Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bc3
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2668 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2661 (resized).JPG
    31AH7ESZ710_product_detail_large (resized).png
    IMG_0771 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170105_191751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170101_201622 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0770 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0769 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I use my many years of pinball repairs towards other product repairs. Snowblowers are the worst for sending to a repair shop for yearly maintenance for me in the past. Usually $200 - $300 repair bills, so after the first few years that ended for me. Biggest rip off is unique parts & belts. Hard to get, expensive, & might be weeks to get in stock. So I switched to generic heating belts from the wholesaler. Also did away over time of crap safety devices. My own machine, & I remember when we didn't have all this crap for safety for stupid people! I drilled the body to accept a mini clothes line tensioner for auger belt drive. So it is always spinning. We had powder snow today, & a lot more coming. Usually we have wet heavy snow in eastern Canada.

IMG_0769 (resized).JPGIMG_0769 (resized).JPG

IMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

Had my golf pro lose some finger tips. He didn't want to explain his stupidity. Also had a guy ripping (saw) his 2' x 4' in his hand, he also lost out.

Small clothes line part. Replaced eye rod, $1.

IMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

A lot of safety features is ok. But it does add huge bills to equipment maintenance & repairs. Think of how much more wear is done to pull cords on lawn mowers with safety lever. Had one wear out in the first season. I'm a adult & if I operate it myself i'm the operator. That said I wouldn't let others use it (hacked).

I remember when you weren't forced to wear a helmet on a bike or skateboard, etc. Had cool dangerous play ground stuff back in the 60's & 70's. Smoking was allowed inside, & seat belt use was optional.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/snowblower-hacks?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.