Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gorgar89s.JPG
IMG_20110820_191646.jpg
IMG_20110820_191510.jpg
IMG_20110820_191503.jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

'THanks fellas.

Examiner: what would be the best way to clean off any corrosion (blue green stuff) from the holder. I can't recall there really being any, but i'll reinspect. The old batteries just were a little rusty looking on the end.

OH, and how do I know if I have the batteries in the right way? There wasn't a diagram with the positive or negative ends showing the correct positioning. Right now, I have them inserted all positives down. I think this is correct but I can't seem to find an answer. I think it's correct bc the free play option remains after switching game off.

#102 8 years ago

If you settings are holding, you've got the batteries in the correct way, so no worries. If your settings are holding, it also indicates you don't have much (if any) problems with corrosion, so that's also good.

If it was just rust and not exploded caustic crap, another positive.

Based on what you've said, the "standard" repair would probably be to replace the battery holder. The benefit there is you would be able to look underneath the holder, because that's where your traces generally start to get eaten up.

But I know that's not going to happen now (don't blame you - put it on the list for later). So just inspect the holder, and if you see any issues scrub it down with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water (use a toothbrush). Let it sit on there awhile to neutralize the "acid". Then clean it good with fresh water, final rinse with 90% alcohol. Let it dry real well (hair dryer if you are impatient) and you should be good to go for now.

Yes, I'm telling you to put a liquid water mixture on your computer board. I don't go crazy and I try to limit it to the area being worked on, and I try to avoid any socketed chips. But it's standard procedure, and it won't cause any harm. Most of these boards are actually dishwasher safe, so no big deal. (don't put a relay in a dishwasher!). Anyway, just make sure and let it dry before you fire it back up.

based on what you've said, I'm suspecting no big problem here, so just keep info for future reference. Enjoy!

#103 8 years ago

Thanks. Tons of great help on this site.

So i have been researching the bulbs and learned that some bulbs are for flashers (which i didn't know). SO, by me putting a 47 into the fixture of a flashing jet bumper may explain why it's not flashing.

As per marco, gorgar takes 44's (or 47's) and 89's. I"m guessing the 89's are for the jets as they are flasher bulbs.

More research needed.

ANother thing i noticed is that my novus 2 didn't really clean the small section of the playfield I tried it on very well. I don't think there is any mylar or the like over the area I tried.. THe novus just didn't seem to clean it well.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

All displays seems to cut off the bottom portion of the numbers.

Are they blocked by the backglass, or is there a segment out? If there is a segment out that is almost always a burned resistor on the main display board. Replacing the correct resistor will fix it.

#105 8 years ago

The pops will take either 44's or 47's. (47's burn slightly cooler.) These are not flasher bulbs. The flashing happens in attract mode. The bumpers are not all lit at the same time during game play. They lite up in succession as you progress but are to stay lit when they do light. The 89 bulbs are flasher bulbs and are feature lamps...such as in the snake pit area. This bulb is much larger in size as well, and would not fit in the pop socket. Regular incandescent bulbs burn hot, so I would recommend going with LEDs as they will last forever and put off no heat. If you are not a fan of the "cool white" look of standard LEDs, they do make them in warm white as well and they should last basically forever. Nice score!

#106 8 years ago

I wish there was a schematic of what bulbs go where.

Machine plays great. I have found a few bulbs that i though were just burned out, but are really just not working for whatever reason.

The jet bulb is still a mystery.

I did figure out my lighted backboard wasn't latched correctly and needed adjustment, thus fixing scores being too low on the display. However, player one score, the figures are still cut off a tad, so I think I can just switch it out for the player four score. I thnk it's just a matter of unplugging and switching.

#107 8 years ago

44s (same thing as 47s but 47s use less power) go in the small sockets. 89's go in the big sockets.

Here's a youtube of how it should look.

Bumpers flash in attract mode (before game begins) and light up successively and solidly during gameplay.

#108 8 years ago

Thanks for the video.
It seems like all the sockets are the same size though?

#109 8 years ago

thats ok Blackbeard so are mine

#110 8 years ago

So how do I know which bulbs go where?!

#111 8 years ago

you should have at least 2 big 89 sockets somewhere.. everything else is 44s.

gorgar89s.JPG

#112 8 years ago

Damn mystic! Good find.

Found ' em in the upper right corner. Looks like back to Marco.

#113 8 years ago

Wow, The backglass looks amazing, and the PF looks in great condition too! Good deal man!

BTW, did you know that there are several versions (one original, plus a few covers) of a song titled "Gorgar" - about the pinball machine? Song's nothing to shout home about, but worth a listen for the hell of it, since you own a Gorgar now.

#114 8 years ago

Thanks. I ran across that song doing my numerous google searches for the machine.

I"m pleased with the pin so far. It has a few small issues.. well large, considering I can't figure out why a few lights don't work, but all in all it works well.

I will be cleaning it in the next few weeks.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

OH, and how do I know if I have the batteries in the right way? There wasn't a diagram with the positive or negative ends showing the correct positioning. Right now, I have them inserted all positives down. I think this is correct but I can't seem to find an answer. I think it's correct bc the free play option remains after switching game off.

If memory strikes me right, the negative should be the spring end and the positive should be the flat end. If you put them in wrong they will short and explode, and that would not be a good thing and can hurt.

#116 8 years ago

My pin does have diagram. All positives down.

#117 8 years ago

Good deal

#118 8 years ago

The batteries are just like anything else with batteries, but for the record I doubt they will do anything dangerous if you put them in backwards. There will simply be no net charge and thus, no electrical current.

#119 8 years ago

Kinda what I was thinking as well Crash..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 157.00
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside