(Topic ID: 79992)

Chicago: Free Beer / Sneak Peek Arcade on Sunday February 16th from 1-4pm!

By drmrpants

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20140216_15_02_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140216_15_02_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140216_15_02_08_Pro.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Hey everyone,
    I would like to extend an invitation to come check out my new place at here in Chicago. I have met many of you at my Record Store / Vintage Arcade Museum “Logan Hardware” since we opened in 2010 and now after many years of work I am ready to open the Logan Arcade in our original location under the Logan Hardware sign!

The Logan Arcade will not only have 25+ Pinball and 40+ Video games, it will also have 20 beers on tap and a compliment of spirits!

I had planned to have a sneak peek before we open to the public where I could ask the community to come kick the tires and shake loose any problems with the games. After hearing about Barry and Donna’s situation I thought it would be a good fit to hold an Oursler fundraiser at the same time. I asked Barry and he was into the idea, so here it goes!

On Sunday, February 16th from 1-4pm, I want to invite all of you to come out to 2410 West Fullerton Ave in Chicago to help raise some funds for Barry and Donna and have some fun playing games! This event is only for the community from Pinside, KLOV, and RGP so please email me directly with your full name and any guests you will have with you and we will have you on the list at the door.

I would love your help shaking loose any problems and kicking the tires a bit. Try as we might to keep all of the games working and get them up to speed, it’s always good to have fresh eyes on things. We’ll have a place for you all to write down any problems you may find, so please feel free to let us know of anything you notice and we’ll try and get it taken care of.
    We will provide some free beer and spirits that day and the games will be on freeplay or loaded with quarters! We will be asking for a donation at the door (we suggest a at least $5 but please give whatever you care to donate). 100% of that will go right to Barry and Donna.

I am going to bring out any and all games that Barry had a hand in and if you are local and want to bring a game for the party just let me know! Barry is my favorite designer (especially the games he did with Python) and since this party is for him we would love to have as many games that Barry worked on as we can. From our stable of games we hope to have Pinbot, Time Warp, Dr. Who, Grand Lizard, Bad Cats, Fire! and Space Station on the floor.

It’s been awesome to see everyone’s quick response and all of the support for the Oursler family, so amazing what people can do for each other and all of this from the love of Pinball, so cool! I hope to see you on the 17th.

Thanks,
    -zespy

More info from our Facebook announcement:

We’ve had an excellent response to Logan Hardware Records and Arcade Museum at our new location but people still ask:
    “So what’s going on with your old space?”

www.facebook.com/loganhardwarearcade
    www.twitter.com/LoganArcade

(be one of the first to like our new page!)

After a very long, challenging period of expansion we’re finally ready to introduce the newest part of our family!

As of February 17th, we will open The Arcade in the original Logan Hardware building at 2410 W. Fullerton Ave. featuring not only a larger collection of vintage pinball, video games and more but also a full bar with 20 quality draft beers and a large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.

The Arcade at 2410 W Fullerton will be 21+ and The Museum at 2532 W Fullerton will remain open to everybody where you can expect to preview games before they are featured in The Arcade and enjoy a regular rotation of games between locations.

In January 2010, Logan Hardware opened at 2410 W. Fullerton Ave. The building was originally a neighborhood hardware store that served our corner of Logan Square for over 50 years. With our backgrounds in music and a love for classic pinball and video games it was natural to combine the two.

We had over three excellent years in our original space but wanted the ability to grow the record store and also build a classic, full arcade. There was no way to do all of what we wanted to do in the old hardware store. We also wanted to grow with the neighborhood that has supported us from the beginning and offer more of what we do to a larger audience. In July of last year Logan Hardware Records packed up and moved to our new, larger space two blocks west at 2532 W Fullerton Ave that allowed us to double our stock and add more games to The Museum.

The Arcade at 2410 W Fullerton is a natural extension of The Logan Hardware family. Like our record store we hope to provide a fun, relaxing destination for classic gaming with an inclusive, neighborhood feel, a place that feels like it has always been a part of our community.

Since opening we have focused on the quality of our games. Many of them come to us one at a time from basements, garages and the outdoors, most of them near death. Including our in-house repair staff, the folks who work on our machines are a dedicated group of fans, players, restorers, and even some who worked in the industry back in the day. We have come together to rebuild these classic games, now hungry for your quarters.

Come join us for some FUN in our favorite corner of Logan Square beginning Friday, February 17th! We’ll provide the games whether it’s at
    The Museum (2532 W Fullerton) while you’re browsing records or now at The Arcade (2410 W Fullerton), drinking your favorite beer!

See you soon!
    Logan Hardware

Records/Museum
    2532 W Fullerton Ave

Tavern/Arcade
    2410 W Fullerton Ave

#2 10 years ago

Fuh yeah!

#3 10 years ago

Congratulations and good luck with your new business!

#4 10 years ago

thanks!

#5 10 years ago

Wish I could make it! Will definitely be coming once you are officially open.

#6 10 years ago

stop by and say hi when you can!
    -z

#7 10 years ago

Awesome! Definitely attending.

#8 10 years ago

plenty of room at our place, bring as many people as you like! tell anyone you want to bring!

#9 10 years ago

Cool!!!

#10 10 years ago

Will DEFINITELY be there. Spent many a dollars at Logan Hardware over the past few years. Wanna check this out and Mr Oursler.

#11 10 years ago

if you liked the store i think you will love the arcade!

#12 10 years ago

check out the facebook page and twitter for game hints!

https://twitter.com/LoganArcade

https://www.facebook.com/LoganHardwareArcade

#13 10 years ago

This party is one week from today, tell your friends!

#14 10 years ago

Sent a PM to put a name on the list - are you guys keeping a strict list at the door or can it just be my name +1s?

#15 10 years ago

names are good if you know who you are bringing, helps at the door. but if your all coming together just your name plus however many you want to bring. bring as many people as you like!

#16 10 years ago

thanks for the emails so far. we have plenty of room, tell any and all in the hobby that may want to come. you can also email me directly at [email protected]

thanks again!
    -z

#18 10 years ago

Congratulations on your new Venture! I'll check it out late April when I'm in Chicago.

A question about the USA liquor laws ... I see the arcade is 21+, does that mean that nobody under 21 can enter the arcade?

In NZ our liquor age is now 18, but that means that only 18+ can purchase liquor at the bar. Anyone can enter the premises and have a coke or something. Is the US like this too?

The reason I ask is that we will have our 12 year old daughter with us, who is playing in the IFPA champs in Denver. She'd have to sit outside otherwise ...

Cheers!
    rd

#19 10 years ago

Can my girlfriend come?

Nice write up on DNA Info! http://dnain.fo/1dg1y0D

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Congratulations on your new Venture! I'll check it out late April when I'm in Chicago.
    A question about the USA liquor laws ... I see the arcade is 21+, does that mean that nobody under 21 can enter the arcade?
    In NZ our liquor age is now 18, but that means that only 18+ can purchase liquor at the bar. Anyone can enter the premises and have a coke or something. Is the US like this too?
    The reason I ask is that we will have our 12 year old daughter with us, who is playing in the IFPA champs in Denver. She'd have to sit outside otherwise ...
    Cheers!
    rd

There really is no Universal US law regarding this. It really all depends on where you are at. Different states, different counties, different towns all may have their own take on it. Some places kids under drinking age get kicked out at a certain time, other places it's 18 to enter 21 to drink. Best of luck figuring it all out!

Any luck on finding a hearse yet?

#21 10 years ago

Whats the direct email address?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Whats the direct email address?

Quoted from drmrpants:

...you can also email me directly at [email protected]
    thanks again!
    -z

#23 10 years ago

yup missed that post. thanks

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

There really is no Universal US law regarding this. It really all depends on where you are at. Different states, different counties, different towns all may have their own take on it. Some places kids under drinking age get kicked out at a certain time, other places it's 18 to enter 21 to drink. Best of luck figuring it all out!

No hearse! I've been "stiffed".

Flank can't get hold of the seller. Just a weird answer phone message.

There's one in Madison I need to get checked out .... Doesn't look too bad.

rd.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Just a weird answer phone message.

I mean, they DO own a Hearse...

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I mean, they DO own a Hearse...

Hmmmmmm yeah I guess you're right there!

I was sorta expecting someone sane ... What a mistake!

rd.

#27 10 years ago

Cool how is parking? do you have to feed the meters on Sundays?

I sent you an email about coming to the event.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

In WI

http://www.revenue.wi.gov/faqs/ise/atundrg.html

Can an underage person possess and consume alcohol beverages on licenses premises?

Yes. Persons under age 21 may possess and consume alcohol beverages if they are with their parents, guardians or spouses of legal drinking age; but this is at the discretion of the licensee. The licensed premise may choose to prohibit consumption and possession of alcohol beverages by underage persons.

a few other states also have something like that. But city / counties laws may have there own laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._history_of_alcohol_minimum_purchase_age_by_state

#29 10 years ago

I sent an email but haven't heard anything back, is there any conformation that we are on the list?

#30 10 years ago

I've sent a couple PMs with names and received confirmation that they are making a list - I'm sure they're marking down everyone who emails or PMs but may be too busy getting everything going to send confirmations right away.

Street parking shouldn't be bad on Fullerton at that time of day. There's a meter, but I can't remember if that stretch of Fullerton is exempt on Sunday. If not, it would most likely be $5 or less to park for all 3 hours. Could always park on one of the nearby side streets too, or Western.

#31 10 years ago

I think the parking rate is now like $2 HR are the side streets free there?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

I've sent a couple PMs with names and received confirmation that they are making a list - I'm sure they're marking down everyone who emails or PMs but may be too busy getting everything going to send confirmations right away.
    Street parking shouldn't be bad on Fullerton at that time of day. There's a meter, but I can't remember if that stretch of Fullerton is exempt on Sunday. If not, it would most likely be $5 or less to park for all 3 hours. Could always park on one of the nearby side streets too, or Western.

Just was checking because along with names I asked what the process is if we bring a game ad have not heard anything.

#33 10 years ago

drmrpants - If you can move this to the end of the month I will be in for the hockey game with 6 of us. We will be happy to drink your free beer and toss money into your machines!!!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think the parking rate is now like $2 HR are the side streets free there?

Yup, side streets are free.

Quoted from calvin12:

Just was checking because along with names I asked what the process is if we bring a game ad have not heard anything.

Oh awesome! Hopefully they get back to you soon. Any game in particular?

#35 10 years ago

i'm still waiting to hear back as well

#36 10 years ago

hey joe,
    sundays are free directly in front of our place and its always free across the street.
    -zespy

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Cool how is parking? do you have to feed the meters on Sundays?
    I sent you an email about coming to the event.

#37 10 years ago

sorry, my internet was down for a couple days... bad timing!

Quoted from supercombo:

#38 10 years ago

hey,
    just sent you a message. sorry for the delay. everyone should have gotten a response from me, if you haven't please hit me up here or directly at [email protected]

Quoted from calvin12:

#39 10 years ago

we will be open as of monday the 17th so come on by anytime after that and say hi!

Quoted from meSz:

drmrpants - If you can move this to the end of the month I will be in for the hockey game with 6 of us. We will be happy to drink your free beer and toss money into your machines!!!

#40 10 years ago

hey joe,
    just responded to you a moment ago. see you soon!

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

i'm still waiting to hear back as well

#41 10 years ago

It shouldn't be too hard to find parking at that time within a couple blocks.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

Yup, side streets are free.

Oh awesome! Hopefully they get back to you soon. Any game in particular?

Not positive but possibly Space Shuttle, but its in the upstairs gameroom which is where games go to never leave the house again (way hard to get them back up there).

#43 10 years ago

artesian and campbell usually have space and they are the side streets right next to us.

Quoted from RazerX:

It shouldn't be too hard to find parking at that time within a couple blocks.

#44 10 years ago

that's awesome that you want to bring a game, but don't stress it if its a pain in the butt.

Quoted from calvin12:

Not positive but possibly Space Shuttle, but its in the upstairs gameroom which is where games go to never leave the house again (way hard to get them back up there).

#45 10 years ago

bump!

#46 10 years ago

hey all, thanks for the response! we still have some room, let me know if you want to come over and have some fun!
    best,
    -z

#47 10 years ago

Can't wait to check out the space today - another bump for anyone else browsing Pinside this morning in the Chicago area.

#48 10 years ago

thanks! not everything will be 100% but there are are still plenty of games to have a ton of fun!!

see you all very soon~!

#49 10 years ago

This was a great time. Place looks awesome. Roomy layout, massive game lineup, great beer selection, framed backglasses everywhere, even the light fixtures are cool. Huge thanks to Jim for providing free games & drinks to the pinball community, while benefiting a pinball legend. I hope the Oursler bucket was full by the end of the afternoon.

Techs were running around all day knocking out issues. Several of the things I made note of early in the day were corrected within the hour. That's a good sign for an arcade full of classics that will inevitably need constant maintenance.

City dwellers (and even my fellow suburbanites), get out there and support Logan Arcade!

#50 10 years ago

Cool Place!!! It was fun there!!!!

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-of-my-new-arcade-on-sunday-february-16th-from-1-4pm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.