(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why would you feel bad???
Before the MMR was available mint condition MMs were north of $12,000 and up. I could guess about 90% of MMR owners like myself would have never been able to own one. Sure now they have upgraded the game from first release. So as an LE owner I’m getting the XL screen and Topper. If it cost me another grand, so be it. I’ll still have less in the game then what it would have cost for used original. I couldn’t be more happy about it. Disclaimer: I’m not a big fan on the RGB lighting so I’m kind of biased on that one.

All good points, but for a grand I'm out...I don't care about the RGB lighting, but the big display and topper would be a nice to have

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Further proof that the moniker “LE” is completely meaningless.
When are you announcing the exchange program for everyone who bought a MMr LE & put you on the map?

Lets hope they don't screw the LE owners....

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Cargument: Why is pinball so different from cars that each year they can put out the newest model of a car without having to take care of last year’s model owners that ‘put them on the map’?
Honest question.

Its a legit point from the outside looking in; however early adopters paid money upfront and waited 2 years....CGC has a history of making their LE's the best looking game with the greatest features. If they now start selling a standard model with more bells and whistles than the LE's I think its a problem. To offset this issue they should simply have an LE upgrade program at a discounted rate....other wise their LE's are all BS.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

So Chevy Introduces a 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition (which would be a limited edition) but the new Vette blows that away and everyone wants the new one. Why should pinball be any different??? I mean every manufacturer from televisions to refrigerators will have more options on the newer models.
Chicago Gaming knocked it out of the PARK!!!

I get your point, but I wouldn't put limited edition pinball games in the same category as mass produced cars or televisions...

#71 4 years ago

Enough said .... I'm looking forward to seeing how CGC handles the cost of the upgrade .... definitely in on the topper...its a possibility that the new games coming off the line (Q4) may include the new display and topper? After all it would be the same price as AFMRLE and MBRLE....

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

i have already asked my distributor to put me on the list or start the list. with all the issues we are hearing about with Stern and JJP playfields at an even higher price this new iteration of MMr is a no brainer

I asked my distributor (Planetary) if the games being built in Q4 included the XL display, and topper....they basically said they don't know (not sure I believe that, but thats what they said)....so who knows maybe its just a paid upgrade for all?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

that may be so but not very practical I am betting they offer the topper and XL display as a kit to the previous LE owners first then start production for the remainder who do not own one already. Like others have said "take my cash now|" lol

Time will tell...It does makes a lot more sense for them to build all their games on the same platform, and phase out the smaller display....

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm wondering if these upgrade will be available for purchase separately, or bundled. I have the MMr LE and the MBr LE. Personally, I like the appearance of the smaller screen set-up on my MMr over the large display set-up that's on my MBr. The smaller screen set-up looks more like the original MM.

I sure hope so....I would be interested in the topper for my LE...possibly the display if its reasonable.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Man the entitlement of the LE culture on here is hilarious. Keep it up lol.

Yep...I'd be happy just getting the topper....I could give a rats ass about the GI's...XL display would be nice (to match the others), but not a big priority in my mind...I'm hoping u can piece meal these options....on the LE comment it is kind of bogus they would sell a standard game with more features than the LE.....just saying....that being said all we've learned is CGC's LE's is kind of bogus anyways.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Say what you will, but these companies, especially Stern, would not be in business without the LE model. It singlehandedly has brought in guaranteed money to these companies for unfinished/untested/unplayed product. The pinball business cannot survive with "wait and see" buyers.

Very true....CGC is the one who chose to market MMR as an LE and claim its "best in class"....that being said I love that they made improvements to the game, and I'll withhold judgement until the details are revealed.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

No problems if they allow sales to everybody. They should just do the same for all the machines. I should be able to buy a MB classic and get a topper for it.

I would have no problem with that if they were upfront about it. I'm pretty sure they would sell a lot of MBR and AFMR toppers. The challenge is they stated they were only part of the LE package....now in their defense the large display and topper were not part of the original MMRLE package yet those 1000 customers were pretty instrumental to their success...let hope they don't piss off that customer base as many have purchased repeat product...time will tell

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The MMRLE was priced the same as the MMRSE, even though LE had a shaker, discounted DMD color chip and the SE did not. In this case the LE did not command a "premium" over a lesser version. I think everyone was expecting the MMRSE to be cheaper at the time but it was not. So SE owners should be included I think in any well priced upgrades.

Absolutely true + option of trim colors...

#118 4 years ago

Classic Edition 8k (just like original release)
Special Edition 9k (rgb and extended display)
Full Monte/King’s Edition 10k (topper, powdercoat, lighting, extended display, mirror blades, etc)

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Classic Edition 8k (just like original release)
Special Edition 9k (rgb and extended display)
Full Monte/King’s Edition 10k (topper, powdercoat, lighting, extended display, mirror blades, etc)

Call Zach at Flipnout pinball

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

How much for the topper?

zero info on upgrading or if its even an option....

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You know what they say about a fool and his pinball money..

yea, but he's not wrong ... especially if he's referring to Stern LE's

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm agreeing with him. I'm also stating anyone buying an LE as a 'collectible' or think it entitles them to something and not just because they think it's cool has low pinball literacy.

Gotcha....I'm with u guys...

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hope this is not accurate as that is a bit steep compared to AFMLE or MBLE at the 8K mark - its a big premium to pay -ouch

yea pricing blows, but they had no choice but to keep the standard model at $8K....that being said Stern is selling LE's at $9K, and JJP is selling the CE at $12.5K so maybe its not far off market value....

#133 4 years ago

This also tells me the upgrade kits: Topper, lighting, display won't be cheap....

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tad more than I was hoping for. Are these prices free shipping and do they include shaker? (anyone know)?

No clue...nor do I know what their calling their high end version. My guess is the SE and full monty edition include shakers. If history is accurate there will be another $300 on top of those prices

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can't see they had no choice? When Apple releases a better phone do they have no choice to keep the old phone at the same price or do they just drop it to a price that reflects that it's not a top of the line phone anymore?
I am saying if a MM classic is equivalent to the classic editions of AFM and MB why does it cost $1500 more?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember there are a bunch of pre orders at $8K for the standard game....as with all these games all your paying for is eye candy...game play is the same. I'm sure if they had a do over they would price their models the same at MBr (they would sell more)....what I don't get is why theres a $1K price difference between the three models.....should be $500 at most....

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I'm glad I didnt buy the color chip yet. Hopefully I can put that 400 towards a large display upgrade.

with the $2K difference between the standard and full monty I'm betting the display and topper probably won't be cheap, but time will tell...I could give two shits about the RGB lighting

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

True . Unless you’re talking about an LE anything . The very definition of which is paying a premium for the exclusivity of something that will never be produced or reproduced again . The problem is that there are no true LE pinballs if a manufacturer can make more money they could do something as simple as change the armor color ( RBR oz ) and re-release it . This amounts to a certain level of dishonesty on the sellers part and a betrayal of the original premium purchase terms ( never be made again - it’s limited ! ) even if it’s technically correct that it’s not an exact copy by making a small change . Pin makers need to either stop calling it an LE and keep putting out as many as they can sell or hover the buyer / seller contract - pay a bunch but you’ll be one of the few ‘cause we’re not making any more .

yep...comparing pinball to apple or ford is ridiculous....i get their point, but pinball manufacturers make their most margin on marketing LE's. People buy for the bling, but also under the assumption it won't be repackaged and sold again and again....CGC basically just screwed all the original LE owners. Who by the way helped them finance their development costs by waiting two years....

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Cost wise perhaps... but MMr is a better game!

I don't know man....MBR LE is really fun to play....its pretty tough to choose between the remakes...

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would love to have the special of all 3 games...heck with the LE stuff

I hear ya...I have all three LE's and it goes in phases for me....that being said none of them have more than 200 games on them...

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Both those prices are ludicrous, but those paying it will defend it and attempt to normalize it. $10k is such an absurd price for a new pin that we've all made fun of it for years. Seeing people pay it with a grin is very odd. I'm against it.

Prices start to even crazier when u add taxes....I was quoted $9717 for a standard MMR with color, and shaker...included tax ($822) and shipping....if your forced to pay sales tax that $10K machine will be pushing $11K....

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Order out of state.

It still works in some states, but most states are catching up to the people buying out of state. For years I purchased out of state in order to avoid sales tax, but those days are ending quickly. So yes in my county in California a NIB full loaded MMR would cost $10K (game) + $300 (shipping) + $925 (CA crazy sales tax) for a grand total of $11,225....I've basically stopped buying NIB games, and have settled on trading or buying HUO games....if your patient u can eventually find your game locally.

#215 4 years ago

My guess it will cost $600-$1000 for the display kit with color...they might give existing MMR owners a $400 break on the upgrade if they already have color chip.

Topper will be $400-500 ...

$400-500 for the lighting

so basically $2K for the entire kit....

#217 4 years ago

Wow that sucks. You'd be best to buy at a show for cash, no tax, no shipping or like you say, buy used.

Yep....obviously cheaper for some since our sales taxes are so high, and some states don't require sales tax.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they display from the OEM is quite pricey so I wouldn't expect it to be much less than 1000-1350!

really? I can't imagine that screen costs that much in volume?

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s the system, you got it right. It’s a time honored tradition. I may still get one but lean towards a new game or MBrLE. Neil looks like he has the cash to spend, but even rich people like a good deal.

You'll love MBRLE....its really a great game....and trust me people with lots of cash all want a good deal....

#242 4 years ago

I certainly hope they allow MMR owners to buy the kits separately....I'm only interested in the display and topper....or possibly just the topper depending on upgrade costs....

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sara at PPS texted me that it is $9999 MMR "royal," $8999 special, and $7999 standard. Not sure what shipping adds, I assume a few hundred.

$300....funny their calling it royal...does the special include the shaker?

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not sure, I'll give her a call later today. I'd love one but man, that's a pile of cash. If it isn't truly limited, I'll probably just wait for the collector market. Not sure the "color bombing," as thelaw calls it, works here, would love to see video.

Be nice to know what u get for moving up to the SE version? display, shaker, lighting? I know for the royal version u get the display, topper, lighting, blades, trim, and shaker.....

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just got an email from PPS. I have MMRSE with color chip. Just to upgrade to the XL screen. $649.

ouch....any intel on topper costs?

#251 4 years ago

Xl display $649
Topper $599
GI $99-199

#255 4 years ago

Those prices are if you already have the color chip ....

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So that’s $1447 extra to upgrade the regular version that’s $8k to the “royal/king” version that’s $10k. Apart from powder coat, is there anything else on the “royal” version that justifies $553 extra?

U have to have the MMR with the color chip which is $400

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, that makes sense. So the xl display upgrade is really $1k.

Yep...$1050 ... I was a little surprised the upgraded lighting was so cheap.... maybe its not as complicated as I once thought?

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

$600.
...and $100 - $200 for the GI upgrade.

Yea I got the email....what do u think of the upgrade costs? My LE actually has the black trim so for another $1400 its basically the same as the new royal version....seems like a waste to me....I'll get the topper for sure...not sure about the balance...

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'm more all in on the display and the lighting and the topper is a wait and see even tho it looks bad ass it doesn't have any animation like the AFM one or the pretty dope looking BK3 one.
Still seems like it would be a shame to not go all the way, you know?

yea I hear ya...be nice to match my AFMRLE and MBRLE, but its a serous cash grab on CGC's part....I'll probably bite the bullet on the topper and display and pass on the RBB lighting...my MMRLE looks kinda weird without a topper

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

So, get a used MMR and add the options might be a way to go. Or just add the topper and color, skip RGB if over the top. Anyhow, it's nice there are options.

I already have a MMRLE with black trim, shaker and color ... so its really a decision of whether I want to pay $650 + tax and shipping for a new display and speaker panel....the other one becomes completely worthless

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would be OCD with CGC topppers - either have none or have them all

Thats my issue...MMR looks weird sitting next to MB and AFM who have toppers....and I was never crazy about the after market MM toppers.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I actually like the smaller color display, looks more like the original. The topper is where I'd put my money, as crazy expensive as it is. Maybe RGB if it looks even close to MBrLE.

