8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

down_in_the_dumps_tee_shirt.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Had a chance to score a Twilight Zone and a Theatre of Magic today...but was just a hair late! Ran across both of them (same seller) on CL this afternoon. He was asking $3500 ea. in "great shape", only 1 hour from me! Both sold right before I called! I'm sick to my stomach... Just had to vent.

#2 8 years ago

They were listed Friday...just so you know.

#3 8 years ago

Sorry Dude, total bummer.

Lately I have been lucky getting that deal of a pin but one day I know it's going to happen to me.

I think every time someone loses out on a pin they should wear a tee shirt that reflects how they are feeling, that way other pin guys that see him can buy him a beer and/or a stripper.

Ken

down_in_the_dumps_tee_shirt.jpg

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

They were listed Friday...just so you know.

Were you the buyer jw? If so, you got a deal!

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Sorry Dude, total bummer.
    Lately I have been lucky getting that deal of a pin but one day I know it's going to happen to me.
    I think every time someone loses out on a pin they should where a tee shirt that reflects how they are feeling, that way other pin guys that see him can buy him a beer and/or a stripper.
    Ken

I'm dig'n that idea...

#6 8 years ago

I wish, I talked to him yesterday and today and he had a long list of potential buyers. I am sure if you watch CL some rag and tag bastard will have them listed in the next couple of days.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I wish, I talked to him yesterday and today and he had a long list of potential buyers. I am sure if you watch CL some rag and tag bastard will have them listed in the next couple of days.

I hear ya. I really hope a collector bought them to enjoy and play, not to flip.

Did someone buy the T3?

#8 8 years ago

Last I heard he still had it. He claims he bought the Pin NIB and it has less than 200 plays...or something like that.

#9 8 years ago

Well, I know the TZ isn't going up for sale anytime soon.....

#10 8 years ago

I feel your pain. Just last night a No Fear and a Junk Yard went up on CL for sale. $1000 each or both for $1800. I called 1 1/2 hours after it went up and somebody from South Carolina was coming up to buy. Although I don't feel as bad now. I called the seller to see if they sold and now he has found out what they are worth and has a bidding war going on. I think it was up to $3000. I told him no thanks.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Nice.... Congrats!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Sweet Mikey " " glad you finally got a Pin and not only a good one but at a good price. This is one of the rare times I am glad I am wrong.

#13 8 years ago

Last I heard the T3 was still avail. too. He was asking $2k. If it's trully pristine and huo, maybe worth it, but not for me. I agree with you, hope the TZ and TOM go to a good home...

Quoted from ThatGuy:

I hear ya. I really hope a collector bought them to enjoy and play, not to flip.
    Did someone buy the T3?

#14 8 years ago

I'm not counting my chickens yet. Technically it's not mine until I pick it up at 4:00. It does have a couple issues here and there, but nothing major and a couple of them are super easy fixes of known TZ quirks.

The TOM sold to a guy in Monterey, supposedly.....but if that falls through, I'll be taking that home as well. I'm not crossing my fingers on that one, though. The TOM was in fantastic condition I'm almost certain you'll see it for sale on a bay area CL for $5500, easy, in the next few days.

As for the T3, it is practically brand new. The cabinet artwork was fantastic, nice sharp corners. Playfield was in great shape. I didn't look at it too long, but it looked up to snuff.

Honestly, the TZ was in the roughest shape of the three. I'll have more info and pics tomorrow, hopefully. Funny thing is, it's only about a block or so from where I work!

#15 8 years ago

$3,500 isn't THAT good a price... Maybe a few hundred cheap, but we all know what it means when a machine is listed in "good shape."

#16 8 years ago

You obviously don't live in CA. I don't think I'd have any problem flipping this at $4500 tomorrow if I wanted to. I know that TOM could be flipped for over $5k easily.

Besides, I paid less than what he wanted....

#17 8 years ago

Great find, congratulations , find them , flip them , or collect them, you did very well!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

You obviously don't live in CA. I don't think I'd have any problem flipping this at $4500 tomorrow if I wanted to. I know that TOM could be flipped for over $5k easily.
    Besides, I paid less than what he wanted....

I hate you Miguel.... j/k

Nice find buddy!

#19 8 years ago

This has happened to me at least three times this year. I am chronically a step behind. I feel your pain.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 269.00
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 39.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 81.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 19.95
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 109.99
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside