(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 4 years ago

0867DCC2-3D4F-419A-A913-AA6968606A0F (resized).jpeg0867DCC2-3D4F-419A-A913-AA6968606A0F (resized).jpeg

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

LE's are all BS.

That’s what I think.

I only buy an LE If I’d get it sooner or if it looks nicer.

I’m thinking of getting a new MM remake super edition so I’m glad they made it. After having a large display on AFM LE, didn’t want a small screen MM remake. So likely CGC will sell me something rather than not which might have gone to Stern something.

Ironically I was going to get the first MM LE remake but the wait was too long and I get a STLE instead. Now it’s coming full circle back to MM remake maybe.

#84 4 years ago

hopefully it will be priced in my budget range.

I hope there is more illumination, somewhat felt that MM has been a bit on the dark side

#99 4 years ago

Basically, this new pinball sales a zero sum game (IMO) where there are x thousand sales every year. Us buyers are going to buy something (Spooky, CGC, Stern, JJP, AP etc.) and if CGC wants to sell more games like MM remake this is how it's done. I was considering a Stern for my next purchase because I don't like small display pins (in the $8K price range). Look at AFM/MB small display in the $6K-something range. No matter how great MM is, I won't buy one for $8K with a small display. But this with the lighting upgrades will maybe just get my money instead of Stern (SW, DP or JP that I was considering).

Before this announcement I was not a buyer of a new CGC pin (I have AFM LE but never liked MB so that was a pass so it was just wait for the next CGC because I wasn't buying a regular MM for $8K).

Stern just re-did the art on SW, they want to sell more SW pins. They hit a wall on the old art likely, they felt like they could grab another couple hundred or thousand sales from the new art. It's just smart business.

#110 4 years ago

I don't think this is called an LE anyway.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Classic Edition 8k (just like original release)
Special Edition 9k (rgb and extended display)
Full Monte/King’s Edition 10k (topper, powdercoat, lighting, extended display, mirror blades, etc)

Tad more than I was hoping for. Are these prices free shipping and do they include shaker? (anyone know)?

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

but they had no choice but to keep the standard model at $8K....

I can't see they had no choice? When Apple releases a better phone do they have no choice to keep the old phone at the same price or do they just drop it to a price that reflects that it's not a top of the line phone anymore?

I am saying if a MM classic is equivalent to the classic editions of AFM and MB why does it cost $1500 more?

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hearing King version is very limited. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

If the topper was exclusive (like AFM) then it makes sense, that topper has to be quite pricey. If you can buy all the parts upgrades separately then it doesn’t make sense for one to be limited.

#188 4 years ago

It’s really a money game.

I’m just guessing but it seems as if there are a good number of deep pocket folks and they would pay $$$$$ whatever it takes. These people sold out BM66, bought YBR and so forth.

You have the majority who are more comfortable in the $6-8K range like was once Woz, STLE etc.

The question would be if company feels like they’d make more selling x hundred games at very high price or x thousand games at middle price.

I’m not sure if production capacity is playing a part as well, so if CGC can only make 300 games a month it doesn’t need to sell thousands upon thousands of pins since they can’t build them fast enough.

Some companies would like to gain market share steal sales form Stern or JJP but we have seen this before when JJP PotC just didn’t or couldn’t make any more. Stern is one company that seems to be able to make anything they want at will. They can sell cheaper than most other companies and they can make pins for years on end such as GoT vault or SW comic edition. Also maybe Stern has surplus parts on hand for SW. I do consider SW now especially if they make a code update like have done with GoT and GB recently.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

King edition, then Dragon, Castle, Damsel, Troll, Merlin...$20k by 2030, and $7k HUO! Shoot, I may pass and see what Danesi and Eddy come up with in the near future. Too bad, as I bet there are hundreds of buyers at a better price.

Me too. Like BigD said, the newer pins are more appealing to me, but I love my AFM LE with topper etc. I was all set to buy MM topper edition if the price was $9K. Dealer on speed dial and bank account ready, but now I’ll wait for few other releases and maybe look for HUO discount if any on MM topper edition.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hearing King will have exclusive. Otherwise it wouldn't be limited. Not just powder too.

