Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dawgs
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Diamond_Hands_1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I decided to diversify withdraw all of my savings and invest everything in pinball machines. Now my significant other is telling me that buying pinball machines isn't "real investing" and that I am "out of control" and to "remove the pinball game from the bathroom". How do I explain to them that they are being irrational without hurting their feelings? Any tips?

Jack

#2 3 years ago

Say if the bathroom is big enough for a pinball machine, it is actually a multi-purpose room.

#3 3 years ago

Some people just don't understand investing for the future. Your significant other may not understand things now, but in 5 years when you are a millionaire, they will get it then.

#4 3 years ago

Feels like a troll thread to me. Anybody that lost money in the stock market in the last 10 months as a whole is risking/gambling too much.

#5 3 years ago

Stop buying pins and buy all the toppers you can. Only tip I have.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Feels like a troll thread to me. Anybody that lost money in the stock market in the last 10 months as a whole is risking/gambling too much.

Yea, this post is purely for humor. I edited the original to make it a bit more obvious.

#7 3 years ago

Just buy and hold, just because one month is bad, doesnt mean years down the road will be, stocks always go up and down.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just buy and hold, just because one month is bad, doesnt mean years down the road will be, stocks always go up and down.

That is especially true when you buy stock in good companies and not YOLO risk stocks.

#9 3 years ago

Well I thought the OP's post was funny.

#10 3 years ago

Diamond plate hands.

#11 3 years ago

Here's your hockey jersey;

https://www.geekyjerseys.com/product.php?id=324

Later,
    EV

Diamond_Hands_1 (resized).jpgDiamond_Hands_1 (resized).jpg
    #12 3 years ago

How many significant others do you have ?

Quoted from jfbenson:

How do I explain to them

?

LTG : )

#13 3 years ago

Assuming your home has more than one bathroom, just decide which one is hers and which one is yours.
    At that point you should be able to flip while taking a dump in private.

#14 3 years ago

if you can afford a house with a bathroom big enough for pin you better be nice to the other half or she will get the other half or maybe even all of it

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfbenson:

"remove the pinball game from the bathroom".

It is typical to see a for sale ad "HUO from a non-smoking home"
    Now I have to start looking for "HUO from a non pooping room"?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-after-losing-money-with-stocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.