(Topic ID: 130800)

SO CAL: Official for sale and wanted club (fun edition)

By o-din

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCAN0062 (resized).JPG
20171106_171933 (resized).jpg
20171106_172142 (resized).jpg
IMG_2572 (resized).JPG
o (resized).jpg
Screenshot (resized).png
39 (resized).JPG
35 (resized).JPG
30 (resized).JPG
43 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
48 (resized).JPG
wornhs_(resized).jpg
f58f561503af9af257a4b52a3fc121310d04b247_(resized).jpeg
ccd54322be1c0f6a312d9d5b789e061cfe706518_(resized).jpeg

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

It seems like their are a lot of regional clubs popping up where locals can buy and sell machines without going thru the marketplace.

After getting ejected from the statewide thread a few weeks back without warning for going slightly off topic, I took the mod's advice and am starting a more local club where posters can post machines they have for sale and ones they might want to buy.

In the tradition of the craigslist thread I started a few years ago, going off topic is OK here and anybody that wants to whine about it should go elsewhere. Rock On!

#2 8 years ago

Sold

#3 8 years ago
#4 8 years ago

HUO TSPP, looking to trade for ?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After getting ejected from the statewide thread a few weeks back without warning for going slightly off topic

That is not accurate, you were warned twice and it was not a permanent eject so you can still participate. It was not slightly off topic either you were posting music videos in a CA FS thread. I got multiple requests to keep the thread focused. I have no problem with you starting this thread, however, the jab at me for doing my duty and keeping the CA FS thread on topic is unnecessary.

#6 8 years ago

As one of the aforementioned whiners I endorse this hair down thread with gusto.

I'm not selling anything, but if I find another 1980 Bally I might consider heresy and let go of my Abra Ca Dabra. I'm just feeling the early solid states so much, they scratch the same "simple but challenging" aspect as the EMs, but I connect with them more. Maybe because I was born in 77 as the EM era was dying.

We'll see, have to find a game I want badly enough first. I passed up that Xenon on CL. Pretty game, but not the most fun to shoot.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That is not so you were warned twice and it was not a permanent eject so you can still participate.

I never got the warning and I don't know who ejected me, but I choose NOT to go back. This is a new club thread at your advice and you are welcome.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As one of the aforementioned whiners I endorse this hair down thread with gusto.
I'm not selling anything, but if I find another 1980 Bally I might consider heresy and let go of my Abra Ca Dabra. I'm just feeling the early solid states so much, they scratch the same "simple but challenging" aspect as the EMs, but I connect with them more. Maybe because I was born in 77 as the EM era was dying.
We'll see, have to find a game I want badly enough first. I passed up that Xenon on CL. Pretty game, but not the most fun to shoot.

Really??? Hmmm...

#9 8 years ago

Anybody looking for some arcade goodness? I have a clean Multi-Williams in a Robotron: 2084 cab that I am looking to trade for/towards a pin. Original Wico joysticks, leaf switch buttons, etc.

#10 8 years ago

Yo-din! How about that Teacher's Pet of yours? I am mighty innarested in that. It would go nicely with my Ding Dong. (No pun intended.) And I am a teacher, so... you know... I have a shweeeet Buccaneer I could be tradin', arrr.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Really??? Hmmm...

Promise I'll let you know first if I do.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Yo-din! How about that Teacher's Pet of yours? I am mighty innarested in that.

I remember from that other thread that you were looking for one. In fact I made a note of it. It has only been here for a couple of weeks and I am finding it very addictive! There are no EMs like Williams EMs from that era. They are the best!

You are welcome to play it anytime and you will be the first to know if I ever decide to part with it.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are no EMs like Williams EMs from that era. They are the best!

So glad to finally hear someone NOT spouting the Gottlieb Gospel of EMs.

I'd also like that there Blue Chip. That was another one I played the heck of at CAX last year. It was a PPM machine though, and the tilt was sooo senstive, I was getting a little pissy.

I just might take you up on yer offer of playing the TP. Yours is the sort of collection I could make a road trip for. Just waiting for one of you SoCal guys to find me a Space Shuttle.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I'd also like that there Blue Chip.

That we might be able to do. It is a very nice example but I am leaning towards all two inch flipper EMs these days.

Quoted from fireball2:

So glad to finally hear someone NOT spouting the Gottlieb Gospel of EMs.

They made some good ones, mostly back in the 50s from what I can tell. I have two of theirs from the 60s, but nothing newer. They made some great woodrails.

#15 8 years ago

As long as it is a good game it doesn't matter who made it. These have earned their stay.

DSCN3753.JPGDSCN3753.JPG

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as it is a good game it doesn't matter who made it. These have earned their stay.
DSCN3753.JPG

Your Surf Side needs to stay also...what a great game!

#17 8 years ago

Surf Side is definitely staying. A great game to compete on. Although my collection is heavy on the Williams it looks like I am going to pick up one more Gottlieb tonight.

#18 8 years ago

FS 1961 Chicago Coin Princess 16 foot Ball Bowler. In nice shape. Still needs to be gone through. It's almost fully functioning. I just don't have the space to work on it. A similar 16 foot Bowler sold at Capt. Chris auction last week for 3700.00 plus fees. I'm asking 1050.00. Contact me with questions or for pics.
http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/princes.htm2015-06-20 15.17.59.jpg2015-06-20 15.17.59.jpg2015-06-20 15.18.04.jpg2015-06-20 15.18.04.jpg2015-06-20 15.18.49.jpg2015-06-20 15.18.49.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.11.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.11.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.38.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.38.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.43.jpg2015-06-20 15.19.43.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Hey Mike, welcome to the fun thread! Nice to have you on board. I would love to have a bowler like that, but like you I don't have the room. How bout a jam from the first Cal Jam?