Be nice if enhanced sound, invisible glass and so on.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I literally bought my NIB MMr SE on 10/15/19. 2 days before this sneak peek. I also bought the color chip. It was expensive but my first NIB box I wanted it to be a game I could play for years and not get bored with quickly. The extras look great but I was really at my limit with what I already paid. The extra 400 for color was actually more than I wanted to pay. But I spent that for Fishtales to have color so I would have eventually upgraded anyway. My family loves the game and I expect it to be bolted to the floor. I kept ToM for over 6 years before selling it to buy this. No regrets.

Especially if you are a long term buyer like many years It’s not as horrible but if you like to jump around every 6 months it can get expensive. I bought PotC 12 years ago, my Tron 7 years ago. If I buy a MM for $10K and keep it for 8 years then sell it for $7K that’s just like $1 a day of ownership.

These pins hopefully are built to last.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I'm not a fan of colored GI and never put them in any of my games however after playing this it's very well implemented and only changes color at certain times. I think they did a very good job on the execution and I like it better then the XL display and topper since you really don't notice those during gameplay unless you look up.

How is the GI overall, I mean does the game look dark?

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People complaining about the price, the “code”, or thinking MMr should get cheaper because MB & AFM were are hilarious.
It’s MM. You can’t compare it to anything else. MM will always be MM.
It used to be a $20k restored game.
It’s a bonafide classic, always be desired and that will never change.
There is zero reason to lower the price.
These will sell like crazy.
Also it’s awesome that PPS/CGC are offering upgrade kits.
Literally everyone wins here. Original owners get bling if they want, new customers can get a new game if they want...prices are comparable so orig buyers don’t feel fleeced.

Agree that MM used to be $15K or whatever but that was then this is now, IM was $6k before the Vault edition. Now won’t get $6K for any Iron Man since it’s been remade.

Supply and demand back 6 years ago there was a thread the OP said should he could trade Tron + LotR And bring some cash as well for one MM pin. That’s not the case anymore.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lotr-a-little-cash-mm/page/1

I am not saying MM is not great at all but it’s not a game that you bring Tron and LotR plus cash for because it’s not rare anymore. The game has changed as they say in Tron.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

If interested in the MMR Royal Edition especially, we are the largest reseller of the games can ensure that you have a bonafide slot for the MMR RE! Contact [email protected]

will the Royal come with invisible glass?

#350 4 years ago

I wanted MM remake Royal treatment but can not justify +$2000 above what I paid for my AFM LE. God bless all buyers and GCG, I'll be interested in any future releases (less than $10K).

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m new to pinball and fell in love with mm. I’m in for 10k for sure. It sucks compared to the other games. But I’m the sucker they are looking for. Yolo

You are 100% correct yolo. Not to be morbid but I’m in my mid 50s and read all the time about guys dying in their 60s, not that it’s all that common but you never know. So if you really want MM and can afford it why not.

My problem (ish) is that I don’t love MM as much as AFM and I paid $8300 for AFM LE with topper, shaker, mirror blades. Meaning I’d need to pay $2000 more for MM which I don’t like as much.

Quoted from Rarehero:

In 2014, a “like new” restored MM was $20k+. In 2019 you’re getting it for “half off” with tons of new features & a brand new warrantee. Don’t worry, the people who paid $20k are the suckers...you’re doing alright

That’s faulty logic tho because back then there might have been a small number of MM that were in as good shape as new. Now there are butload thousands of MM around. I was offered MM remake standard straight up for a a Tron pro (modded). I’m sorry that I didn’t do that. But don’t conflate the idea that MM used to cost $20k with the idea that you are getting MM for half off now. You would be paying full weight for MM royal and it will never sell for more than $10K used.

However,, if you keep it for long time and sell down the road for a small loss you would be small price for one of the best pins ever made.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'd have been sorely tempted at another price point, but honestly this is the same price I paid years ago for an MMR Standard. It's all good. I wish it had been Standard + RGB $8k, plus $500 Special, + $500 Royal, but to quibble over $1k at the end of the day probably means I don't want it that much. Maybe I'll pick up one later as I think Standard runs will continue as long as there is demand.

Agree

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.