(Topic ID: 194191)

So apparently Funhouse can pull $5k+ in bad shape now??

By sohchx

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sohchx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It certainly doesnt hurt to take these 25 year plus games and put in all new rottendog boards. Sure makes a pin reliable and closer to bullet proofing.

I couldn't disagree with you more. 25 year old boards, built for and used in commercial environments, are time tested and proven to work just fine in the relatively easy home environments they usually end up in these days. I'm not including boards with bad repairs or heavy corrosion.

Replacing a proven board with a new, redesigned one is a crapshoot. I've had many aftermarket boards develop issues after a year or less. I'd rather repair an original board with widely available (mostly through-hole) components and documentation/experience to draw from than try to figure out which newly designed circuit or SMT component (or as I call it, throwaway technology) has failed while being at the mercy of the manufacturer for help.

#30 6 years ago

I'll never understand why people get so bent out of shape over prices. Lots of other people buying pins, some value games differently for various reasons (nostalgia, condition, preferences, location, whatever). Besides if I'm picking between playing a Funhouse or a newer ($5kish) Stern like Games of Thrones I'll pick Funhouse every time, and I don't even like Rudy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-apparently-funhouse-can-pull-5k-in-bad-shape-now?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.