Do you think the RGB is a hardware or software change? both? I'm surprised its so cheap

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

On the 'Royal' LE, has it been announced if there well be more than one powder coat trim option?
It seems black has been mentioned but curious if there will be other trim packages?
Have never owned a MMR but my family have all missed this pin since we sold an original MM before the release of the re-makes.
Really excited about this awesome new release.

The remakes really take MM to another level....all I know is the original LE had three options: Stainless, black, or gold ... not sure if their offering these same colors or not

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

ptownpin: Thanks and agreed that PPS takes this game to a whole new level.
I really miss the original and was seriously considering tracking down a mint clear-coated restored original; but after seeing this total package with the XL screen, topper, RGB lights, etc., I've already reached out to my distributor to express my interest.
This is such an amazing game to begin with and I can't wait to add it to the collection.

I had a completely restored MM original, and an LE sitting next to each other for months....Purists prefer the originals, and will claim they play better. Personally I couldn't tell a difference between the two (nor could anyone else)....In the end I chose new and sold the original for what I paid for it. If u pick up a new one I would bite the bullet and get the royal version....you won't regret it...

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Simple answer.
A: They are still making money selling the add-ons.
B: Many people would rather buy NIB over chasing down a used game and doing the work themselves. Or just want that new in box smell.

buying NIB is over rated.... the joy lasts about an hour....there are many more advantages to buying a nice HUO game...

1. Many have nice mods u buy at a big discount
2. You can inspect the game prior to purchasing
3. Owner already dialed in the game and worked out all the kinks
4. Can avoid shipping costs and sales tax

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want a Royal chrome trim edition with PDI glass

For another $350 u can have it

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont know everytime I hear royal, I just think about royale with cheese from Pulp Fiction. Guess Ill just stick with the LE and retrofit. Otherwise during gameplay Ill just get hungry.

I'm with ya...Royal is stupid, but they had no choice since they already marketed and sold their LE's

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll agree that "us" mainstream pinball hobbyists would do this. If you haven't noticed there is a whole new crowd of pinball buyers out there. Most have these buyers don't care about saving a few hundred bucks or any of the things you list. They want and believe brand new is the way to go. And they will gladly pay someone else to set it up and dial it in. I do it for two people like this. Both have nice collections of mostly NIB LE games.

I hear ya....I used to be one of those until I wised up although I have purchased several NIB LE's the last 5 years....

#301 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I could understand 650 for the upgraded display, but do we really need a color chip too? 1000 bucks to get that screen is way too much, I'll pass.

CGC has always sold the color chip for an additional $400...yes is over priced and ridiculous....LE buyers got a $200 discount...

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is why they're not dropping the price, IMO. They could move hundreds more MMrs if they dropped to a $6k/$7k/$8k pricing scheme, but they know that a sizable chunk of their customers are repeat players and they don't want the MMr early adopters to feel burned. Bummer for the rest of us that would benefit from cheaper MMrs, but I get why CGC would approach it this way.

couldn't agree more....they would have been better off offering big upgrade discounts to existing owners. I'll bet the COGS is less than $500 for the entire upgrade package.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

As a buyer of the original MMRLE, I'm glad they are offering all of the upgrades for purchase at prices that equal the new edition fully loaded. Regardless of what you think of the pricing structure, original LE owners don't feel fleeced.

I think they did their best to not screw existing owners....I also think its great that people can buy all the upgrade options....fleeced is too strong a word for how many of original buyers feel. Its hard not to feel that the early adopters should have gotten something since they helped finance the whole thing.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's not a price increase really though -- they're just not cutting prices on MMr to avoid pissing off people that bought one previously. See posts above from various current owners that are happy you'll be paying through the nose for MMr+. CGC knew what they were up against, and priced accordingly.
I also wouldn't take this as a template for whatever their next remake is, I'd bet good money they'll return to the price structure they established with AFMr and MBr.

They'll definitely go back to the AFM/ MBR pricing model ... if u look at competitor pricing on their high end models...CGC's pricing on their high end version is pretty much in line if not cheaper.... JJP's CE model is $12.5K

#313 4 years ago

See why is this important? People should get this model if they like this model, not caring how many they make.