#20 8 years ago

I better not piss people off by posting killer videos:

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

FS 1961 Chicago Coin Princess 16 foot Ball Bowler. In nice shape. Still needs to be gone through. It's almost fully functioning. I just don't have the space to work on it. A similar 16 foot Bowler sold at Capt. Chris auction last week for 3700.00 plus fees. I'm asking 1050.00. Contact me with questions or for pics.
http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/princes.htmattachment=0,418859 caption="2015-06-20 15.17.59.jpg"]2015-06-20 15.18.04.jpg 2015-06-20 15.18.49.jpg 2015-06-20 15.19.11.jpg 2015-06-20 15.19.38.jpg 2015-06-20 15.19.43.jpg

Would consider a trade.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

I better not piss people off by posting killer videos:

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

How about that Teacher's Pet of yours

Pretty sure I saw one for sale at the Pinball Pirate (Chris Kuntz) a few months ago. No idea if he still has it or what he was asking for it.

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for the tip, but... Pirate is right, based on the prices on the website. No TP tho. He does have an overpriced Blue Chip. yo-din, why don't you pm me a ballpark figure for what you might want for yourn one of these days, baby.

#26 8 years ago

Glad you started a thread, with a general topic of buying and selling in SoCal, but
where it is clear beforehand that it is OK to go OT,
as long as it is clean and fun, with a little tongue in cheek teasing on occasion.
Making it a kind of chat room forum to just talk pinball and all that is related,
like music, food, cars, beer
but probably best to avoid topics like religion and politics
and the most controversial topic of all
whether EMs are better than S/S or DMDs.

Though I am no longer living in SoCal,
and may not have anything to buy or sale or trade
I hope I can still be a member and particpate.

cheers Tom

#27 8 years ago

A friend of mine decided he wanted Blue Chip last night and is loading it up now. Thanks for the interest.

#28 8 years ago

Dagnabbit...

#29 8 years ago

Sorry. If he decides not to keep it I will let him know who wants it.

#30 8 years ago

At least he has good taste...

#31 8 years ago

I sold Wishing Well as well. They wanted Pinky, but it is not for sale.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

on the website. No TP tho.

I'd still give him a call- I don't think he updates the website very often; wasn't listed when I saw it last fall, either. I'm still new to the hobby but his prices strike me as sporadic, with some sky high and others very fair.

#33 8 years ago

FS 1953 United Imperial Shuffle Alley. In really nice shape. Mostly working. Needs some minor tweaking. Asking 500.00.DSCN4382.JPGDSCN4382.JPG DSCN4383.JPGDSCN4383.JPGDSCN4384.JPGDSCN4384.JPGDSCN4385.JPGDSCN4385.JPGDSCN4387.JPGDSCN4387.JPGDSCN4390.JPGDSCN4390.JPGDSCN4391.JPGDSCN4391.JPGDSCN4392.JPGDSCN4392.JPG

DSCN4386.JPGDSCN4386.JPG DSCN4388.JPGDSCN4388.JPG DSCN4389.JPGDSCN4389.JPG DSCN4393.JPGDSCN4393.JPG
#34 8 years ago

Mike you always dig up the most random cool shit.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mike you always dig up the most random cool shit.

I try to break up the DMD monotony .

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

1953 United Imperial Shuffle Alley

What are the dimensions? Thanx

#37 8 years ago

This threads future is gonna be bright, I feel it!

#38 8 years ago

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

#39 8 years ago

Cory hart

#40 8 years ago

I believe Cory Hart sang Sunglasses at Night. The song o-din is quoting is by the band Timbucktu? Don't hold me to the spelling.

#41 8 years ago

Don't forget on Monday Harry went to the dentist, according to the bowler manual cover note

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

What are the dimensions? Thanx

The overall length is 8 feet. The lane length is 7 feet. Width is about 2 feet, and height of head would be about 6 feet with legs on. I need the space badly and I'm will to take a loss and sell it for 400.00.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I believe Cory Hart sang Sunglasses at Night. The song o-din is quoting is by the band Timbucktu? Don't hold me to the spelling.

You're right and both those songs sucked. Ha

#44 8 years ago

Except for the part where he sang "fifty thow a year will buy a lot of beer"

#45 8 years ago

Those of you in SoCal, what do you do for storage of your games? The garages are getting a little packed.. Storage units are $75+ a month..

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Those of you in SoCal, what do you do for storage of your games? The garages are getting a little packed..

Uhhh..some of them go in the house....

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Those of you in SoCal, what do you do for storage of your games? The garages are getting a little packed.. Storage units are $75+ a month..

Sell them at a very generous discounted rate

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Put them in MY garage!

#49 8 years ago

Or sell your Getaway to me. Huge Slash price.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Or sell your Getaway to me. Huge Slash price.

Im very tempted to sell it at this point... its got a few gremlins that I know I can handle, but I dont want to

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-cal-official-for-sale-and-wanted-club-fun-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.