Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bc3
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2668 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2661 (resized).JPG
    31AH7ESZ710_product_detail_large (resized).png
    IMG_0771 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170105_191751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170101_201622 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0770 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0769 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_gpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

I'm relatively new to the snowblower club, I purchased a troy-bilt 2410 with the 179cc engine. Since I'm from northern VA, we don't get much snow, but when we do get a big snow storm, I would usually end up hiring a plow service. I figured that getting a snow blower would pay for itself by the first or second major snow storm we get this season.

I didn't consider getting a single stage machine as they won't be much help for a heavy storm. I found that this troy-bilt was a simple, entry level, two-stage machine that only has the features I want. It has electric start, self-propelled wheels, simple controls, and isn't so big that I wouldn't use it. I purchased used, but like-new in August for $400, they are normally $600 new, so I think I did alright with this. I think the new one comes with a slightly larger 208cc engine, I still think my smaller engine will get the job done.

As for modding it, I replaced the stock metal skid shoes with larger plastic ones. I'm not going to bypass any of its safety features as I don't find them intrusive and I'm sure they are there for good reasons. I wouldn't mod the engine to squeeze more power out of it because the engine was not designed to run at a higher power output than the manufacturer intended. I just think the engine's life will be shorter if I mod the governor settings. I don't know about modding the impeller, I'd have to look into that, but just as long as the machine works good enough, I'll leave it as is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_gpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/snowblower-hacks?tu=e_gpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.