I heard theres no limit to any of the models including the royal, which frankly makes sense....

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m sure it’s partially that, especially since they’re selling the upgrades to potentially thousands of owners- but also - IT’S MM! MM has nothing to prove. MM doesn’t need to be cheap to sell. They have 2 other great games on the line, it’s not their only game to build. They prob ran the numbers and figured how many games they can build in a year - and selling MM at the higher price would meet those goals. There’s zero reason MM needs to be cheaper to attract buyers.

Capacity is a good point....we all know that their throughput is limited.

#320 4 years ago

Doesn't matter if its limited or not (I heard not)....they'll just repackage and call it the super royal LE's mean absolutely nothing on MMr games. I think CGC is realizing that selling add on's like toppers is great business. I can guarantee you they would sold 100's if not thousands of AFM and MBR toppers, and at $600 there's serious margin built in.

#330 4 years ago

It would great if someone could put out a video of the game in action....be nice to see the new lighting and topper in action

#332 4 years ago

awesome .... thanks

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

will the Royal come with invisible glass?

Nope

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Payment sent for MMRRE. Excited! Long time trying to get an MM! Since 2004!

What are the trim options just black or stainless?

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted MM remake Royal treatment but can not justify +$2000 above what I paid for my AFM LE. God bless all buyers and GCG, I'll be interested in any future releases (less than $10K).

tough pill to swallow ....

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, Rick will be giving out the details of this version soon enough I’m guessing. One can hope the options justify the added expense. So far the remakes have been priced to market.

They did a nice job of not devaluing the existing MMr's on the marketplace....Buying the royal or whatever they call it is kind of a no brainer....after u buy the standard+ color + shaker + shipping your already close to $9K anyways...u might as well get the powder coated trim, blades and topper as well. $10K is a big nut, but its pretty much in line with the other LE/high end models Stern and JJP produce....

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man. I’m a cheap f*** and I’m ponying up. Hoping they take a while to build these so I can pay it off in payments.

you'll have plenty of time to save up....CGC NEVER makes schedule (at least they haven't in their previous 3 runs)....I wouldn't expect a game until end of year or Q1 next year.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s 2 months away. End of Q1 to Q2 maybe? Is CGC building standard MMR’s for now?

who knows, but they are historically months behind schedule....

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Tough decision, sell existing MMR LE at a loss and get a royal, or just upgrade the MMR LE. Im not a big fan of the black powder coating, so that may just be my answer. and I do not like mirror blades, they reflect and hurt my eyes. MMR LE upgrade it is.

If its in great shape why sell it?....personally I love the black powder coating on my LE...I like the mirror blades, but I liked the tilt graphics game blades for the particular title. I'm probably in on the topper, but jury is still out on whether it makes sense to pay almost $700 for the bigger display. Seems like a big money grab to me...cant be more than $200 in parts and labor.

#451 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s been $8k. It’s always been $8k since release. I don’t get why people EXPECTED a price drop. Would it be nice? Sure. But demand is high and they sell them as fast as they make them.
I actually did kinda think MMR would get a “Classic” edition with a price drop myself, lol.
To be honest tho, I’d be thanking CGC for selling MBR and AFMR (although AFM also didn’t sell for MM/MB money) for less (or at least having a cheaper option) rather than blasting them for keeping MMR at its price point. Yeah it’s expensive, but it’s the best.

CGC did the best they could to not devalue the existing games + they were already taking a lot of preorders so they clearly know they could sell the game at $8K without the shaker and color chip. I heard directly from PP that the display upgrade (if u already have color is $650), Topper is $600, and the lighting was $99-$199. I was confused why there was a spread on the lighting, but now I get that its only $99 if u buy the topper...I'll probably upgrade my LE (only has 75 game plays )with the topper and lighting (since its cheap)...probably pass on the display....sure would be nice if there was a trade in program

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

CGC, if you’re watching this, I just want an MMR for $6k. No fancy screen, no colorbombing, no topper. Just my favorite game at a slightly-more-than-Stern-pro price.

who wouldn't ... never happen if u want NIB...I'm sure u can find a nice HUO stock one for the $7K range or possibly an original that needs fixing up...

