(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

CGC has to offer these for standard MMR-users! No way I am going to buy a 4th Medieval Madness!!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

RGB means new model - you're not retrofitting that on old model.

Well... These guys did it for a WMS CC

#73 4 years ago

I will probably have to get this new care-package for my standard MMR!

#399 4 years ago

Any info yet, where one could get these upgrades within EU and pricing?

2 weeks later
#606 4 years ago

Will the upgrades be sold via a European distributor as well?

8 months later
#692 3 years ago
Quoted from KingCat78:

I have a question regarding the speaker LED's on the new XL display.
I have the complete kit with the XL display, topper and GI RGB upgrade. So far I've only installed the XL display and new subwoofer. I've also updated to the latest firmware 3.0.0. I already have the color upgrade installed, so I didn't purchase that.
I've noticed that the speaker LED's only show the color blue now. My question is if the speaker LED's only change color when the topper and GI RGB upgrade are also installed? Or should they also change color when just the XL display, color upgrade, new subwoofer and new firmware are installed and nothing else?
I also checked the settings in the menu, and the speaker LED's are set to "interactive". Just hope that everything will work once I've also got the topper and GI RGB upgrade installed.
Thanks for any help.

It reads there in the end of the manual that the speaker light adjustment only works for Special Edition and the Royal Edition, i.e. not for those that bought the upgrades. Now someone should make a mod to make that work also for us with the old LE or the Standard versions

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fear not. Not a bummer. Upgrade kits bring the old owners in line with the new machines.
LTG : )

This is what it says in the RGB-instructions:
"90) NOTE: The SPEAKER lamp test only functions in Special Edition and Royal Edition games."

EDIT: tested also in game (I have all the upgrades installed), the speakers don't change colors - they are constant blue.

#703 3 years ago

Tested also in game (I have all the upgrades installed), the speakers don't change colors - they are constant blue, even though I have set them to be interactive.

#717 3 years ago

What about using something like this to mod the speaker-lights? It grabs the HDMI-signal and changes led-colors based on that apparently.
https://odditymall.com/dreamscreen-led-tv-backlights

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm beginning to feel the same way.....I might just buy the topper and call it good!

I considered selling my MMR and buying a MMR Royale, but decided against it since I thought the upgrades would make the MMR to be in par with the Royale (except for the armor color of course). Its nothing major with speaker lights and bumber lights, but nevertheless, its the general idea on how the upgrades were marketed. Seems a bit silly for CGC not including them in the upgrades - surely the missing parts to enable speaker and bumber lightning cannot be that expensive?

#744 3 years ago

Just a quick note for the folks in this thread - have a look at the MMR-thread. Apparently all that is needed for the RGB-lights on the speakers to work is some rewiring:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/140#post-5793088

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from KingCat78:

So finally I have all the upgrades installed. The topper, display and RGB lights look wonderful. It wasn't always easy installing everything to my MMR SE, as I sometimes had to improvise from the manual (e.g. the manual says that in order to install the new LED strip that's hanging just above the castle, you have to remove 4 screws, remove the old plastic and install the new plastic with LED strip and just 3 screws). Problem is that my "old plastic" does not have 4 screws to remove, because it has staples and no screws to remove. Also the 2 caps that are needed to twist and secure the 4 grey and 4 white wires coming from the pop bumpers and provided lamp cable are not in the kit, so I used some insulation tape which also does the job. The 3 mentioned cable clamps which are used to secure the RGB cable in the backbox are missing. Not a big problem, but thought I'd mention it in case someone else wonders about this.
[quoted image]

I had exactly the same issues (including the missing parts), except that my plastic had screws and stamples. Those staples were a b***h to remove for sure

#763 3 years ago

How has the changing of the RGB-wires from the speaker panel to the topper board gone for those who have already tried this? Did you have to broke the original connector on the speaker panel to get to the wires and move them to the new connector or is there some non-intrusive way to do this?

EDIT: Looks quite easy to do!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s?tu=nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.