(Topic ID: 150067)

SNOW DAY! Yeah!

By PinballT

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160123_154930_resized_(resized).jpg
    20160123_145812_resized_(resized).jpg
    20160123_152211_resized_(resized).jpg
    funny-my-favorite-part-pf-winter-is-watching-it-on-tv-from-california-01_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_3422_(resized).JPG
    sol_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_20160123_200909816_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Some of us down south with no snow would like to see a few pictures of the fresh white beautiful snow. Please post some.

Yes, you can post the car wrecks too, if you must.

And over the weekend, post a few pics of you & friends/family having fun playing pinball and having "snow day pinball parties"!

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I enjoy a cheap laugh haha

picard-i-just-shat-myself-with-surprise_(resized).jpegpicard-i-just-shat-myself-with-surprise_(resized).jpeg

#53 8 years ago

We were ready in Atl today! Last night a message went out that my kids would go to school at the normal time at 7:30, but be dismissed at 11:00 due to the storm. Great! Half a snow day!

It just started snowing at 10:00pm.

#54 8 years ago

Snow! I love me some snow!

IMG_20160114_144226336_(resized).jpgIMG_20160114_144226336_(resized).jpg

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Some of us down south with no snow would like to see a few pictures of the fresh white beautiful snow. Please post some.
    Yes, you can post the car wrecks too, if you must.
    And over the weekend, post a few pics of you & friends/family having fun playing pinball and having "snow day pinball parties"!

only about 8 inches so far. it is supposed to really come down over night and tomorrow.
    image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#56 8 years ago

See if you can take that same picture more times until the storm ends, the snow progression would be interesting to see.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

See if you can take that same picture more times until the storm ends, the snow progression would be interesting to see.

I agree, please stay outside for the next 48hrs and take a photo every 5 mins... thanks. lol

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I agree, please stay outside for the next 48hrs and take a photo every 5 mins... thanks. lol

Yeah....that's what I meant to say but I thought I'd be NICE and NOT say it.

#59 8 years ago

There's a new weather guy in town........

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#60 8 years ago

Y'all holding grudges is your problem, not mine. I'm having a wonderful evening.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I'm having a wonderful evening.

You must not have shovel'd yet.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

There's a new weather guy in town........

image_(resized).jpeg

Expensive snow depth gauge.

#63 8 years ago

It's a new year, and it's gonna be a fun year!
    Now go outside and play nice in the snow.
    Go make some snow angels, or go ride your snowmobile or sled/innertube/toboggan.

Snowball fights can help let off some steam and vent any pent up frustrations.

pool_party_sledding_(resized).jpgpool_party_sledding_(resized).jpg
    inner-tube-sled-wipeout_(resized).jpginner-tube-sled-wipeout_(resized).jpg
    sledding-butt_buster_(resized).jpgsledding-butt_buster_(resized).jpg

#64 8 years ago

pretty quiet up here . . .

SAT_084_(resized).JPGSAT_084_(resized).JPG

#65 8 years ago

I don't have a real pinball machine, but I've cracked open my Astro Shooter and tried a few things (Put rubber bands on the flippers, tried putting two balls in the machine), and my sister and I have been going back and forth beating each other's high scores. So I guess that counts!

#66 8 years ago

Pin party tonight! Free beer, food, and everything on free play.

Please bring a shovel.

#67 8 years ago

seems like we've got about two feet of snow so far. about to take the kids out to see how long they last.

still snowing pretty hard, too.

#68 8 years ago

Can hardly wait to clean it up.

IMG_20160123_134000551_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_134000551_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160123_140433334_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_140433334_(resized).jpg

#69 8 years ago

maybe a helicopter too . . .

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pin party tonight! Free beer, food, and everything on free play.
    Please bring a shovel.

image_(resized).jpeg

#70 8 years ago

got the most important path shoveled. grill is operational.

#71 8 years ago

Kids only lasted about 10 minutes outside. They literally couldn't walk. They got stuck and I had to carry them back inside.

#72 8 years ago

My kids were out for 2 hours. Neighbor's plow guy just slid into a ditch and is stcuk

IMG_20160123_145124527_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_145124527_HDR_(resized).jpg

#73 8 years ago

This was what happened the last time I had a work snow day, yet due to the magic of vpn despite being snowed in with my wife for 4 days, I still got the pleasure of working. 2 ft is just another day up this way.

IMG951494.jpgIMG951494.jpg

#74 8 years ago

We got less than 1/4" of snow last night, yet schools were out for Wed-Fri because of extreme cold. We've got ridges, valleys, and no bus stops/shelters, so the mention of snow basically closes the city. My dogs had fun running around for about 4 minutes, then were like "Eff this, let's go back in the heated garage."