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I think if the royal edition is 10k. The topper should be exclusive to that edition. Makes the price justified.

Why? its not a limited edition....they've already don't that....they have thousands of MMR's in the field that might buy toppers....no brainer for CGC

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

Because they turn around and sell it at a cheaper price to someone else as a refurbished device. You can't charge full price for a used product and claim it is new.

I totally agree.....that being said its not unreasonable for CGC to provide some sort of credit for the panel, and either refurbish them and sell through Planetary (as used/refurbished) or use as replacement items for people who have failures in the field....

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

MBrLE is the best deal in high end NIB games right now. Just a loaded game, and gorgeous. The RGB is beautifully implemented, the toys upgraded, great topper, excellent sound package, shaker, beautiful engraved plaque on the lockdown bar, mirror blades, perfect powder coat. Unless this MMr is equivalent, MBrLE is the best effort from CGC so far. With the exception of the topper, I'm not seeing the toy upgrades here, such as troll eyes, dragon breath/wing leds, merlin figure with crystal ball, catapult, etc. But these are fun mods to do.

I couldn't agree more, and the $8K price point its by far the greatest value in pinball (on a NIB game). All CGC did was upgrade MMR to the MBR standards with the larger display, RGB lighting, blades, and topper...actually a smart move on their end.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe the are rethinking the pricing strategy?

I doubt it....seems pretty thought out + I am sure they make good money on the "royal" version...

#551 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like to know what exactly makes the RE limited. If it's just a number, who cares but if it's topper, or something else (which I heard it might be), then I'm in.

Nothing makes it limited...its just a standard MMr with all the bells and whistles....larger display, lighting, topper, blades, and powder coat...exactly what we got on MBRLE for $2K more. If it were me I'd get the SE, add the topper and call it good.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Seriously why even offer a Classic Edition? I'd be surprised if they sold any of those considering $1K more gets you the large display, color upgrade, upgraded sound, and RGB LEDs/GI. Not sure how you can justify the cost of any of these editions compared to AFM and MB remakes.

u can't....buying an MMR is basically a $1.5 - $2K premium over AFM and MB ...these are great for CGC's bottom line, which I guess is good for pinball

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very excited to add the RE to my gameroom.....moving to club thread as all the details seem to be sorted. Now the wait....

T minus 6 months

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

So Funny! I got roasted on this site for choosing black trim on my MMRLE....now the excitement is for the black (sure it has some sparkle)...Black has always been the way to go on this game!

I agree...stainless looks good as well...I wasn't a fan of the gold trim. I was at Cliff's house (Cliffy protectors) the other day and he has an original thats all brassed out....looked really nice.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Here, me!
I don't like the the design of the larger screen bezel and I'll never understand why people light their speaker grills,
since everything is reflecting on the glass. (But to each their own of course.)
Standard game, brighter and non flickering then an original would be is great for me.
But yes of course I like the color DMD. - But, but, but a friend of mine has the MMr but occasionally it switches back to low resolution monochromatic for a second. Seeing that was kind of a bummer.

Never noticed that on any of CGC games, but than again I'm not staring at the screen that much....

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Black! NO this is the best color[quoted image]

Looks nice, but black looks a little better

2 weeks later
#608 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I contacted a seller for upgrades and was quoted a price other than the one shown on the release provided by CGC. I assume that prices will be set by the seller and may reflect other costs involved. I certainly do not care to pay for these upgrades before they are available but I am very interested.

I think the prices are fixed so u shouldn't see much variance across distributors (if any)...if so just order through Planetary

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I still haven't received an answer from PPS or CGC (PPS in email told me they would have to ask CGC): does the GI upgrade for $249 also include the backbox RGB upgrade which is listed for the Royal edition??

I think there are several unanswered questions that most likely won't come out until their almost ready to ship. Like how much time is it going to take to convert to the RGB lighting? Does the topper lighting integrate with the game if u don't upgrade to the RGB lighting?

