machine and felt like venting.

if that's the case then my bad

#8 11 years ago

If you want a really nice one for 10k I know where you can get one.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

if that's the case then my bad

it's all good.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I'm trying to hold back, I know I can get one for 10k in a couple places, but that's out of my
price range right now.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

it's all good.

I'm trying to hold back, I know I can get one for 10k in a couple places, but that's out of my
price range right now.

You don't have a location or a current collection listed, and haven't posted on here before. So people are going to be skeptical, including myself. But if you're actually looking for an AFM they sell all of the time. And not at 10k.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You don't have a location or a current collection listed, and haven't posted on here before. So people are going to be skeptical, including myself. But if you're actually looking for an AFM they sell all of the time. And not at 10k.

There, now I'm on the map. Thanks for the advice.

#12 11 years ago

I dont have any games in my collection. AFM would be my first and only machine. Only
one I want.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

AFM, it's the only one I want.

That's what they all say....
Be prepared to spend 20k
(7k for your AFM and the rest of the cash for all the other machines you'll end up acquiring)

#14 11 years ago

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the low price from a retailer with that level of restoration. Looks cheap to me and I would have bought it in a heartbeat had I not already owned an AFM for the past ten years.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the low price from a retailer with that level of restoration. Looks cheap to me and I would have bought it in a heartbeat had I not already owned an AFM for the past ten years.

I knooooow! The only positive thing is that the next one they get and work on I'm
the first person they will contact. Although, I doubt the price will be as low
as it is?

#16 11 years ago

didn't mean the question mark

#17 11 years ago

$5k for a Captain Fantastic?????? They must be confused on pin pricing.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

AFM would be my first and only machine. Only
one I want.

That's what they always say.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Ray Johnson at action pinball is the original restoration king and one hell of a great guy. He has been my inspiration for nearly 15 years and he's always been the Yoda of pinball as far as I am concerned.

#20 11 years ago

Sorry, but anytime someone is sad they didn't get to pay that kind of money for a pinball machine, I just can't help it.

#21 11 years ago

Yea I saw this add last week. Told a couple of local pin heads wonder if one of them bought it. I was surprised at the price too. Ray is a great guy, but he usually asks top dollar for his restores but they are top notch.

#22 11 years ago

SML ( vendor here in calgary) sold one last week for 9k, it was fully restored and beautiful, they still have the RFM that sat beside it for 5300.00 but i got a pretty fast NO!! from my mrs

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

SML ( vendor here in calgary) sold one last week for 9k, it was fully restored and beautiful, they still have the RFM that sat beside it for 5300.00 but i got a pretty fast NO!! from my mrs

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure if I tried to buy this machine in a few years my wife would say no, but
I make the money and no kids so she doesn't have a say currently haha.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

I dont have any games in my collection. AFM would be my first and only machine. Only
one I want.

That would be a great first machine! Hope you score one at a good price. If I only had one........
if only..................

#25 11 years ago

A must have game!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A must have game!

I am so jealous haha. A must have game for only 3400 people in the world

#27 11 years ago

Finding the *right* one is hard. Around here there was an original HUO one that sold for 11k and then shortly after a fully restored, new playfield, new decals, modded one that sold for $9k-ish. I was close to pulling the trigger on both of them but just couldn't do it. I wanted one that I would actually *PLAY*, you know? The super high end or HUO ones are more like museum pieces.

Just picked up a nice original AFM. Needs just a little maintenance but the playfield looks great and I won't feel bad about playing the heck out of it!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You are the master of subtlety.

Quoted from thevahid010:

I am so jealous haha. A must have game for only 3400 people in the world

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but do your self a favor and collect information before you spend the kind of money the shop near you is charging. They know how hot you are for the game and are looking forward to providing you an extra benefit in the sale, a good prostate tickling.

Check the Market of Pinside. Check the for sale ads on Mr. Pinball. Search pinside and rec.games.pinball for ads selling AFM.

Decide what the condition your game needs to be and go placidly among the noise and waste.

Dan

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

You are the master of subtlety.

Lol, not this time. I actually know of two. Not sure if that guy in NY still has his on RGP but it was really nice and I am sure the person I bought from still has one and he is awesome. Just have to pay a bit.
I am truly in love with mine. Its ACDC, TAV and then AFM. My top three and they won't go anywhere. TOTAN won't stay and I am iffy on MB but AFM is a keeper.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, not this time. I actually know of two. Not sure if that guy in NY still has his on RGP but it was really nice and I am sure the person I bought from still has one and he is awesome. Just have to pay a bit.
I am truly in love with mine. Its ACDC, TAV and then AFM. My top three and they won't go anywhere. TOTAN won't stay and I am iffy on MB but AFM is a keeper.

Fully agree about AFM, absolutely a keeper for me also. MB is close for me as well but nowhere to the degree of AFM. I am not surprised about TOTAN.

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Ray Johnson at action pinball is the original restoration king and one hell of a great guy. He has been my inspiration for nearly 15 years and he's always been the Yoda of pinball as far as I am concerned.

thevahid010:

If you have the next one lined up from Ray, try to temper the impatience and wait for him to come through.

Also, get in contact with EABUNDY here on pinside. A really good seller with very fair pricing. Let him know what you are looking for.

Read the threads on mistakes people made on first purchases.

Dan

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not sure if that guy in NY still has his on RGP

That one on RGP has been on there forever. It seems really nice, it's pretty much a full restore And he's dropped the price a few times. Im kind of surprised it didn't sell.

#32 11 years ago

Twelve for sale on Mr. Pinball right now. How bad do you want one?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

thevahid010:
If you have the next one lined up from Ray, try to temper the impatience and wait for him to come through.
Also, get in contact with EABUNDY here on pinside. A really good seller with very fair pricing. Let him know what you are looking for.
Read the threads on mistakes people made on first purchases.
Dan

I know, it just sucks to wait. The game is so hard to find to just play. The only one I know of to play in Maine is at that comic store and it has been out of order for a while. Before that it was years prior that I ever saw one. This is one of the bigger reasons why I want one for myself so I can play it whenever. Also, I may have the next one lined up with Ray, but who knows when he'll get that in. I figured if I find a very good condition one at a decent price I'll most likely get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-close-to-my-own-afm-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.