For those who need a laugh, I've watched this video about 6 times now and can't stop giggling. It sucks that so many cars were messed up, but the chipmunk voice cracks me up and per the comments nobody was hurt. People in my area do in fact camp out at the big hills and watch idiots try to drive on them, but they bring lawn chairs and beer, redneck-style.

#75 8 years ago

Back slider leading to the back yard.....grill is totally covered. Sent the wife out front to shovel

#76 8 years ago

YUP that made me laugh !

#77 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure we got up to 4" in middle Tennessee. The snow swallowed my whole shoe and then some as I walked through it.

#78 8 years ago

that there's a snow shoe !

Quoted from Crash:

I'm pretty sure we got up to 4" in middle Tennessee. The snow swallowed my whole shoe and then some as I walked through it.

#79 8 years ago

4" average, 8" accumulation in the driveway!!

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

if im saltier than normal blame it on the Palo Santo
    image_(resized).jpg

Special wood to brew that.

If you like that I'd try:

Sculpin
    Two Hearted
    Hopslam
    Seven Gates
    Heady Topper

Those are my favorites ATM.

#81 8 years ago

Family snow night!

IMG_20160123_200909816_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_200909816_(resized).jpg

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

we are supposed to get like three to four feet here west of DC. I don't care where you are from, that is a lot from a single storm, so spare me your smug bullshit please, upstate New Yorkers. We all know it snows a lot up there.

FEEL OUR PAIN!!!

#83 8 years ago

Shit..we had 80+ inches in a 2 day stretch last year. I was at work every day.

A couple of feet barely gets mentioned around here.

Kinda missing it though

Quoted from pezpunk:

we are supposed to get like three to four feet here west of DC. I don't care where you are from, that is a lot from a single storm, so spare me your smug bullshit please, upstate New Yorkers. We all know it snows a lot up there.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Shit..we had 80+ inches in a 2 day stretch last year. I was at work every day.
    A couple of feet barely gets mentioned around here.
    Kinda kidding it though

Waiving the bs flag. Didn't grand island get missed? I had friends in nt saying they could see their driveway while I was burried.

#85 8 years ago

Not sure..I was in Lancaster then

Quoted from tommyp:

Waiving the bs flag. Didn't grand island get missed? I had friends in nt saying they could see their driveway while I was burried.

#86 8 years ago

Damn, we have a frost warning!

Gotta mow the lawn!

#87 8 years ago

Sheee it man. You guys all need a good ol 5 months of winter to straighten yous up like we do out in pin wasteland of northern BC Canada! Imagine how many pin experts there would be with all that quality snowed in time. Good luck with your inches of snow and all the carnage. Lol!

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from BCpinhead:

Sheee it man. You guys all need a good ol 5 months of winter to straighten yous up like we do out in pin wasteland of northern BC Canada! Imagine how many pin experts there would be with all that quality snowed in time. Good luck with your inches of snow and all the carnage. Lol!

inches? we are up to 3.5 feet in under 24 hours, and it's still coming down. that's a lot of snow no matter where you're from.

#89 8 years ago

I thought it was just good natured ball busting.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

got the most important path shoveled. grill is operational.
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

Damn straight!

#91 8 years ago

They just declared this being the largest snow storm in Baltimore history.....270 and I270 are both closed until 7 am tomorrow. Fun fun.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

inches? we are up to 3.5 feet in under 24 hours, and it's still coming down. that's a lot of snow no matter where you're from.

Ok , that IS some serious snow. I hope it at least does not turn to rain on ya right away...that gets real ugly. Pour another drink and put another credit on your fav machine! Hope you got some fresh gas in the snow blower. Cheers.

#93 8 years ago

Head to the the library!

sol_(resized).JPGsol_(resized).JPG

#94 8 years ago

Have fun... make snow people. Cheers!

IMG_3422_(resized).JPGIMG_3422_(resized).JPG

#95 8 years ago

Mid storm. Dogs not happy.

#96 8 years ago

funny-my-favorite-part-pf-winter-is-watching-it-on-tv-from-california-01_(resized).jpgfunny-my-favorite-part-pf-winter-is-watching-it-on-tv-from-california-01_(resized).jpg

#97 8 years ago

California has winter. The entire state isn't just Las Angeles. I had to use 4 wheel drive to get to the mountain this weekend. About 2 feet of fresh powder. Was a great winter weekend.

20160123_152211_resized_(resized).jpg20160123_152211_resized_(resized).jpg20160123_145812_resized_(resized).jpg20160123_145812_resized_(resized).jpg20160123_154930_resized_(resized).jpg20160123_154930_resized_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #98 8 years ago

Request more snow day updates w/ pics as we move through 2nd half of Feb, 2016.
    I know Winter isn't over yet.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/snow-day-yeah/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.