6 months later
#636 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

If you calc the normal sea freight times we should see them mid next month as it will have been at least 8 weeks by then. I was going to say I'm a little surprised none of the US or CAN owners have chimed in yet about receiving some.

I've been on PPS list since last October, and have received no word. I had heard they wouldn't start supplying upgrade kits until all the MMR's have been sent out....no idea if thats true or not

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I canceled my Royal Edition after figuring out what’s really going on. My distributor took full payment weeks ago. Then I found out that my game wasn’t ready to ship for the unknown future. They are still waiting on parts from China.

I don't blame u for being frustrated. I learned a long time ago to NEVER pay in full until my game is actually boxed up and ready to ship...CGC did this to me on both AFMLE and MBRLE....the good news is you'll eventually get the game if u can get over the emotional part!

1 month later
#676 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Looks Great! I ordered the upgrade kit for my LE, cant wait to get it!

When you say you ordered it do you mean your on their list or have u actually paid for the kit and their shipping soon?

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Great question, it was so long ago that I said I wanted it that I don’t know if it was an actual order or an interested list!

sounds like were in the same boat....I've been on Planetary's list since last October, but haven been asked for payment ....

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got an email from PinballStar offering these. Wonder if he has these in stock...

I doubt it....looks to me like their taking pre orders....I wouldn't pay for anything until people in the States are actually receiving these. I've been on Planetary's list since last October and they haven't requested payment yet, which probably means CGC isn't shipping.

1 month later
#710 3 years ago

So the speaker lights in the new RE are RGB, and interact with game play yet the kit you purchase does not? Does it interact at all or is it always on? Can u change colors? If not its kind of a disappointment

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It is disappointing, as I felt CGC indicated that the upgrade kit would bring previous owners in line with the new builds. They have not communicated very well about the upgrade kit, either. I hope there is an easy work around for the RGB speaker lights...

They've actually been pretty terrible at it, and yes they did indicate it would be the same ....I'm wondering if the lights on the upgrade panel are even RGB?

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I forgot about this kit until I got an email
about sending money for it a few weeks ago. Too much stuff going on right now in my life - I decided I didn’t really need it at the moment. Now that I’m reading that it doesn’t perform as advertised, I’m glad I passed. My MMr is fine without this frivolous stuff.

I'm beginning to feel the same way.....I might just buy the topper and call it good!

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from KingCat78:

It's not that CGC can't do it, but it would make a native RE a lot less exclusive. Why would you want to buy a RE if you can simply upgrade any MMR with the upgrade kits and have the same thing? It will probably have something to do with that.

Not really.....They don't do it because it would be more expensive to buy all the upgrades versus just picking up the RE....u would need to purchase the color chip, display, topper, RBG lighting, and armor kit (they said they were selling it, but who really knows).

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

From the MMr thread.
Thank you very much to the Pinsider who posted this in the MMr thread. If you purchased the XL screen and either the topper and or the rgb kit you get an additional board that drives the topper and the rgb lights. The speaker lights can be hooked up to the rgb board and will become color changing.
Looking forward to getting our RGB kit.
[quoted image]

Its not surprising that someone came up with a solution to this problem. Whats surprising to me is CGC hasn't addressed this issue at any level. They are charging an arm and a leg for these upgrades so including a solution to this issue is just pure laziness.

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Anybody in the USA get there upgrades yet ?

I got an email a couple weeks ago from Planetary saying they were shipping soon.....although I have no idea what that means

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Given the discussions this far, I am considering canceling my XL order and going with just the RGB upgrade. Money saved would go towards a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speaker upgrade.

Not sure their compatible with MMR games, but u might want to try the pin woofer speakers.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from ElectronMover:

I pre ordered the upgrades with PPS last year and have not had a update from Sara since 4/20 despite emailing her twice since then, the latest being 6/16/20. Does anyone know if she is still the contact person at PPS? Is there a better company to order from?
Thanks as I really want these upgrades and there is supposedly a limited amount!!

I heard from them last week. They just said they are still waiting on product, and nothing has shipped.

1 month later
#822 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I told them when the topper and everything was ready to let me know. Must be the topper is the hold up.

I was told by PPS that my kit ships on the 4th ....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.