(Topic ID: 150067)

SNOW DAY! Yeah!

By PinballT

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160123_154930_resized_(resized).jpg
    20160123_145812_resized_(resized).jpg
    20160123_152211_resized_(resized).jpg
    funny-my-favorite-part-pf-winter-is-watching-it-on-tv-from-california-01_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_3422_(resized).JPG
    sol_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_20160123_200909816_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

The best thing about a snow day is PINBALL! I never have much time to play lately but when a snow day comes, I have time to play. Plus off work from teaching. We are forecasted to get 30+ inches. I love it. Just wanted to share❄️

#2 8 years ago

Enjoy! And stay safe & warm!

#3 8 years ago

THANKS!

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballT:

The best thing about a snow day is PINBALL! I never have much time to play lately but when a snow day comes, I have time to play. Plus off work from teaching. We are forecasted to get 30+ inches. I love it. Just end wanted to share❄️

I hear ya Tom! I tested the generator to make sure I can keep playing if power goes out. Priorities

#5 8 years ago

With that much snow coming I hope you have a backup generator.

#6 8 years ago

doing this...

bop_pfswap_(resized).JPGbop_pfswap_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

That's being prepared Bob. I have a snow blower if you need it. Be safe!

#8 8 years ago

PinballT, Teacher here as well but this storm will hit NJ all day Saturday. No snow day but will most likely be trapped indoors until I go snow blow. Plan on organizing and cleaning up the game room. Have fun today!

#9 8 years ago

What's a snow day?

#10 8 years ago

A Snow Day is when you are off work and trapped in the house with little or nothing to do.

#11 8 years ago

We don't get snow days in the midwest. Every winter day is miserable, it just varies in intensity.

#12 8 years ago

They're calling for at least a foot of snow in my neck of the woods. Likely more, according to the European storm model.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

We don't get snow days in the midwest. Every winter day is miserable, it just varies in intensity.

Amen. We just suck it up and sludge our way from one day to the next. April is just around the corner.

Schools have snow days, but I've never had a 'snow day' from work in 28 years...

#14 8 years ago

he has a snow day from work because he is a teacher

#15 8 years ago

Yeah we got a 2 hour delay earlier this week, and a snow day the week before here in Indiana. Bad thing is at least by us they just get tacked on to the end of the year, or other previously scheduled days off. So far missed 2 full days, and have 3 built in make up days. Hoping we don't go past that because then we end up having to add extra time at the end of the year and no one wants to be here then students or teachers.

#16 8 years ago

So true on extending the school year. We were in school until June 26th last year. This year they put in 10 snow days. So bring on the snow.

#17 8 years ago

Wow I'm out May 27th

#18 8 years ago

In Fairfax County Public Schools, we generally start the day after labor day and go until about the 2nd week in June. The 27th of May sounds sweet!

#19 8 years ago

snow_(resized).jpgsnow_(resized).jpg

#20 8 years ago

^
    ^
    ^

Yup! Stay safe my east coast friends. You can borrow my snowblower if you can dig out of your house.

#21 8 years ago

Up North Jersey they are now saying 6-12"....or more! Gee, good job to have these weathermen!

#22 8 years ago

Sure glad we don't have to mess with that storm. Hate snow shoveling D:

#23 8 years ago

Up here in Canada we bicycle to work in snowstorms !!

#24 8 years ago

It can be tricky getting the pins home on the back of bike though . . .

#25 8 years ago
    #26 8 years ago

Anchorman_(resized).jpegAnchorman_(resized).jpeg

#27 8 years ago

We are supposed to get over 2 feet over the next 36 hours here in Bmore land.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

We are supposed to get over 2 feet over the next 36 hours here in Bmore land.....

image_(resized).jpeg

That's what i'm doing

#29 8 years ago

I live in mild middle Tennessee. This is the first time Nashville has gotten 4 inches of snow since 2003, and I can't remember the last time my immediate area got 3. It's been a fun day!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

That's what i'm doing

CHEERS BUD I'm all in.

#31 8 years ago

At 5 inches 7pm in Warrenton Va. Heavy stuff is suppose to start after 11pm.

#32 8 years ago

I ship out of my home in Falls Church which means what didn't go out in this afternoon's mail isn't leaving until Monday... maybe we'll have mail service restored by then.

Re: snowfall so far - I think we're only in the 3-4 inch range here inside the beltway.

Snow day at my full time job simply means use a vacation day. I went to the office early enough to put in 8 before 1:00 pm and avoid the snow day penalty... gonna need that vacation for the February Ft Lauderdale vacation and the March Texas Pinball Festival!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board solutions

#33 8 years ago

Facing a lifetime of snowy winters scares me. I would feel like 40% of my life was on-hold. Do any of you think about moving south or west?

#34 8 years ago

20 inches in Kirkwood, CA Fri-Sat... Waxing my Snowboard tonight

Screen_Shot_2016-01-22_at_4.59.23_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-22_at_4.59.23_PM_(resized).png

#35 8 years ago

Teacher here also, spent my morning working on my High Speed high score.

#36 8 years ago

Oh yeah. It Reaaaaallllly sucks to be snowed in!!!

20160122_204816_(resized).jpg20160122_204816_(resized).jpg

#37 8 years ago

Mad Elf 11% beer and starwars lol

edited_1453514839542_(resized).jpgedited_1453514839542_(resized).jpg

#38 8 years ago

we are supposed to get like three to four feet here west of DC. I don't care where you are from, that is a lot from a single storm, so spare me your smug bullshit please, upstate New Yorkers. We all know it snows a lot up there.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

20 inches in Kirkwood, CA Fri-Sat... Waxing my Snowboard tonight
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-22_at_4.59.23_PM_(resized).png

Hey that's good for you guys out there, more water.

#40 8 years ago

I bought a snowblower last year, used it once on a BIG 5 inch fall. This year so far ZERO!! Is this the new Minnesota winter?

#41 8 years ago

if im saltier than normal blame it on the Palo Santo
    image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

image_(resized).jpg

Thats my fave beer from them right now i got a mad elf.

#43 8 years ago

How many of you guys in the storms path have a generator big enough to power your furnace? That's what you really have to worry about.

#44 8 years ago

No snow here in Muskoka in almost 7 days . . .

. . . only thing to watch for, is to make sure the Muskokan fridge doesn't freeze your beer !

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How many of you guys in the storms path have a generator big enough to power your furnace?

This guy does... and the wiring is set up to make it happen. With gas heat it really doesn't take that much of a generator to make it go - essentially the fan is all that is electric. But I sized the generator to run the heat, fridge, and sump pump at once.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board solutions

#46 8 years ago

It's coming down folks......JD is still a $1400 game...blah blah blah.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

It's coming down folks......JD is still a $1400 game...blah blah blah.....

image_(resized).jpeg

startrek-patrick-stewart-make-it-snow-christmas2_(resized).jpgstartrek-patrick-stewart-make-it-snow-christmas2_(resized).jpg

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

image_(resized).jpg

Such a good beer...12% so three of those should have you on your ass. At the Dogfish brewery tour they said thats their most expense beer to produce and claim they take a loss on producing just so you can enjoy.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

startrek-patrick-stewart-make-it-snow-christmas2_(resized).jpg

I enjoy a cheap laugh haha

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

This guy does... and the wiring is set up to make it happen. With gas heat it really doesn't take that much of a generator to make it go - essentially the fan is all that is electric. But I sized the generator to run the heat, fridge, and sump pump at once.
    -Rob

Smart.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/snow-day-yeah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.